276 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Gilbert Arenas Dante Cunningham Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights
Kings Tyreke Evans Jimmer Fredette Francisco Garcia Donte Greene Chuck Hayes Tyler Honeycutt Travis Outlaw Hassan Whiteside

#2 GritNGrind

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Another must-win game. For those who didn't see Hollin's post-game locker room talk, he said Z-Bo would be back to starting and that Speights would be coming off the bench for Gasol mostly, with Dante giving the back-up mins to Zach. We desperately need to get on a streak here

#3 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

We can not afford to lose this with games at LAL at LAC and at POR coming up.... i really hope somehow we can win 3 out of 4 of these!

#4 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Got to get back on track!

#5 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Danger game..

#6 GrizzaretheBizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

Sure win. I'm not scared to call it.

#7 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

Sac beat the Timberwolves tonight....I think the Grizz will spoil their fun. Zbo starting again, it's amazing how evertime the ball goes to the rim you just know he's got a good chance to get the re- I mean Z-bound.....time to rumble.

#8 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

Definitely not an "automatic", but a probable win.

Over the past several weeks/months, I've mentioned how there was going to be an "adjust period" when Zbo returned. I think that's what we're seeing now. Even though Zach will (obviously) improve the team in the end, it takes awhile to re-insert someone like him back into the lineup. We're have to change the way we've played for the past 3 1/2 months.

The chemistry may be a bit off for a few more games. Even so, we should be able to take care of the Kings.

#9 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

Is Reke out? If so I see Thomas struggling against our pressure. I want to see Zbo vs Chuck Hayes. If Zbo shows something against some good defensive bigs I would feel great about him being in form. I hope Speights have a good game off the bench, I don't want him sulking the next several games due to lack of confidence. Let us see if he will be productive in the backup center role.

#10 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

I wonder how much can we expect from Rudy on this road trip. He's been playing well with Zach returning. 26.5ppg, 10rpg, 13-16 FT, 2 asts, 48% from the field.

I think ZBO/Marc is helping Rudy get a few more wide open looks, which was expected. I'm just hoping that Rudy can still be effective like this in the long run. Not necessarily averaging 26 points, but shooting the ball efficiently and getting to the line. I think 12 free throws was a season high for him in the Wizards game.

#11 Southern Dreadz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:I dunno...how does your momma look? She might interest me.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostBHZMAFIA, on 19 March 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

I wonder how much can we expect from Rudy on this road trip. He's been playing well with Zach returning. 26.5ppg, 10rpg, 13-16 FT, 2 asts, 48% from the field.

I think ZBO/Marc is helping Rudy get a few more wide open looks, which was expected. I'm just hoping that Rudy can still be effective like this in the long run. Not necessarily averaging 26 points, but shooting the ball efficiently and getting to the line. I think 12 free throws was a season high for him in the Wizards game.

The key with Rudy is and has always been not settling for jumpers. He didn't force anything in the first half and went aggressively to the hole in the second.

Less we forget there have been many times when Rudy was darn-near molested and never received a call. he just needs to keep the onus on the refs to make the call and keep going to the rim hard.

#12 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

View Postalwilson, on 18 March 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

We can not afford to lose this with games at LAL at LAC and at POR coming up.... i really hope somehow we can win 3 out of 4 of these!
I predicted a 2-2 road trip, but for that to happen, we need to get this first one. Portland is a wild card now. New young coach and new players and playing them at the Rose Garden makes it doubly tough, so we really need to start the trip off 1-0.

Sac is obviously playing well the past couple games. This will be a tough one. Grizz dont ever do anything easy.

#13 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

I want a 3 and 1 from this west coast trip and agree every game will be close we have to grit and grind it.

#14 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

Toronto and Washington weren't easy and they were at our house.

Grizz need to treat this game like it's a playoff game. Win it and you are that much closer to the team goals you set for yourselves before the season started.

#15 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Every time we play the Kings I thank the heavens that at least the Grizzlies didn't pick Tyreke Evans. Only thing in the world that was worse than picking Thabeet

#16 Butchukoy2

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Im drving 1 1/2 hrs to see the game...courtside:) I just hope I dont get mugged coz people here can be ugly. They are actually making a law to ban people for life in arenas if they beat somebody up! I want a W! So the drive home will be easier!

#17 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostXander32, on 19 March 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

Im drving 1 1/2 hrs to see the game...courtside:) I just hope I dont get mugged coz people here can be ugly. They are actually making a law to ban people for life in arenas if they beat somebody up! I want a W! So the drive home will be easier!

Frack yeah man, represent! You gonna be on camera side or what? Wearing any gear? I'll look for ya!

#18 catalina2013

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Will be a high scoring game. Gotta go with the Grizz on this one.

#19 Alex I.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts
  • Interests:My music, I have an album out on iTunes for all the country fans out there!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

I really feel better after having two games with the gang back in tact, I really hope Zach is having that good feeling and really comes out firing.

#20 Butchukoy2

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Game day I cant decide if i will wear my ZBo shirt or my OJ Mayo alternative jersey to the game!!! T Evans and K Martin still day to day! Go Grizzlies!!!!!