Jump to content


Grizzlies at Suns - 3/10/2012


126 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

    Hall of Famer

  • Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germantown, TN, USA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Dante Cunningham Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Zach Randolph Josh Selby Sam Young
Suns Shannon Brown Josh Childress Robin Lopez Markieff Morris Ronnie Price Michael Redd Sebastian Telfair Hakim Warrick


#2 Memphicity Design

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MEMPHIS
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Keep the win streak rolling!!! GO GRIZZ!

#3 GrizzliesIQYO

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,742 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grind House- Lower Bowl

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Revenge time !! KEEP THE TRAIN ROLLING!!


YO

#4 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'm pretty confident about this game. Once the Grizzlies get rolling, it takes a lot to slow them down. The Suns are not strong enough to stop our momentum.

As long as the refs don't screw us like they did the last time we were in Phoenix, we'll win.

#5 zacgrizz

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Definitely a revenge game since we got screwed last time.

#6 notnilc20

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southaven

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

darn....gotta wait till saturday??? With the compressed schedule this season, it's hard to believe the Grizzlies played only 1 game in a span of a week. BTW besides the Bulls, the Grizz are the next hottest team in the league right now with 5 in a row. Keep it going Grizz.....good night for us in the NBA.....the Nuggets, Rockets, Lakers, Clippers, Blazers all fall. I like it.

#7 Greater Memphis Grind

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mtown

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Only OKC and Chicago are as hot as we are right now, 9-1 in our last 10

#8 costarica2

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:miami
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

This was our only bad lost this season because of the refs.

#9 CarloJ63

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

We owe these guys..........bring it Grizz.

#10 chipc3

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,802 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

View Postcostarica2, on 08 March 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

This was our only bad lost this season because of the refs.

This is a loss that the refs didn't help us with but that isn't why the Grizzlies lost the game.

Personally I don't consider losing at Phoenix to be a bad loss either. The team has won 16 other games this season and is still in playoff contention in the West despite a losing record. If two close losses had gone the other way they would be at .500 after all.

#11 Granttis

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

This is the only game of the season thus far I was unable to watch. Only thing I saw was the two bad calls at the end. I hope we hammer them this time around, but I'll be happy with any W.

#12 GritNGrind

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

This will be a tough game for sure. We have to jump on em early. If we can do that, I gotta believe that the train keeps a'rollin. GO GRIZZ!

#13 T.O.

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hopefully Dallas takes them to triple OT tonight before obliterating their team morale with a last second game winner. Suns show up tired and downtrodden tomorrow night, we get in and out with an easy W.

#14 Granttis

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostT.O., on 08 March 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Hopefully Dallas takes them to triple OT tonight before obliterating their team morale with a last second game winner. Suns show up tired and downtrodden tomorrow night, we get in and out with an easy W.
Well we don't play them until Saturday, but maybe they can go to 7OT's and be really tired for two days?

#15 T.O.

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostGranttis, on 08 March 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

Well we don't play them until Saturday, but maybe they can go to 7OT's and be really tired for two days?

wow i definitely thought tonight was friday. terrible.

#16 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

I know these extended days off are great for the players (especially this year) but they make me restless for some ball!

But hey, with our back-to-back-to-back coming up in a few weeks, I guess this week was a major positive.

By the way, the Suns just took down the Mavs. Good news is that puts some more distance between us and Dallas. Bad news is that gives Phoenix some confidence going into Saturday's game. I'm still pretty confident though...

On a side note, I think it's becoming blatantly obvious that the Mavs Championship last year was a total fluke. They're a good team, but no way are they the best.

#17 southbluffsgrizzfan

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Downtown Memphis

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostGTG, on 09 March 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

I know these extended days off are great for the players (especially this year) but they make me restless for some ball!

But hey, with our back-to-back-to-back coming up in a few weeks, I guess this week was a major positive.

By the way, the Suns just took down the Mavs. Good news is that puts some more distance between us and Dallas. Bad news is that gives Phoenix some confidence going into Saturday's game. I'm still pretty confident though...

On a side note, I think it's becoming blatantly obvious that the Mavs Championship last year was a total fluke. They're a good team, but no way are they the best.
Just a quick aside concerning the Mavs, what we are seeing this year is just a different team. Last year the Mavs had TChandler, JJBarea, Deshawn Stevenson. This year they dont. Lamar Odom is...well....I dont know what he is doing. Dallas is just a different team. I dont see them catching lightening in a bottle again this year.

Cuban let JJ Barea walk, he let Tyson Chandler walk. He let Stevenson walk. He has something up his sleeve and it is probably something like Deron Williams and Dwight Howard in 2012-2013.

#18 SNAUZ

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Horn Lake, MS

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 09 March 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

Just a quick aside concerning the Mavs, what we are seeing this year is just a different team. Last year the Mavs had TChandler, JJBarea, Deshawn Stevenson. This year they dont. Lamar Odom is...well....I dont know what he is doing. Dallas is just a different team. I dont see them catching lightening in a bottle again this year.

Cuban let JJ Barea walk, he let Tyson Chandler walk. He let Stevenson walk. He has something up his sleeve and it is probably something like Deron Williams and Dwight Howard in 2012-2013.
Surely Cuban is after Howard and I don't think he is trying to hide the fact.

#19 GrizzedByBluffCity

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,264 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aquidneck Island
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

he's not after anyone particularly - he's a smart businessman and they have a smart organization that doesn't overpay ridiculous sums to choir boys like Tyson Chandler and Caron Butler ------> ROLE PLAYERS that expect superstar salaries and LAC / NYK crippled by that fact.

#20 Memphicity Design

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MEMPHIS
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostGrizzedBy2012, on 09 March 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

he's not after anyone particularly - he's a smart businessman and they have a smart organization that doesn't overpay ridiculous sums to choir boys like Tyson Chandler and Caron Butler ------> ROLE PLAYERS that expect superstar salaries and LAC / NYK crippled by that fact.

I might be wrong but doesn't Dallas always have one of the highest payrolls in the league?

I just checked and only the Heat and Lakers have higher payrolls this season.