10-9

Spurs

12-9

Date & Time: Monday, January 30, 7:00 pm CST
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP/LPBB/LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP/GT
Promotions: None

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Dante Cunningham Josh Davis Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Zach Randolph Josh Selby Sam Young

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:49 AM

We r a better team at home...that's proven...I don't know what grizz team will show up tho

YO

#3 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:59 AM

Grizz will win this game. I said it first.

#4 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

the refs will give Manu, Duncan, and Parker and crap ton of BS calls. We will have to be on fire to win.

#5 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

Wait to see a different Grizzlies out there.

#6 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

We are not a decent road team as of yet (I think this applies to the West conference in general), We need all our home wins right now. I wish we could get homecourt in the playoffs too but it starts with consistency.

#7 T.O.

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

We've only beat 1 good team all year. We have to start beating playoff teams like the Spurs to prove we belong in the playoffs. Otherwise we might as well tank for Anthony Davis or Jeremy Lamb.

#8 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

I don't hate ROAD games I just hate the West coast road games specially since I have the east time sleeping at 1;00am after a loss is a killer.

#9 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postcostarica2, on 29 January 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

I don't hate ROAD games I just hate the West coast road games specially since I have the east time sleeping at 1;00am after a loss is a killer.

Yeah I know I slept 3 am yesterday. I wake up if a different attitude thean when I sleep. We should let things in the past...don't forget about it, but bring a new attitude and we will be fine. I think the guys will step up.

#10 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

I don't know why we keep losing to teams on the second night of back-to-backs, even on the road. Hope it doesn't happen four times straight. Almost a third of the season is over and we are sitting with a mediocre record.

#11 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 29 January 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I don't know why we keep losing to teams on the second night of back-to-backs, even on the road. Hope it doesn't happen four times straight. Almost a third of the season is over and we are sitting with a mediocre record.
I just got on to post the exact same thing when I saw SA is going to play DAL tonight on ESPN.

We played Portland and it was the 2nd game of Portland's back to back to back--they lost at GSW the next night but they whipped us.

We played the Clippers after they had just gotten beat by the Lakers the night before.

We played the Suns after they got spanked by Portland by 39 and then they traveled home.

All 3 of these teams had more energy than we did starting out. We dug ourselves big holes in all 3 games (all 4 if you count GSW but we came back and won that one).

Last year we had an amazing record against teams playing on the 2nd night of a back to back, but this year we just dont seem to have the energy. Its like several have posted on here: I can accept losing a game if we leave it all on the court and we just get beat, but some of these games we have looked like we were just sleepwalking. Last night we looked like we thought we just had to show up and beat the lowly Suns and all we wanted to do is go home. It was really disheartening.

#12 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

I don't see how we have a mediocre record....maybe if we were fully healthy and we had the same record, it would be considered underachieving.

In that case, several of the West current playoff teams have mediocre records being that most have 8 losses. Our division leader is 12-8 (Rockets).

#13 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostGrizzliesIQYO, on 29 January 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

We r a better team at home...that's proven...I don't know what grizz team will show up tho

YO
Just looking at the schedule, as we all know, we have a back to back at home then 3 on the road.

But after that, 10 out of the next 13 are at home. We have got to win just about all of those. I know it seems like a tall order, but with the way we lay eggs on the road with zero urgency, we are going to have to be almost like a college team and win all our home games.

We have SAS and DEN tomorrow and Tuesday night. Those are 2 of the best teams in the league and IMHO we need to win both of them. We go to ATL, OKC and BOS and for all we know, that will be an 0-fer road trip. So when we have 10 of 13 at home we will need to run off 5 or 6 wins in a row or something to that effect if we want to remain relevant.

Just watching and listening to national NBA pundits, one thing is consistent. Nobody is really even cares what we are doing right now. We arent relevant. We have opportunities and we lay eggs. So we need to start with beating the Spurs and Nuggets back to back and go from there.

#14 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

SAS is losing to Dallas tonight so tomorrow they'll be mad and tougher to beat, but it works the otherway too because tonight's game makes them too tired for tomorow against Grizz.
If Dunkin is stopped Grizz will win as long as Ginobili is out but if he returns then Grizz must have Zach back to beat them.
86-80 Grizzlies

#15 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Good that they went into overtime. I was hoping that they would go into double overtime and that SA would pull it out so that they would come into Memphis tomorrow night tired and content. Oh well...guess I have to settle for just tired. LOL.

#16 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postnew_skool91, on 29 January 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Good that they went into overtime. I was hoping that they would go into double overtime and that SA would pull it out so that they would come into Memphis tomorrow night tired and content. Oh well...guess I have to settle for just tired. LOL.
Pops sat Duncan, Parker, Jefferson, Blair from late in the 3rd qtr throughout the rest of regulation and OT. He brought in Kawai Leonard in right at the very end. So those guys did not play many 2nd half minutes at all. The starting 5 wont be tired like you would expect.

And SA almost pulled it out. Pops is crazy like a fox. Man, we really really really need to get a win tomorrow night.

#17 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, the Spurs thought they had the win on a buzzer beater at the end of regulation that turned out to be just late. And that was AFTER they rallied from 16 or 17 down.

They're going to be physically and emotionally drained tomorrow. I'd almost be shocked to see the Grizzlies lose.

#18 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

will Oj mayo start this game ? we are now officially 2 losses away from it happening. if we go sub.500. Even Hollins can't stop it from happening

Go grizz.

#19 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

Tank for Anthony Davis

#20 clreed87

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:TCU, Grizzies, Tigers

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

Our new podcast is up here:

http://www.deepfried...est-coast-trip/

We talked about the West Coast trip last week and tried to put the losses in perspective. Also talked about wat a rough week we have ahead of us this week. It would be huge if we could get a couple of wins out of this week.

You can also grab the podcast on iTunes:

http://phobos.apple....st?id=483986419