#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Shane Battier Rudy Gay Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Leon Powe Ish Smith Greivis Vasquez Jason Williams
Mavericks
  • Jose Barea Corey Brewer Caron Butler Brian Cardinal Tyson Chandler Dominique Jones Ian Mahinmi Shawn Marion DeShawn Stevenson Jason Terry

#2 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

SEASON SERIES
- 10/29: Grizzlies at Mavericks (Win 91-90)
- 11/10: Grizzlies vs Mavericks (Loss 91-106)
- 01/15: Grizzlies vs Mavericks (Win 89-70)
- 03/06: Grizzlies at Mavericks

MEDIA/BLOG LINKS

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | 191 Beale Street | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | Bluff City Bears | CBS | Commercial Appeal | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Fox Sports TN | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies News | Grizzlies.com Blogs | GrizzLife | HoopsWorld | Memphis Blue Bears | Mike Conley | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Sports56 WHBQ | Straight Outta Vancouver | The Growl | The Memphis Edge | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Dallas Mavericks: Bleacher Report | Blog Maverick (Mark Cuban) | CBS | Dallas Basketball | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Morning News Blog | Danny Bollinger | David Moore | ESPN | FanHouse | Fort Worth Star-Telegram | FOX | HoopsWorld | Mavericks.com Podcast | Mavs Courtside View | Mavs Full Court Press | Mavs Moneyball | Mavsball | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | The Two Man Game | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#3 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:03 AM

Another possible first round matchup for the Grizz.

Very winnable game.

#4 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

Mavs aren't that talented outside of Dirk, just noticed that

#5 ebevan91

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

I don't think we can win this... the Mavs are the hottest team in the league, 9-1 in their last 10 games, and they are riding a 7 game winning streak.

#6 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hopefully Chandler sits out, it's very hard to win when the opponent has two centers that are better than your "franchise" center

#7 BabyDzz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (ebevan91 @ Mar 4 2011, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think we can win this... the Mavs are the hottest team in the league, 9-1 in their last 10 games, and they are riding a 7 game winning streak.

Any and all streaks come to an end. Which is why their streak earlier in the year isnt 20 or so now. We need this game, especially after atrocity at home against NO. Everybody needs to understand this including Hollins.

#8 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (ebevan91 @ Mar 4 2011, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its simply going to be if we can turn them over with our defense. If we dont force turnovers and we have to play half court sets, they will wear us out because we have nobody to stop Dirk.

We have to play with energy and get deflections, turnovers, and steals. They are going to double Zach like everybody does now. He is going to have to make the pass to the open man and that open man is going to have to hit his shot. Tonight against NOLA, Sam couldnt make his shot during crunch time.

I really think the days of Zach just taking his man one on one and dominating are going to be few and far between. Good teams arent going to allow that. They will take Zach away with the double team and make us hit shots. Z can still get his points and rebounds but he will have to score getting garbage buckets--cleaning up the mess when we miss.

This game will be really tough. That is why the loss to NO hurts so bad. We really needed to take care of the home court.

#9 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

I'm optimistic we win this, because everytime Conley can have his way with his matchup, our chances of winning totally increase.

#10 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:43 AM

The guys can't care about the Mavs record, their win streak, or even the fact that Chandler is out. They just need to come in and give 110%. Do that, and I think we have a good chance at winning.

I think Zbo is the key. He obviously won't be able to contain Dirk on the defensive end, so he needs to at least match him in points/rebounds. If Zach has an off day, we're in trouble.

#11 GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (ItIsWhatItIs @ Mar 4 2011, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully Chandler sits out, it's very hard to win when the opponent has two centers that are better than your "franchise" center

Good to have you back MH.

#12 Grizz Glory

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

Losing to the hornets hurt, but winning against the Mavs (a game you aren't expected to win) will counter it. It would be really nice to get this one, especially since theres a back to back with the thunder the next night. Sheesh.

#13 Memphis Sissy

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'd like to see Shane guarding Dirk a bit this game.

#14 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

If we lose this game, we are handing Phoneix are playoff spot..

YO

#15 BeBoutBidness

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

I have a good feeling about this game. I believe we make up for losing at home to New Orleans. We always play Dallas pretty well

#16 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (BeBoutBidness @ Mar 5 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a good feeling about this game. I believe we make up for losing at home to New Orleans. We always play Dallas pretty well

A win against Dallas will make up for the loss against NO. However, if we lose, we are in trouble. Houston won tonight. Phoenix won last night. Utah is in a tight game against SAC at home. Last night's loss gave each of those teams more hope that they can pass us.

#17 RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Grizzn04)

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Iggy @ Mar 6 2011, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A win against Dallas will make up for the loss against NO. However, if we lose, we are in trouble. Houston won tonight. Phoenix won last night. Utah is in a tight game against SAC at home. Last night's loss gave each of those teams more hope that they can pass us.

Phoenix plays @ OKC tomm though.

#18 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:39 PM

I am expecting a beatdown of the Mavs. Nothing less.

#19 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:36 AM

Win 3 out 4 against Dallas ...... with the last game being on their home court.
Possible; but not likely. unsure.gif I'm trying hard to keep the faith.

I know it's spilled milk (more like spilled blood), but losing to NOLA friday night was truly a blown opportunity. Now is the time to rise above the waves.

Grizz can't depend on other rivals losing to other teams.
Holding serve the next 14 days is critical.

#20 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:47 AM

I don't like hour chances with Rudy Gay this game. I really don't.

That being said I have never doubted an OJ Mayo team before, so I won't start now