Brad Beal..
We need this guy right now...

#42 jeff416

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

What about Will Barton? I would rather have him than Beal. He isn't as good of a 3pt shooter as Beal is, but he is equal or better at pretty much every other aspect of the game. He also is a lot taller than Beal is. He would be a nice Mayo relacement and would provide nice scoring and rebounding off the bench.

#43 Coubs

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Barton is the best shooting guard prospect in the draft. I'd take him over anybody else in the draft except UK's freshmen, Drummond and Perry Jones. Weak *** draft this year.

#44 masr

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostMemphisX, on 03 January 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Keep freaking out peeps. Might as well take it to the next level.

Currently the Grizz and Bobcats would split the lottery slots in the 3rd and 4th position. Anthony Davis? Perry Jones? Andre Drummond? Thomas Robinson? Michael Kidd-Gilchrist? Bradley Beal?

Posted Image
lets worry about this when draft time comes- not when we are this early in the season

#45 T.O.

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostCoubs, on 18 January 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Barton is the best shooting guard prospect in the draft. I'd take him over anybody else in the draft except UK's freshmen, Drummond and Perry Jones. Weak *** draft this year.

This is an incredibly deep draft. You must be misinformed.

#46 SC Grizz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Will Barton is a huge ball-hog and will not have an long NBA career. He is a great hustle player at the college level, but constantly looks for his own shot (which is shaky at best). I have a ton of love for the Tigers, but Will Barton is in no way a dude we should be targetting - with any pick.

#47 Coubs

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

When Jeff Taylor, Arnette Moultrie, Festus Ezeli and Adonis Thomas are projected 1st-rounders, it's a weak draft. When Harrison Barnes, Sullinger and Terrence Jones are projected as lottery picks, it's a weak *** draft. Barton should go ahead of all those guys. He's a cross between Stephen Jackson and Latrell Sprewell. He's better than Evan Turner was in his sophomore year.

#48 T.O.

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostCoubs, on 18 January 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

When Jeff Taylor, Arnette Moultrie, Festus Ezeli and Adonis Thomas are projected 1st-rounders, it's a weak draft. When Harrison Barnes, Sullinger and Terrence Jones are projected as lottery picks, it's a weak *** draft. Barton should go ahead of all those guys. He's a cross between Stephen Jackson and Latrell Sprewell. He's better than Evan Turner was in his sophomore year.

http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Adonis isn't projected to be picked at all according to this mock, nor is Will Barton. Festus and Taylor are projected as 2nd round picks. Again, you must be misinformed.

#49 jeff416

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

View PostT.O., on 18 January 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Adonis isn't projected to be picked at all according to this mock, nor is Will Barton. Festus and Taylor are projected as 2nd round picks. Again, you must be misinformed.
That's because Adonis is projected top 10 in 2013. And who cares where there projected right now anyway? They mean nothing right now and are just one guys opinion. The mock drafts will change a lot when the season is over.

#50 zacgrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

If anyone thinks this is a weak draft, you clearly don't pay attention or just are in denial. This is one of the deepest draft classes I can remember in a long time.

#51 lil'tony wroten

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

maybe this guy at sg, i havent seen any Washington games but has an interesting profile on nbadraft, projected to go at 20, superstar ceiling compared to tyreke evans, not a ball hog or chucker though

Tony Wroten http://nbadraft.net/...ers/tony-wroten

#52 DTW

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

We need to take a look at Dion Waiters as well. That kid can flat out play. NBA ready body, speed, nice stroke, and he can play both PG and SG to the fullest!

#53 grizzly grit

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

1st round: Renardo Sidney, 6'10", 300 lbs, PF/C

2nd round: Reggie Johnson, 6'10". 285 lbs, C

#54 Jake Tsakalidis

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

I want a back up 3

#55 grizzly grit

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

No more useless high picks please.

1st round: Renardo Sidney, 6'10", 300 lbs, PF/C

2nd round: Reggie Johnson, 6'10". 285 lbs, C

#56 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

need a real 2 guard, Tony Allen and Mayo is an awful backcourt rotation. Probably should take Lamb if he falls that far or Terrance Ross with our lottery pick

#57 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Remember the name Royce White.

#58 gamecocks11

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

royce white is a man-child

#59 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

I can't believe someone said Will Barton is the best SG prospect in the draft. Lol

I would love to get Beal somehow, but I don't see us trading up into the top 5. Jeremy Lamb is nice, but he looks very inconsistent on the defensive end. Lacks energy, and I don't think we need another player like that on the team.

Royce White is the type of guy that would fall right into our hands. Teams will over evaluate his troubled past, anxiety disorder, conditioning, etc. and think it won't be a good transition to the league. I expect him to fall like DeAndre Jordan, Blair, Arthur, etc. did, but he will turn out to be a beast. Would love to add him to the squad.

#60 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostBHZMAFIA, on 27 March 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

I can't believe someone said Will Barton is the best SG prospect in the draft. Lol

I would love to get Beal somehow, but I don't see us trading up into the top 5. Jeremy Lamb is nice, but he looks very inconsistent on the defensive end. Lacks energy, and I don't think we need another player like that on the team.

Royce White is the type of guy that would fall right into our hands. Teams will over evaluate his troubled past, anxiety disorder, conditioning, etc. and think it won't be a good transition to the league. I expect him to fall like DeAndre Jordan, Blair, Arthur, etc. did, but he will turn out to be a beast. Would love to add him to the squad.
Agreed, I just looked at Espn and Draftexpress mocks and they both have Arnette Moultrie falling past us! He has the potential to be everything Rashard Lewis should have been.

Some other names that intrigue me are Dion Waiters, Terrence Ross, Tony Wroten and Patrick Young.