#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Shane Battier Rudy Gay Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Leon Powe Ish Smith Greivis Vasquez Jason Williams
Thunder
  • Cole Aldrich Nick Collison Daequan Cook James Harden Royal Ivey Eric Maynor Byron Mullens Kendrick Perkins Nate Robinson

#2 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

SEASON SERIES
- 10/12: Grizzlies at Thunder (Win 116-96) preseason
- 01/04: Grizzlies vs Thunder (Win 110-105)
- 01/08: Grizzlies at Thunder (Loss 100-109)
- 02/08: Grizzlies at Thunder (Win 105-101 OT)
- 03/07: Grizzlies vs Thunder

MEDIA/BLOG LINKS

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | 191 Beale Street | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | Bluff City Bears | CBS | Commercial Appeal | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Fox Sports TN | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies News | Grizzlies.com Blogs | GrizzLife | HoopsWorld | Memphis Blue Bears | Mike Conley | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Sports56 WHBQ | Straight Outta Vancouver | The Growl | The Memphis Edge | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Oklahoma City Thunder: After The Lightning | Bend It Like Bennett | Bleacher Report | Blue Blitz | CBS | Daily Thunder | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Hoops Of Thunder | HoopsWorld | NBA In OKC | OKC Thunder Fans | Oklahoma City Bball | Oklahoma City Thunder Blog | Oklahoman | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Thunder Rumblings | USA Today | Welcome To Loud City | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#3 nwagrizzfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

really got to get this one, especially with the Amare and Carmelo show coming Wednesday. I'd almost be happy to get a split. But hope we take them both.

#4 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:37 PM

Grizz own the Thunder.

Sure win.

#5 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:54 AM

Considering the difficulty of our remaining road games, it's my belief the Grizz have to win at least 75% of their remaining home games.

If not; imo, say goodbye to the play-offs.

#6 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (jd @ Mar 6 2011, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering the difficulty of our remaining road games, it's my belief the Grizz have to win at least 75% of their remaining home games.

If not; imo, say goodbye to the play-offs.

ouch, that may be a tall order with Rudy still out. We have 19 games left so you think we need to go 14-5? That would put us at 48-34 for the season. That will be tough for us to do. I hope it doesnt take 48 wins to get in. Houston has the easiest remaining schedule I believe but they also have the most ground to make up.

The rest of the West teams will have to be playing similar schedules wont they; except we have 3 pretty rough road games against Chicago, Boston and Miami. That is why we really needed to beat NOH Friday night. That really hurt. Any loss at home is killer but against a team who was at the time just a half game ahead of us in the race. Bad bad loss.

Now is when those BS losses to NJ, Cleve, Wizards without John Wall, PHX (the game where Rudy couldnt miss the FT on purpose), the gift to NO at their place when we had the lead and the ball with 14 secs left and Mike C couldnt get the ball inbounds and didnt call timeout--now is the time that they come back to haunt us. Seriously we legitimately should be 39-24 right now. Not blaming refs or anything like that. Just games we flat out should have won or had won but blew.

#7 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (southbluffsgrizzfan @ Mar 6 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ouch, that may be a tall order with Rudy still out. We have 19 games left so you think we need to go 14-5? That would put us at 48-34 for the season. That will be tough for us to do. I hope it doesnt take 48 wins to get in. Houston has the easiest remaining schedule I believe but they also have the most ground to make up.

The rest of the West teams will have to be playing similar schedules wont they; except we have 3 pretty rough road games against Chicago, Boston and Miami. That is why we really needed to beat NOH Friday night. That really hurt. Any loss at home is killer but against a team who was at the time just a half game ahead of us in the race. Bad bad loss.

Now is when those BS losses to NJ, Cleve, Wizards without John Wall, PHX (the game where Rudy couldnt miss the FT on purpose), the gift to NO at their place when we had the lead and the ball with 14 secs left and Mike C couldnt get the ball inbounds and didnt call timeout--now is the time that they come back to haunt us. Seriously we legitimately should be 39-24 right now. Not blaming refs or anything like that. Just games we flat out should have won or had won but blew.

I didn't say, or mean, that the Grizz had to win @ least 75% of all of their remaining games. Getting more than 3 wins out of the remaining 8 road games left will be tough considering the teams we will be playing.

I said 75% of their home court games. That would be about 8 home wins out of 11.

I think 45 wins gets the Grizz in.

#8 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

Bring on the Thunder! We are going to beat their butts!

#9 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Conley was really pushed to his limits tonight. Hope he has enough gas in the tank left for this one...

But OKC went to overtime tonight so maybe they're tired too.

#10 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

OJ Mayo needs to be in the starting lineup or someone needs to get fired.

#11 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (lilgregmonroe @ Mar 6 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bring on the Thunder! We are going to beat their butts!

Spoken like a "true Hoosier" laugh.gif

#12 HeartFoundation

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (lilojmayo @ Mar 7 2011, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OJ Mayo needs to be in the starting lineup or someone needs to get fired.

Yeah sort of...

but

imo, it's OK playing him coming off the bench but giving 30+ min of playing time pared with Shane.

#13 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (HeartFoundation @ Mar 7 2011, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah sort of...

but

imo, it's OK playing him coming off the bench but giving 30+ min of playing time pared with Shane.

Me too. If we committed to give him the ball to play his game.

Hollins allow OJ to play give him time and props to be our sixthman.

WE MUST WIN TODAY!!!!!

#14 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,229 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

I love OJ but I think our 6th man is Darrell Arthur. He hit some key shots last night and we'd be toast without him backing up Gasol.

tonight is a playoff test. can you come off a tight win on the road and bring it home the next night against the best of the NBA and do better? (score more than 38 points in the 1st half please)

"secret is to never get too high when you win and never get too low when you lose"

#15 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (GrizzedByGrizz @ Mar 7 2011, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love OJ but I think our 6th man is Darrell Arthur. He hit some key shots last night and we'd be toast without him backing up Gasol.

tonight is a playoff test. can you come off a tight win on the road and bring it home the next night against the best of the NBA and do better? (score more than 38 points in the 1st half please)

"secret is to never get too high when you win and never get too low when you lose"

I love the Darrel progress...

I wish he continue to devolop his game to show why he was compared to Mcdyess when he was drafted, but there's NO way you van compare OJ and Darrel talent. OJ is in a slump. He is getting out it now. OJ can affect a game in so many different ways that Darrel can't.

The good thing is that these two young players are on our team and will only get better.

Please Hollins give OJ time to devolop his game.

#16 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,762 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

This is going to be a most interesting game tonight.

Oklahoma City is the 2nd team to play the Grizzlies without Rudy Gay (San Antonio back to back was the first) and how they adapt to the team without Rudy will be very interesting to watch.

When the Grizzlies won in OKC Tony Allen had what was probably his best game of his career but Mayo and Mayo didn't play. This time the Grizzlies have Shane Battier, O J Mayo and a lot of confidence after coming back to beat the Mavericks in Dallas. Both teams will be tired (OKC played OT last night against Phoenix) so there are no excuses.

#17 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (chipc3 @ Mar 7 2011, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oklahoma City is the 2nd team to play the Grizzlies without Rudy Gay (San Antonio back to back was the first) and how they adapt to the team without Rudy will be very interesting to watch.

When the Grizzlies won in OKC Tony Allen had what was probably his best game of his career but Mayo and Mayo didn't play. This time the Grizzlies have Shane Battier, O J Mayo and a lot of confidence after coming back to beat the Mavericks in Dallas. Both teams will be tired (OKC played OT last night against Phoenix) so there are no excuses.

This is what I'm talking about.

We must win home games.

#18 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (chipc3 @ Mar 7 2011, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I think they don't get to have Perkins until at least a week after today.

#19 BeBoutBidness

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

This is a good stretch of games were the GRizz need to focus. Hopefully they can defend home court tonight and pull out a W.

#20 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

We won last night with a 33% win probabily per basketball-reference.com.

So, this kinda means nothing, but I was still shocked to see that we are actually favored with a 57% win probability by that site vs. the Thunder tonight.