Jump to content


Grizzlies vs Kings - 01/21/2012


244 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

    Hall of Famer

  • Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germantown, TN, USA

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Dante Cunningham Josh Davis Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Zach Randolph Josh Selby Sam Young
Kings Jimmer Fredette Donte Greene Chuck Hayes J.J. Hickson Tyler Honeycutt Travis Outlaw John Salmons Isaiah Thomas Hassan Whiteside

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo



#2 Granttis

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Rallyyyy flaaaaags

#3 Wells

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,854 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

Sacramento giving San Antonio everything they want at San Antonio.

#4 southbluffsgrizzfan

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Downtown Memphis

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

Kings win, Kings win, Kings win----in San Antonio that is. Tomorrow is not going to be a push over like the first Sactown game was.

Hopefully they expended a ton of energy and will be flat. We will be tired as well. But surely they arent going to beat SA followed by us on the road back to back. Cousins was a vacuum cleaner on the glass tonight

#5 KoufosSnozz

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 20 January 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Kings win, Kings win, Kings win----in San Antonio that is. Tomorrow is not going to be a push over like the first Sactown game was.

Hopefully they expended a ton of energy and will be flat. We will be tired as well. But surely they arent going to beat SA followed by us on the road back to back. Cousins was a vacuum cleaner on the glass tonight
Now we just have to win twice to match San Antonio's record. We are streaking right now at 5, tied with our division rivals Houston with the league's longest current win streak. Saw them play the other day against the Hornets and Dalembert and that Parsons guy have been a godsend to them.

#6 notnilc20

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southaven

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

They beat San Antonio tonight......seems they may have gel'd since we played them last. If we get a big lead I just want our guys to maintain that lead for once. This won't be easy but we should win this game. DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!! Let's go for six in a row!!! GO GRIZZ

#7 GrizzliesIQYO

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,788 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grind House- Lower Bowl

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

Keep the streak alive! Play good D...and we should win ...we should beat the kings and warriors going into Portland 10-6 for an battle then the clips on national tv

#8 ItIsWhatItIs

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The WarWagon!!!!!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

that division is right there for anyone to take. If the Grizzlies want to take that top 4 seed than they need to win games like this which aren't easy but ones that you should take care of business against

#9 Xerion

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Czech Republic
  • Interests:Sports, women, agriculture, photography, computers

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

Are we wearing the YELLOW TAMS jerseys tonight? :lol:

#10 N I

    Mayoneso

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,369 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Donostia

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

It's a good thing they won yesterday, young teams usually put a subpar effort after a big win, specially in a back to back. Let's hope they do -not that we should need it to win, but help is always welcome.

#11 GrizzedByBluffCity

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aquidneck Island
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostXerion, on 21 January 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

Are we wearing the YELLOW TAMS jerseys tonight? :lol:


#12 southbluffsgrizzfan

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Downtown Memphis

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 20 January 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

Now we just have to win twice to match San Antonio's record. We are streaking right now at 5, tied with our division rivals Houston with the league's longest current win streak. Saw them play the other day against the Hornets and Dalembert and that Parsons guy have been a godsend to them.
In the Banana Appeal this morning, Ron Ron said that we did have 1 five game winning streak last year but that was the longest.

SacTown won in SA last night. That helped us out in the division AND I think the odds of Sac beating SA and us back to back on the road are not great. So therefore, if we can take care of bidness tonight and go to 9-6, we will head to the West coast riding a 6 game winning streak and our first game is at Golden State.

Road trip is:
GSW
POR
LAC
PHO

If we can win tonight and at GSW, that would be a 7 game winning streak and if we win just 1 more on the road trip, we could come back 11-8. I would have to consider that a very successful road trip considering all that we are adjusting, tweaking and all that we are missing. GSW is 5-10 overall and 3-5 on their home court.

Portland is just a tough team, I dont expect to win at Portland without Zach. The Clips....well.....who knows? Will CP3 be playing? But hey, chalk that up as a loss on the road. Lastly there is Phoenix. We should be able to beat Phoenix no matter where we play them.

Just a my take on the Griz situation as it stands right now. Very proud of them. Very proud.

****Calling Jeremy Pargo...calling Jeremy Pargo...we need you man, Mike C cant do it all the time and Selby is still learning. Come on Pargo, get it together.

#13 MemphisJayhawk

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

We need this game tonight at FEF! Six game winning streak and would put is in the middle of the pack in Western Conference playoff race. I love what I am seeing lately. Not gonna worry about Zbo because right now team is playing great team ball and we will worry about assimilating him when he comes back. Grittin and grindin all over the place lately. Good solid win last night. Team played very professionally last night, thwarted runs and put the hammer down at the end, loved it!

#14 costarica2

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,523 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:miami
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

I wonder if Mike Conley is gonna last he is playing alot of minutes specially for a speed/quick PG like him.

#15 LilFrontOffice

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Round Rock,TX

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 21 January 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

In the Banana Appeal this morning, Ron Ron said that we did have 1 five game winning streak last year but that was the longest. SacTown won in SA last night. That helped us out in the division AND I think the odds of Sac beating SA and us back to back on the road are not great. So therefore, if we can take care of bidness tonight and go to 9-6, we will head to the West coast riding a 6 game winning streak and our first game is at Golden State. Road trip is: GSW POR LAC PHO If we can win tonight and at GSW, that would be a 7 game winning streak and if we win just 1 more on the road trip, we could come back 11-8. I would have to consider that a very successful road trip considering all that we are adjusting, tweaking and all that we are missing. GSW is 5-10 overall and 3-5 on their home court. Portland is just a tough team, I dont expect to win at Portland without Zach. The Clips....well.....who knows? Will CP3 be playing? But hey, chalk that up as a loss on the road. Lastly there is Phoenix. We should be able to beat Phoenix no matter where we play them. Just a my take on the Griz situation as it stands right now. Very proud of them. Very proud. ****Calling Jeremy Pargo...calling Jeremy Pargo...we need you man, Mike C cant do it all the time and Selby is still learning. Come on Pargo, get it together.

I agree with all of this.

Not going to call tonights game a surefire win, but it will interesting.

#16 Identity Thief

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Blues City
  • Interests:The Ultimate Yes Man

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

I hope Conley gets a rest. Anyone know why Pargo hasnt played lately? Selby is doing a decent job (kid is going to be an all star one day) but we need the Pargo that started out with us back.

#17 Dagrizzlies12

    Rookie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

of coarse they're going to win

#18 Subliminal

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denver via Atl via Knoxville via raised in the M

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

^ Of coarse, durp :)

Let's get that franchise record tonight fellas!
6 in a row!

Edit: MUST WIN

#19 ebevan91

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hernando, MS

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

Pete Pranica's having a busy day.

He called the Tigers-SMU game today, and then tonight's game.

#20 KoufosSnozz

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Jason Thompson out of the dog house.