25-19

Trail Blazers

21-25

Date & Time: Thursday, March 22, 9:00 pm CST
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP/LPBB/LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 679AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP/GT
Watch Party: Grizzlies: No | Budweiser: No | Coors Light: No

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Gilbert Arenas Dante Cunningham Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights
Trail Blazers Luke Babbitt Jamal Crawford Jonny Flynn J.J. HIckson Mehmet Okur Craig Smith Nolan Smith Hasheem Thabeet Kurt Thomas Elliot Williams Shawne Williams

#2 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Will we have an Arenas in the arena lol. Hopefully we do, I'm anxious to see it.

#3 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,795 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

I sincerely doubt that Arenas will fly to Sacramento without a signed contract in hand. So far as I know he hasn't signed yet has he???

#4 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

I read a report saying we will sign him. I don't know if it has been confirmed though. I doubt he would make the trip to the Kings game but in that same report it mentioned he might be ready for the Portland game if we signed him now. I'll look for the article I can't remember where I read it though.

Edit: only reported to sign, not official as of yet http://mobile.sbnati...izzies-contract

#5 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hadadi vs Thabeet bench matchup and Hibachi vs. J. Crawford possibly..this should be interesting!!

YO

#6 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,795 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostSTS, on 20 March 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

I read a report saying we will sign him. I don't know if it has been confirmed though. I doubt he would make the trip to the Kings game but in that same report it mentioned he might be ready for the Portland game if we signed him now. I'll look for the article I can't remember where I read it though.

Edit: only reported to sign, not official as of yet http://mobile.sbnati...izzies-contract

It's official and the rumor is that he will be in Portland Thursday night. No idea if he will dress or not.

#7 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Portland's been getting smacked by everyone, just in time for Memphis to play terribly against them

#8 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

We're in 6th place..

#9 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hope we get a practice in and get back to winning...the kings and raptors were supposed 2 be easy wins!!!!!

YO

#10 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

gotta take this one. Hopefully Hibachi will be able to show good.

#11 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Big game. We normally struggle in Portland, but we haven't faced this post-implosion Blazers team yet. They are considerably weaker now.

Gotta come out fighting and keep the intensity up for 48 minutes. ESPECIALLY on the defensive end.

#12 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostCam., on 20 March 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

We're in 6th place..

6th place. Hmmmm........ That's not bad.

What COULD be bad is: IF we lose Thursday to the Portland Trail Blazers, and on the same night the (at home) Houston Rockets beat the Ellis less Golden State Warriors (which they should); then we would have to beat the Clippers at the Clippers on Saturday. IF that doesn't happen and the Rockets (at home) happen to beat the Mavericks that same Saturday evening; the Grizz can say hello to #9th place as they go limping into Laker-Land on Sunday. Now I could be wrong on this scenario. If so; please correct me.

And to think someone actually posted that it didn't really make much difference who won between between the Rockets and the Lakers on the same night we were playing that debacle at Sacramento. Imo, Houston needed to lose.

The Grizz need to get their act together ASAP! Things are getting real interesting.

#13 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostEl Lobo, on 21 March 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

6th place. Hmmmm........ That's not bad.

What COULD be bad is: IF we lose Thursday to the Portland Trail Blazers, and on the same night the (at home) Houston Rockets beat the Ellis less Golden State Warriors (which they should); then we would have to beat the Clippers at the Clippers on Saturday. IF that doesn't happen and the Rockets (at home) happen to beat the Mavericks that same Saturday evening; the Grizz can say hello to #9th place as they go limping into Laker-Land on Sunday. Now I could be wrong on this scenario. If so; please correct me.

And to think someone actually posted that it didn't really make much difference who won between between the Rockets and the Lakers on the same night we were playing that debacle at Sacramento. Imo, Houston needed to lose.

The Grizz need to get their act together ASAP! Things are getting real interesting.

I believe that you always want the teams ahead of you to lose.

#14 New_Sacred_Cow

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:balencesto.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

I'm glad Camby and Wallace are gone, that duo always gave us fits!!

#15 catalina2013

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

View PostoldmanGrizz, on 21 March 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

I believe that you always want the teams ahead of you to lose.

Imo, that depends on the teams, and schedule variables. (ie) the number of home and away games left, along with the strength of each teams opponents that are on their schedule, plus how it could affect whether your team make the playoffs or not. With just 22 regular season games remaining for the Grizz and 19 for Houston, play off spots are getting fairly close to being decided.

Do you want Dallas to lose to Houston? I don't. I believe Dallas will be ahead of at least Houston when they meet for their next game. And I think the Grizz have a better chance of staying ahead of Houston than of catching Dallas by the time Dallas plays Houston. The further we can keep Houston behind us the better I will feel. Houston also has the advantage of having more home games left on their schedule than the Grizz.

In most cases I would agree with you. At this time, and maybe it's just because I can't stand the Rockets, lets just agree to disagree.

#16 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

Thabeet played against the Bucks the other night. I wonder if he has improved any since being traded. The bucks had more assist than the blazers had buckets. We should be able to snap out of this funk an gain some confidence. Rudy has been the only one showing confidence in his game and needs to become the leader.

#17 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I know MIL whipped Portland in Portland last night. I know OKC whipped them in OKC the other night. But I know that Portland beat Chicago in Chicago right after the team and head coach were blown up.

We all know the Rose Garden is a hard place for anyone to play in. What are the odds that Portland loses 2 in a row at home? Im not saying we are definitely going to lose because we should be a better team than Portland, but we should have been a better team than Sactown and that didnt work out very well for us.

Dont really want to use the "must win" term for this game, but let's just suffice it to say that we really really really really need to play tough team defense and win this game and get to 1-1 on this road trip. We need some road wins to make up for the LAL and Toronto catastrophes. It starts tomorrow night. Time for the Grizz to "man up." Simple as that. Are we going to be the little team that plays you tough for a while but falls short in the end, or are we going to be the team that came within 1 game of the WCFinals last year and was tough as nails? I hope its the latter.

#18 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Luke Babbit is the worst player in the NBA

#19 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostItIsWhatItIs, on 21 March 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Luke Babbit is the worst player in the NBA

That just means he'll probably smoke us.

#20 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostoldmanGrizz, on 21 March 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

That just means he'll probably smoke us.
yep omGrizz, might as well pencil Luke Babbitt in for say 18 pts with 3 or 4 three pointers. That would be about right. Luke may be tomorrow night's lucky winner of "Let the Grizz defense make you an NBA star" sweepstakes.