#21 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (zacgrizz @ Dec 31 2011, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He can't play tomorrow. I don't know when he officially can. Supposedly he will have to go to Canada like Marc did in order to get his work visa completely cleared up. I think right now all he has is a tourism visa. I don't think he can officially practice with the Grizzlies as a team but he has been working with the coaches so he should be good to go as soon as all that's cleared up.

I have heard this in several forums. What does Canada have to do with getting a visa to USA?? Im confused.

#22 TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (myNAMEisOFFENSIVE @ Dec 31 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have heard this in several forums. What does Canada have to do with getting a visa to USA?? Im confused.

If it's anything like Canada's rules, some visas can only be applied for from outside the country.

#23 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (TimBC @ Jan 1 2012, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it's anything like Canada's rules, some visas can only be applied for from outside the country.

I'm still confused. He was "outside the country" in Dubai or whatever. What does Canada have to do with HH and Marc getting into USA?

#24 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,137 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (myNAMEisOFFENSIVE @ Dec 31 2011, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A foreign individual cannot apply for a work visa while inside the United States. They must apply for the work visa at an United States consulate outside the country, and be able to show proof that they have a job awaiting them upon entry being granted. Canada is the closest country that also allows simple tourist entry, making it simpler to go there to do the paperwork. The INS has some very tangled regulations. Hamed had a more difficult time with his visa this year because he was a free agent. He did not have a confirmed work status, so he had to get the tourist visa first. With the lockout, the Grizzlies could not talk with him or his agent, nor assist in arranging his visa. It was simpler for Marc because he and his family have a residence here.

#25 dy_dy_dynomite

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

Dallas just got Yi Jianlian. So they will cut a guy possibly Brandon Wright and sign Kyrylo fesenko. If either one are on the board tommorow we should pick them up

#26 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Wells @ Jan 1 2012, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A foreign individual cannot apply for a work visa while inside the United States. They must apply for the work visa at an United States consulate outside the country, and be able to show proof that they have a job awaiting them upon entry being granted. Canada is the closest country that also allows simple tourist entry, making it simpler to go there to do the paperwork. The INS has some very tangled regulations. Hamed had a more difficult time with his visa this year because he was a free agent. He did not have a confirmed work status, so he had to get the tourist visa first. With the lockout, the Grizzlies could not talk with him or his agent, nor assist in arranging his visa. It was simpler for Marc because he and his family have a residence here.

\

thanks Wells... that makes more sense than anything else ive heard

#27 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (ItIsWhatItIs @ Dec 31 2011, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully this fool realizes that he has Visa issues every year and actually does something about it next year instead of stupidly waiting until the last minute

Who's the fool here?

The visa issues are created by US-immigrations not by Hamed or by Iran!
How in the heaven can Hamed know in advance what stones the US immigrations would throw in front of him the next time?!!! All he can do is to apply for re-entry visa and wait.
Just to let you know how the US immigration operates I tell you, it took me 25 years to get my permanent-residency, immigrations lost my file twice, and from the time I applied the 3rd time it took 13 years until my turn came!!!! I said YEARS not days. And they penalized me $1000 extra for delay!
And he blames Hamed for visa issue! laugh.gif

#28 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (V-Hawk @ Dec 31 2011, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can Josh Davis go now, before he hits the beer man with another 3-pointer.

laugh.gif

#29 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,284 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

wouldnt Mexico be cheaper and close than Canada?

#30 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,137 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (GrizzedBy2012 @ Jan 1 2012, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wouldnt Mexico be cheaper and close than Canada?

I think the closest U.S. consulate in Mexico is Mexico City. Toronto is a shorter trip.

#31 HH15

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

im sure going to Toronto would be difficult for him
He would have to get an invitation, then leave some sort of a bond to insure that he will leave Canada and...

Iranian passport is worthless
I havent used mine for anything other than going to Iran and also getting questioned about it at US/Canada border

#32 Grizzle Dizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

gotta love how haddadi makes so much news for a player that plays so little

#33 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

If the Grizz give Hadaddi 20 minutes game time, we will get back on track.

I'm not kidding. Just give him a chance.

#34 HH15

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

How about playing Marc and Hamed at the same time?

#35 Grizzle Dizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (El Lobo @ Jan 2 2012, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the Grizz give Hadaddi 20 minutes game time, we will get back on track.

I'm not kidding. Just give him a chance.

dude all haddadi needs is consisten 10 min games in a row and he'll be fine. this team will see how much value he'll bring. Problem is his playing has always been random and i doubt he has ever played more than 2 games in a row. Its hard to get in the flow when you play so little. Thats why people on this board say he's not good or he sucks, its cuz when he makes 1 mistake in 2 min. and then doesnt play for 5 games, people just remember the mistake rather than the good.

i dont think any NBA player has been able to put up 2-3 double doubles with so little playing time. I know he did it twice, and was very close another 2 times...thats terrific, i would like to see if someone can mention a player like that in NBA.

#36 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

Any news on this Davis sucks just like skinner and I rather have Hamed in there rather then those losers.

#37 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,284 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Rezi_rez @ Jan 2 2012, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about playing Marc and Hamed at the same time?

Denver started Mozgov and Koufos the other night against Milwaukee and they won. Hamed is better than either of those jokers. I think Marc could play the 4 actually - he's much more mobile than HH.

#38 HH15

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (GrizzedBy2012 @ Jan 3 2012, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Denver started Mozgov and Koufos the other night against Milwaukee and they won. Hamed is better than either of those jokers. I think Marc could play the 4 actually - he's much more mobile than HH.

Thats what I was thinking

I remember at some point last year, they both played at the same time (Marc at 4 and HH at 5)

#39 Grizzle Dizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

anyone know if he's ready for tonights game or still sitting out?

i guess we'll find out shortly lol

#40 zacgrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Rezi_rez @ Jan 3 2012, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats what I was thinking

I remember at some point last year, they both played at the same time (Marc at 4 and HH at 5)

Yeah they did at one point against the Spurs during the playoffs, it was either Game 1 or Game 6 because I downloaded them all and watched those two before the season started.