19-15

Mavericks

21-14

Date & Time: Wednesday, February 29, 7:00 pm CST
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP/LPBB/LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP/GT
Promotions: Kroger Cares Game

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Dante Cunningham Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Zach Randolph Josh Selby Sam Young
Mavericks Rodrigue Beaubois Brian Cardinal Dominique Jones Ian Mahinmi Lamar Odom Jason Terry Delonte West Sean Williams Brandan Wright Yi Jianlian

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 SK_PauWER20

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

next 2 games a must win

#3 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Will Zach be back for this one??

#4 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

ugggg Longest week ever!

#5 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Will there be an All Star game thread since Marc's playing?

#6 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

View Postnotnilc20, on 21 February 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

#7 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,894 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postnotnilc20, on 21 February 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

Zach hasn't been cleared for contact drills yet. There are no practices allowed during All-Star week so it won't be until Monday PM at the earliest before he can practice with the team. There almost no chance he will be ready to go on for the Dallas game.

#8 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

They say March 7 vs the Warrior most likely but who knows.

Anyways to me this is one of the BIGGEST games of the season even if we lose we have to play well and set the tempo for the second half of the season.

Not a must win but a must play well game.

#9 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

This game will be crazy..We owned them last year...I hope we can continue that...

YO

#10 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I hope I'm wrong, but the last few years, the Grizzlies have laid turds after coming off All-Star breaks.

Hopefully this year it is the Mavs that do that.

#11 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,137 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

This game is big for a reason no one has brought up yet. Currently, the Grizzlies are two games behind the Mavericks for the fourth seed in the West. We are the second night of a back to back for the Mavs (first night is in Dallas against the Nets), so if we can win this game, it will pull us no worse that 1.5 games (if Dallas beats the Nets) and possibly half a game (if they should lose to the Nets) behind them.

In a typical NBA season, the last 32 games are typically viewed as the home stretch for getting playoff position. Well, ladies and gentlemen, we are at the last 32 games. Now is the time for the Grizzlies to step up and lay claim to being one of the best teams in the NBA. I called this one 95 - 92 Grizzlies. Last night, Lakers beat the Mavs 96 - 91. I'm sure we can do what they did.

#12 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

Man this week will take forever. I look forward to a Grizz game everyday after classes.

Anyways, In order to win this game, Rudy must not allow Marion to lock him up like Iggy did. Every shot Rudy went up with, Iggy swiped it. Mayo has to at least match Terry's scoring. Mike should be able to drive pass Kidd and find Marc open with wrap around passes. On the other hand, who will be guarding Dirk? Rudy will get posted up and Speights will be taken off the dribble. Cunningham isn't capable either.

Brings back good memories from last year. Z-Bo hitting the game winning shot with less than a second on the clock. I remember wanting to play these guys in the first round of the playoffs too. Mavericks would not have been NBA champs if we faced them in the first round. :P

#13 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostWells, on 23 February 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

This game is big for a reason no one has brought up yet. Currently, the Grizzlies are two games behind the Mavericks for the fourth seed in the West. We are the second night of a back to back for the Mavs (first night is in Dallas against the Nets), so if we can win this game, it will pull us no worse that 1.5 games (if Dallas beats the Nets) and possibly half a game (if they should lose to the Nets) behind them.

In a typical NBA season, the last 32 games are typically viewed as the home stretch for getting playoff position. Well, ladies and gentlemen, we are at the last 32 games. Now is the time for the Grizzlies to step up and lay claim to being one of the best teams in the NBA. I called this one 95 - 92 Grizzlies. Last night, Lakers beat the Mavs 96 - 91. I'm sure we can do what they did.

In the 11 game tread I picked the Mavs to win. I like your call better. Grizz WIN!

#14 catalina2013

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

I think I originally picked the Mavs also. Anyhow, we got this one. Grizz 95 Mavs 91

#15 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

This week seems like an eternity.

#16 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

View Postchipc3, on 22 February 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Zach hasn't been cleared for contact drills yet. There are no practices allowed during All-Star week so it won't be until Monday PM at the earliest before he can practice with the team. There almost no chance he will be ready to go on for the Dallas game.
I think you are most likely right. Ron Ron Tillery was on the radio Thursday or Friday morning and was discussing Zach and he felt it was possible we could see Zbo against the Mavs. Dave Wiloshin said he had heard from some contacts (he said it wasnt anything official from the Grizz) that Zach COULD play some vs Dallas.

But Chip, I know that you know people with the team as well and if you havent heard anything, it may not be until Mar 7 at GSW. I really hope he could get a couple mins against DAL, TOR or DET. Any mins he can get in and shake the rust off would be beneficial.

#17 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'm surprised everyone seems to think this game is in the bag.

#18 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

View Postsublimaflauge, on 25 February 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

I'm surprised everyone seems to think this game is in the bag.
I certainly dont. As a matter of fact, I think I picked Dallas to win this game in the Pick Eleven. Dirk plus JET, Kidd behind the 3 point line and Mahimi (sp?), Haywood and Wright down low just seem to be too much for the Grizz without Zach in midseason form.

I really really really hope I am wrong. But no way do I think this one is in the bag.

#19 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

I think Marion is our biggest problem Rudy has to find a way to score and Marion is GREAT a defender and Rudy goes to sleep mode vs good defenders.

#20 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,894 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

View Postcostarica2, on 27 February 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

I think Marion is our biggest problem Rudy has to find a way to score and Marion is GREAT a defender and Rudy goes to sleep mode vs good defenders.

I think that attitude is just plain silly. Rudy is scoring great this season within the Grizzlies system. Rudy is 11th in the league in scoring after all. He's also 5th in minutes played which means he gets tired. In the last few games Rudy has taken over down the stretch and been a huge reason the Grizzlies won some of those games including a monster performance down the stretch against possibly the best defensive SF in the league in Andre Iquodala.