#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Shane Battier Rudy Gay Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Leon Powe Ish Smith Greivis Vasquez Jason Williams
Knicks
  • Renaldo Balkman Chauncey Billups Derrick Brown Roger Mason Jr. Andy Rautins Ronny Turiaf Bill Walker Shawne Williams Shelden Williams

#2 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:08 PM

SEASON SERIES
- 03/09: Grizzlies vs Knicks
- 03/17: Grizzlies at Knicks

MEDIA/BLOG LINKS

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | 191 Beale Street | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | Bluff City Bears | CBS | Commercial Appeal | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Fox Sports TN | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies News | Grizzlies.com Blogs | GrizzLife | HoopsWorld | Memphis Blue Bears | Mike Conley | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Sports56 WHBQ | Straight Outta Vancouver | The Growl | The Memphis Edge | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

New York Knicks: Bergen Record | Bleacher Report | CBS | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | HoopsWorld | Knicker Blogger | Knicks Knacks (NJ) | Knicks Knacks (LoHud) | Knicks Knation | Knicks Of The Trade | Knicks Online | Marc Berman | New York Daily News | New York Post | New York Times | Newark Star-Ledger | Newsday | NY Knicks Beat | Parsippany Daily Record | Posting and Toasting | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Straight Bangin’ | The Knicks Blog | The Journal-News (LoHud) | The Knicks Blog | The Knicks Fix | USA Today | What Would Oakley Do? | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#3 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

We dont really have anybody for Amare...but we can blitz melo all night, and Zbo has noone to guard him...We should be able to get this one. Its on national tv.. Lets go grizz...dont stop the winning!!

YO

#4 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

Looks like Chauncey Billups is still out..That will help..

YO

#5 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

Rudy should be about a week away from coming back. We need him to get back and get gelled and also to lock in our playoff rotation..

YO

#6 Plushead

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

let's see...two all-star forwards on the floor Wednesday. Wonder which forward will have the best game?

#7 BeBoutBidness

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (GrizzliesIQYO @ Mar 8 2011, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We dont really have anybody for Amare...but we can blitz melo all night, and Zbo has noone to guard him...We should be able to get this one. Its on national tv.. Lets go grizz...dont stop the winning!!

YO

Z-bo and Marc will make him work on the defensive end and limit his offensive production. I betcha he misses alot of easy shots in this game from working so hard on the defensive end. We can run with them but they cant pound with us.

#8 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

I didnt realize this was a home game..really improves our chances..

YO

#9 inyofacez55

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

More scared of Amare than Melo in this game. I dont know who we can use to contain him.

#10 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

I think we matchup well with the Knicks, especially without Billups. If our perimeter defense is what people make it to be, then we can force some TOs even before the ball reaches into the hands of Melo and Amare. Defensively, they can't stop us either.

#11 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

Winnable game.

We're deadly inside FEF this year. That alone makes me confident.

#12 balls&brains

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:17 AM

I don't wanna get ahead of ourselves but as long as the Grizzlies play to their potential they should beat any team in the east not named the Celtics...maybe the Bulls....But the Grizzlies are playing like they are the one of the elite teams in the league. And like TA said tonight, the Grizzlies need these games a lot more than the other teams. They just gotta want it more.

#13 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:11 AM

If Billups is out, PLEASE watch Douglas. He's one of those quick scoring guards that can get it going if no one pays attentiont to him.

You definitely don't want him scoring no more than his average.

I think we will end up winning this game though. Limit their 3 point makes by closing out on Williams, Fields and Walker. Continue to force turnovers and we got the guys to defend Melo. Make Amare work on the defensive end and there ya go.

#14 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:38 AM

This is definitely a must-win game. They might have two superstars ready to play, but overall, this team is better on paper. And as a whole, the Grizz are bigger then the sum of their parts. We are definitely a more cohesive team. We might get crushed by the officiating, but no matter the cost, we need to win this. We need to win games against teams lesser than us.

#15 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,248 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

Man, I'm excited for this one. My hometown eastern conference boys, vs. the Grizz. Finally I get to watch a game on TV instead of the computer, haha! I hope we kick the crap out of everyone's new favorite team.

The biggest thing here, is we can't let Amar'e get his jump shot going. If there's any team I've watched more than the Grizz this year, it's the Knicks... although admittedly I've been a bit turned off by them after the Melo trade and have only seen 2 games since. Anyway, they really seem to get rolling when Amar'e's raining from the iso-mid-range game. If we can keep that in check (maybe play a lot of DA on him), I like our chances. I'm not worried about Melo at all. TA and Shane should be able to get in his head early on. Offensively we just need to pound them. Marc. Zach. They have absolutely no answer for that. No defense inside. Zbo should go for 20-20 again. One other huge caveat I have about this game is to watch the freakin 3-line! We generally suck at closing out of 3 shooters, and the Knicks all love to camp out there.

#16 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,253 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

winnable game. Jared Jefferies: -5,589,193 Marc Gasol: +5

#17 Grizzlies of Anarchy

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

It'll be interesting matchup & perhaps the biggest test for Grizzlies tonight.

#18 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

Lets get this win...where we can leap frog the NO water bugs for 7th..

YO

#19 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,490 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

Who are they going to have guard Marc? They seem a bit small at the C.

#20 n2wires

Rookie

• Fan Advisory Board
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

anyone with tickets for sale for this game i am intrested....e-mail me at n2wires@yahoo.com....thanks