20-15

Raptors

11-24

Date & Time: Friday, March 2, 6:00 pm CST
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP/LPBB/LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP/GT
Watch Party: Grizzlies: No | Budweiser: No | Coors Light: No

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Dante Cunningham Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Zach Randolph Josh Selby Sam Young
Raptors Solomon Alabi Leandro Barbosa Andrea Bargnani Jerryd Bayless Rasual Butler Anthony Carter Ed Davis Gary Forbes Linas Kleiza Jamaal Magloire

#2 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

statement game.....meaning we always play down to our competition....let's see if the Grizz can blow these guys out in their own arena.

#3 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

View Postnotnilc20, on 28 February 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

statement game.....meaning we always play down to our competition....let's see if the Grizz can blow these guys out in their own arena.

What are you talking about? The Grizzlies have lost to 1 team this season who had a losing record when they played and that was at Phoenix on the end of a four game road trip. The Grizzlies problem this season isn't playing down to the weaker opponents but not playing up against the stronger ones.

Is there any chance someone will mike this guy from last season so we can hear his comments during this game?

#4 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Tony Allen lost his passport. It can be really hard to get them replaced if you lose them. And they don't seem to be able to pull strings with that as Haddadi and Gasol both got delayed coming back for this season. I saw this on twitter a week or so ago so I wouldnt be suprised if he does not make this trip.

#5 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostGrizzedBy2012, on 29 February 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

Tony Allen lost his passport. It can be really hard to get them replaced if you lose them. And they don't seem to be able to pull strings with that as Haddadi and Gasol both got delayed coming back for this season. I saw this on twitter a week or so ago so I wouldnt be suprised if he does not make this trip.
Yea, that was pretty funny. But he tweeted shortly afterwards that he found it so he'll be there, no worries.

#6 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Do US citizens need a passport to go to Canada? I understand if a Spanish or Iranian citizen wants to cross the border but do Americans?

#7 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

View Postchipc3, on 29 February 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

Do US citizens need a passport to go to Canada? I understand if a Spanish or Iranian citizen wants to cross the border but do Americans?
I have no idea, but when Tony was tweeting about it, he acted like he was going to need it.

#8 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hey that's great Tony found the passport!

I was in Canada for the first time ever when I broke my collar bone this month. The same day actually. Well - you definitely need a passport to get into Canada but let's assume you fake your way across. The US then would totally freak out when you try to come back into the US. They do background checks and analyze everything you're doing each way so don't fool around. They tried to tell me my passport was expired although I had 1 week left on it. I had to defend myself and say "look it's not expired" and then they smiled and said "oh wow look at that, well you better get it renewed as soon as you get home now". They try to get you to panic on purpose and ask funny questions about your license plates and things like that. Also I think they're really bored at these border crossings in the middle of nowhere!!!

#9 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostGranttis, on 29 February 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I have no idea, but when Tony was tweeting about it, he acted like he was going to need it.

Do you really want to take advice from Tony Allen about anything not on a basketball court?

#10 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

btw Canada is not one of those countries that won't let you in with a passport that is going to expire soon. you can go there and return to US as long as your passport is not currently expired. (Some countries require a 6 month window before they let you enter). but like I said - doesnt mean the border guards aren't going to hassle you about it.

#11 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

View Postchipc3, on 29 February 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Do you really want to take advice from Tony Allen about anything not on a basketball court?
:lol:

#12 GrizzaretheBizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

I'm pretty sure Tony being a born citizen of the US would be a lot easier to get a replacement passport than an Iranian and Spanish resident.

#13 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

I wonder if Zbo will make the trip.

Also was he in the Dallas game??

P.s TA twiter is the best from car crashes to music ect...

#14 Greater Memphis Grind

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

From ESPN a couple months ago. You indeed need your passport to play the Raptors lol

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers backup center Samardo Samuels will not play in Toronto because he doesn't have a passport.

The team said Samuels did not travel with the club and won't be in uniform Wednesday night as Cleveland visits the Raptors to open a seven-game road trip.

The Cavs said Samuels, who is averaging 7.3 points and 2.5 rebounds in 16 minutes, will rejoin them in Minnesota Thursday.

Samuels recently said on his Twitter account that he had lost his passport. He is completing the proper paperwork to get a new one.

Also, the Cavs have assigned forward Christian Eyenga to Canton of the NBA D-League. Eyenga has played just one minute this season. He started 18 games for Cleveland last season.

#15 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

I really wish the Raptors would get relocated. Nothing against Canada, but it's just silly to have ONE team out of 30 playing in a different country. It causes a ton of travel issues. Besides last time I checked, it's the National Basketball Association. Not the International Basketball Association. There's just no need for a Canadian team when there are several US cities that would love a team of their own.

But anyways, I'm really confident about this game. As Chip alluded to above, we've done very well against lower level opponents this year. Could I go as far as declaring this an automatic win? :D

#16 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

View Postchipc3, on 29 February 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

What are you talking about? The Grizzlies have lost to 1 team this season who had a losing record when they played and that was at Phoenix on the end of a four game road trip. The Grizzlies problem this season isn't playing down to the weaker opponents but not playing up against the stronger ones.

Is there any chance someone will mike this guy from last season so we can hear his comments during this game?

I was speaking of last season (sorry for the unclarification)......Last time we played the Raptors in Toronto it took a last second shot to win. Cleveland, 76ers, Wizards?? Last season gave us fits. Also, as of late we haven't really blown anyone out in their arena......except the ATL game. If you think about it....the Denver and GSW games could have easily been in the L column (of course Denver is much better caliber than Raptors). Games like this Raptors game we should be able to win by 15 plus. That's what I was talking about in my usual vague fashion.

#17 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

^^^^seriously???
That was last year, you just said it yourself!!! SMH!

#18 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

So now it's not good enough to beat teams on the road, we need to blow them out too? Ridiculous.

The general attitude on this message board after we lose a game is "a loss is a loss" (no such thing as a moral victory). If that's the case, then a WIN is a WIN regardless of the competition, our effort, or the number of points that we won by. There cannot be a double standard.

A 1 point win against Toronto holds as much value as a 20 point win over the Heat. A win is a win.

#19 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

We have to keep winning..especially against the bottom feeders...We should be able to pick up a lot of wins with the teams coming up and Zbo's pending return

YO

#20 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

Who do we have to watch this game? Calderon, Derozan, Barbara? Marc can have his way with anybody tomorrow and so can Rudy. TA will limit Derozan. Calderon doesn't play much D. Im expecting a lot of deflections off passes. We dominate the East and the below 500 teams anyway. I trust us to win pretty handily.

Also, playing the East, teams don't scout well against us or somethin. Cross court passes, steals from the weakside defender. Philly, Atlanta, Knicks all fell victim to our pace, and it was the same last year. The teams that can hurt us are the ones that can run great half court sets. Like Boston destroyed our 2-3 zone which have been very valuable for us to get stops.