Grizz Path To The Playoffs (Updated 04/26/12)

718 replies to this topic

#21 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

View Postfanboyslim, on 24 February 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

As long as all three division winners and us make it into the top 4 we'd have homecourt advantage in the first round, I think

The way I understood the new rules it works like this.

The Grizzlies only need to be one of the top 4 records in the conference to have home court advantage in the first round. However seeds are determined by the division winners and the next best record in the conference.

As an example, if San Antonio wins the Southwest division but finished with the 5th best record in the conference the Spurs would be the 4th seed but the 5th seed (the team with the better record) would have home court advantage in the 1st round.

#22 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

home court advantage doesnt mean 2 ****s in the NBA. All that matters is being number 1. Not happening this season. But we have to stay competitive. Fight hard for that #2 seed and all is well. Just want to play an inferior opponent round 1 so we have a decent shot at round2. then enjoy being swept by the OKC at their home and ours - DOES NOT MATTER. They could play in Puerto Rico.

Posted Image

#23 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

View Posthmangrizfan, on 22 February 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Is that the chick who went all ballistic on the Grizz last year after every loss, talked all bad about the players and team and then apologized the next day? I can't remember her name. Haven't been here all year.
I remember a "grizzgal" last year who would torch the Grizz sometimes

#24 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 22 February 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I think we have a way easier schedule compared to Denver and Houston.
I hope so, especially Houston. I have grown to "not like" OKC a lot but it is because they are so good and I believe they get special prima donna treatment by the media and thus the refs at times.

But I just simply cannot stand Houston. They are flopping punks who I really hope have a brutal second half schedule.

I dont like OKC, but I can respect the fact that they are really really good, better than last year unfortunately,BUT Houston----flopping punks. I hope they lose every game they play.

Can you tell that I dont like Houston?? Well I really dont.

#25 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 24 February 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

I hope so, especially Houston. I have grown to "not like" OKC a lot but it is because they are so good and I believe they get special prima donna treatment by the media and thus the refs at times.

But I just simply cannot stand Houston. They are flopping punks who I really hope have a brutal second half schedule.

I dont like OKC, but I can respect the fact that they are really really good, better than last year unfortunately,BUT Houston----flopping punks. I hope they lose every game they play.

How about Lowry grabbing his face and falling to the ground when MC11 barely (if at all) grazed him.

#26 Rev. Banshee

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 24 February 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Isn't OKC just as bad with the flopping?

#27 clreed87

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:TCU, Grizzies, Tigers

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

New Grizz podcast is up. We talk about how the players have performed the first half of the year, our favorite moments so far this season, and the road to the playoffs and just how far with think the Grizz can go. No reason we cant be in the top half of the conference if Zach is doing as well as it sounds like.

http://www.deepfried...ar-break-recap/

#28 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostRev. Banshee, on 25 February 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Nooo-o-o
Posted Image

#29 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

I hate OKC but I rather face the Spurs they think they have our number(Spurs)Just because they beat us 3-0 this season.On the other hand Westbrick on Mike Conley really worries me since we don't a have backup pg.

#30 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Watching Houston play at home against the Raptors and it is confirmed. I really cant stand Houston. I like McHale. I really like McHale but the Houston players are just.......punks, thats all I can think to say about them.

They play at home tonight and at Utah next game then back in Houston to play Denver and the Clippers.

Then they go on a 5 game east coast road trip that ends in OKC. I really want to get ahead of them and stay ahead of them. For some reason they just worry me. I think they will be a thorn in our side all the way to the end.

#31 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostRev. Banshee, on 25 February 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

no doubt Harden is a master flopper, but as I said, I can at least admit that OKC is a really good team, They really dont need to flop. They can beat anyone without doing it.

But Houston, they are just punks.

#32 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

Minnesota beat Clippers last night in LA. They are a definite contender to make the play-offs.

Since Pekovic started playing for them next to K-Love, and with Rubio getting more experience they are playing very good basketball. Pekovic is much better than Darko.

#33 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

View PostEl Lobo, on 29 February 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

Minnesota beat Clippers last night in LA. They are a definite contender to make the play-offs.

Since Pekovic started playing for them next to K-Love, and with Rubio getting more experience they are playing very good basketball. Pekovic is much better than Darko.
woke up this morning and that score surprised me. Rick Adelman is a helluva coach no two ways about it.

We have beaten Minny twice this year, once with KLove and once without. We next play them on Mar 27 in Memphis. If Zach is back and shaking off the rust by then, I like our chances against them. The past two years that I have been really watching it close, it seems that Zbo gets the best of KLove most times they go up against each other. KLove has brought the 3 pointer into his arsenal, but I say Zach can more than hold his own against one of the darlings of the NBA.

#34 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 29 February 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

woke up this morning and that score surprised me. Rick Adelman is a helluva coach no two ways about it.

We have beaten Minny twice this year, once with KLove and once without. We next play them on Mar 27 in Memphis. If Zach is back and shaking off the rust by then, I like our chances against them. The past two years that I have been really watching it close, it seems that Zbo gets the best of KLove most times they go up against each other. KLove has brought the 3 pointer into his arsenal, but I say Zach can more than hold his own against one of the darlings of the NBA.

Same thing with Blake Griffin.

#35 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

View Postcostarica2, on 29 February 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Same thing with Blake Griffin.
I completely agree. When I hear Charles Barkely and Shaq go back and forth about the best power forward in the game and all they can talk about is KLove and BGriff, it makes me sick, because as of the last few times Zach faced both of them, I would say he owned KLove and he was better than Blake Griffin. But we all know Zach plays for Memphis and right now he doesnt even play so we cant expect them to mention him until he gets back, shakes the rust off and starts to dominate with his fresh legs and body

#36 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Right now Zach is out of sight, out of mind.

After the playoffs, people were saying Zach was a top 3 PF who was now in the right situation. Also, at the end of the playoffs there was a guy named Dirk who was considered the top PF in the game.

#37 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

Tomorrow (Thursday, 3/1) would be a perfect night if:

Suns beat T'Wolves
Kings beat Clippers
Heat and Thunder knock off OKC and Trailblazers...

Too much to ask????

#38 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostGrizzled Vet, on 29 February 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

Tomorrow (Thursday, 3/1) would be a perfect night if:

Suns beat T'Wolves
Kings beat Clippers
Heat and Thunder knock off OKC and Trailblazers...

Too much to ask????
Probably :P

#39 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Huge win tonight brings us within 1/2 game of Mavs and Rockets as well since they lost.

#40 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Blazers and T'Wolves also lost last night. Which, imo is good!

We cannot lose the tie breaker over the Nuggets who beat the Blazers, and we have already lost to the Blazers once and have 1 more game at their house and only one against them at home. And the further we separate ourself from the T'wolves, the better. They worry me, almost as much as Houston.