201 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Dante Cunningham Josh Davis Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Zach Randolph Josh Selby Sam Young
Bulls Omer Asik Jimmy Butler Taj Gibson Richard Hamilton Mike James Kyle Korver Derrick Rose Brian Scalabrine C.J. Watson

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

One word... REVENGE!!!!

Let's go GRIZZ!! Win win win!!!!

#3 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

Danger Game!

#4 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

I hope they want a revenge too.

I hope Hollins use OJ more to increase his value. If we really will trade him make a big trade. I want DW12. Use OJ and Gasol the most you could to increase their value around the league. Till the deadline I think we will offer one of the best packages to the Magic. Make it done package OJ+Gasol+1st and get DW12.

#5 T.O.

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostSimple_Like_That, on 15 January 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

I hope they want a revenge too.

I hope Hollins use OJ more to increase his value. If we really will trade him make a big trade. I want DW12. Use OJ and Gasol the most you could to increase their value around the league. Till the deadline I think we will offer one of the best packages to the Magic. Make it done package OJ+Gasol+1st and get DW12.

And then what do we do when Dwight leaves Memphis at the end of the season? We have absolutely no chance of resigning him, we'd be screwed.

#6 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

This game can either make or break our momentum... What's it gonna be, boys? Let's show the Bulls what grit and grind is really about.

#7 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

this is the best team we wil play this week...Chicago is a great team...The goal is to just fight and hope for a chance to steal it at at the end..

YO

#8 BabyDzz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

This will be the ninth game in twelve days for my hometown team, fatigue might be a factor for them, the grizzlies have to attack. Then again they do have a player whom is looking like he wants his second mvp title, and hes a much better shooter than last season.

#9 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Calling Derrick Rose an MVP really doesn't have the prestige of past winners considering he was the worst one of all-time

#10 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

We have zero wins against good teams (I'm not counting the Knicks as a good team yet). We need to beat the best to be the best.

#11 GrizzaretheBizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

ThunderThighs promises a spaghetti dinner at her house if we win by 10

#12 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostSimple_Like_That, on 15 January 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

No offense, but that's one of the dumbest trade proposals I've heard in awhile. We have Marc locked into a brand new, multi-year deal. If we trade him, we'd have Howard for only a fraction of a lockout shortened season. There'd be NO chance he would even consider resigning with us. Then what? We make Josh Davis our starting center?

Moving Mayo would be a good idea, but NOT Marc. And especially for Howard. Besides, we already have the pieces to an elite team, so there's no reason whatsoever to dramatically shake things up. The only thing we need to do is get a few minor trades (OJ) done, and avoid the injury bug.

#13 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

I hope Hamed is back for this one because josh Davis sucks.

#14 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

We could REALLY use Haddadi this game. Still, though, if OJ goes ahead and goes for 30 like we need him to (Korver plays no defense), then we should be good.

We can start Tony on D. Rose and switch Conley to Brewer who is less of a threat to score, even though he has been doing better lately.

Rudy will hold his own vs. Deng. Marc will be OK. I'm worried about Boozer, but possibly, since he play no defense either, Speights may be able to get off against him.

It will be an interesting game!

Let's gooooooo Griz!!

#15 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

Bulls 96 - Grizz 89, but then I could be wrong!

(P.S. With Derrick Rose in the game!)

#16 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Postnew_skool91, on 15 January 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

We could REALLY use Haddadi this game. Still, though, if OJ goes ahead and goes for 30 like we need him to (Korver plays no defense), then we should be good.

We can start Tony on D. Rose and switch Conley to Brewer who is less of a threat to score, even though he has been doing better lately.

Rudy will hold his own vs. Deng. Marc will be OK. I'm worried about Boozer, but possibly, since he play no defense either, Speights may be able to get off against him.

It will be an interesting game!

Let's gooooooo Griz!!
Man-to-man matchups will not matter in this game. The Bulls always play good halfcourt team defense and their bigs always do a good job of cleaning up mistakes committed in the perimeter. Grizz have to run early and play more aggressive defense. Give them bumps and bruises.

#17 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

This should be an entertaining game to witness in person or watch on TV.

In my pick 11 prediction I picked the Bulls to win. At this point; Bulls, OKC are the two best teams in the NBA.

Grizz will play hard and keep it close, but Bulls should win.

#18 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

We could definitely turn some heads by taking this one today. However, being realistic, the Bulls just play such tough D that it will be hard for Rudy to get off.

The two best games he has had have been against the Kings and the Knicks. Both of those teams are not interested in playing defense. The Bulls on the other hand contest everything.

My hope would be for Rudy to not get frustrated and try to go all Kobe/MJ and lose the ball. We need to play strong aggressive D and let our offense come from that.

It would really be nice to go 5-10 from behind the arc like we did against NOLA. It just seems to uplift the team when OJ, Rudy or Mike can drain a 3 from time to time. Maybe JDavis can get the shot rolling from behind the line. He seems to think he can hit that shot with regularity. Maybe today he will. LOL

I hope the crowd will be at near playoff intensity, although the noon tip time will put a damper on that--at least at first.

#19 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,264 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostHesam, on 15 January 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Bulls 96 - Grizz 89, but then I could be wrong!

My prediction was 94-87 Grizz over the Bulls - and I can't be wrong! ^_^

Hey look at the Bulls last 3 games and tell me they aren't in for a surprise this time they face the Grizz. Look at those terrible games.

#20 Xerion

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Sports, women, agriculture, photography, computers

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

The game starts at 7.00 PM in Czech Republic wow! Flat house will be soooooooo loud!!