349 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Dante Cunningham Josh Davis Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Zach Randolph Josh Selby Sam Young
Warriors Earl Barron Kwame Brown Charles Jenkins Dominic McGuire Nate Robinson Brandon Rush Klay Thompson Ekpe Udoh Chris Wright

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

I hate the West coast games this game starts at 10:30 EST and I have to be at work by 5:00 Am.

#3 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

Put Tony on Ellis and Marc should be unstoppable. Keep this great 3pt shooting up and we got this one......hopefully. I like this feeling when the Grizzlies win.....let's go for another....GO GRIZZLIES!!

#4 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

Biedrins has been a huge disappointment this season, but David Lee is another story. Statistically, he's the 4th best PF in the West behind KLove, Aldridge and Griffin. And as always, their high-scoring backcourt of Ellis and Curry. Will be the biggest test for the team since we faced the Bulls.

#5 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

I really hope we win this... NO matter if I fail in the pick eleven take two... let's keep rollin.

#6 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 21 January 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Biedrins has been a huge disappointment this season, but David Lee is another story. Statistically, he's the 4th best PF in the West behind KLove, Aldridge and Griffin. And as always, their high-scoring backcourt of Ellis and Curry. Will be the biggest test for the team since we faced the Bulls.

No doubt....... Ellis and Curry will need to be neutralized as much as possible. This game and Phoenix are our best chance for wins on this Western road trip.

#7 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 21 January 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

I really think this game is key if we want to have a chance of going 2-2 on this road trip. I know that sounds like stating the obvious, but I think GS and Phoenix represent the best chances for wins of the 4 games.

Portland will be tough to beat in the Rose Garden and without Zach and I dont know what to think about the Clippers. Minny just beat them at Staples but who knows how they will play against us. So we just need to keep our heads down and keep diggin at Golden State and find a way to win.

#8 grizzfan12

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

We will need Tony to do his best and shut down Ellis. Gasol should have a huge game but whoever has to guard David Lee needs to be physical with him. Mike and Curry is a good matchup but we really need to play defense, limit the three, and Rudy needs to explode.

#9 grizzfan8390

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,622 posts
  • Interests:My music, I have an album out on iTunes for all the country fans out there!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

Attack, attack, attack the basket. If their bigs get into foul trouble, then we should be good. Contain Ellis and shut down Lee. And while you're at it, kick Curry in his ankle, Tony! One less scorer to worry about...

#10 LilFrontOffice

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Can't call this a surefire win, but it will be interesting.

#11 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

With the momentum we've got right now, and the fact that GS is still mediocre at best, I see us winning in a semi-blowout. The 3 ball is really all the Warriors have. As long as we defend it well, or match their 3s with our own, we'll be fine.

Grizz by 15.

#12 lil'tony wroten

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

this one feels like a heatcheck nailbiter that comes down to free throws for the winner, going to take a xannax for this one

#13 Gone Fishing

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

View Postlilrudygay, on 22 January 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Can't call this a surefire win, but it will be interesting.

OJ is going to be the "key factor" in this game. He has to get off on another good start and hopefully his confidence will continue to soar.

SAS.

#14 lil'tony wroten

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostStephen A Smith, on 22 January 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

OJ is going to be the "key factor" in this game. He has to get off on another good start and hopefully his confidence will continue to soar.

SAS.

i think marc having an off night will affect us more than oj

and free throw shooting

#15 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

View Posttony balogna, on 22 January 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

this one feels like a heatcheck nailbiter that comes down to free throws for the winner, going to take a xannax for this one

Heh! Don't have a heart attack mane!

#16 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,846 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

This is a lot tougher ten game stretch.. Lets see if what we have done against bad teams translates against good teams...

YO

#17 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostGTG, on 22 January 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

With the momentum we've got right now, and the fact that GS is still mediocre at best, I see us winning in a semi-blowout. The 3 ball is really all the Warriors have. As long as we defend it well, or match their 3s with our own, we'll be fine.

Grizz by 15.
GS can be very dangerous. They are probably one of the only teams in the West to beat both Miami and Chicago. I'd say don't get your hopes up.

#18 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostGTG, on 22 January 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Grizz by 15.

This is a true test for you. If you don't overreact if we lose, we'll all know this isn't the real GTG!

#19 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 22 January 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

GS can be very dangerous...
Very true. As long as we don't let our guard down (no pun intended) we should win. Any lapse on the court could spell trouble though.
Grizz by 5.

#20 New_Sacred_Cow

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:balencesto.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Thank god for this trip, I have 6-9 classes Monday through Thursday, I'll get home in time to watch the games =)