#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Rodney Carney DeMarre Carroll Rudy Gay Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Hasheem Thabeet Greivis Vasquez Jason Williams
Timberwolves
  • Eddy Curry Wayne Ellington Jonny Flynn Lazar Hayward Kosta Koufos Nikola Pekovic Anthony Randolph Sebastian Telfair Anthony Tolliver Martell Webster

#2 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

SEASON SERIES
- 10/30: Grizzlies vs Timberwolves (Win 109-89)
- 02/02: Grizzlies at Timberwolves (Win 102-84)
- 02/23: Grizzlies at Timberwolves
- 04/02: Grizzlies vs Timberwolves

MEDIA/BLOG LINKS

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | 191 Beale Street | BallHype | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | Bluff City Bears | CBS | Commercial Appeal | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Fox Sports TN | From A Fan's Seat | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies News | Grizzlies.com Blogs | GrizzLife | Hasheem Thabeet | HoopsWorld | Memphis Blue Bears | Mike Conley | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Sports56 WHBQ | Straight Outta Vancouver | The Growl | The Memphis Edge | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Minnesota Timberwolves: BallHype | Balls (City Pages) | Bleacher Report | Canis Hoopus | CBS | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | HoopsWorld | Howlin' T-Wolf | Jerry Zgoda | Kevin Love | Jerry Zgoda | Minneapolis Star Tribune | On The Ball | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | St. Paul Pioneer Press | T Wolves Blog | Talkin' T-Wolves | Timberwolves Basketball | Timberwolves Press | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#3 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

At the end of the 2007/2008 season, these 2 teams were tied with 22-60 records.

In the 2008 draft, the Timberwolves picked at 3, 31, and 34 and the Grizzlies picked at 5 and 28.

At the end of the 2008/2009 season, the teams were again tied -- with 24-58 records.

In the 2009 draft, the Timberwolves picked at 5, 6, 18, 28, 45, and 47 and the Grizzlies picked at 2, 27, and 36.

At the end of the 2008/2009 season, the Timberwolves finished at 15-67 and the Grizzlies at 40-42.

In the 2010 draft, the Timberwolves picked at 4, 16, 23, 45 and 56 and the Grizzlies picked at 12, 25 and 28.

And now...

#4 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (SixthMan @ Feb 21 2011, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the 2008 draft, the Timberwolves picked at 3, 31, and 34 and the Grizzlies picked at 5 and 28.

At the end of the 2008/2009 season, the teams were again tied -- with 24-58 records.

In the 2009 draft, the Timberwolves picked at 5, 6, 18, 28, 45, and 47 and the Grizzlies picked at 2, 27, and 36.

At the end of the 2008/2009 season, the Timberwolves finished at 15-67 and the Grizzlies at 40-42.

In the 2010 draft, the Timberwolves picked at 4, 16, 23, 45 and 56 and the Grizzlies picked at 12, 25 and 28.

And now...

laugh.gif

#5 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (SixthMan @ Feb 21 2011, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And now...

This game really ticks me off, the way the media has protrayed the Mayo-Love deal disregarding the teams records. Imagine what is doing to the Real OJ Mayo. Now Mayo is the showcase in the offense ( finally finally) ,

Twolves are in trouble, big big trouble. I have a feeling the Love-Mayo debate will end tonight with this game. I know never base assumption of just one game, especially a regular season game, but Twolves are in trouble.

I am not lying when I said OJ was taking Mental notes.

#6 Benji

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (lilojmayo @ Feb 22 2011, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This game really ticks me off, the way the media has protrayed the Mayo-Love deal disregarding the teams records. Imagine what is doing to the Real OJ Mayo. Now Mayo is the showcase in the offense ( finally finally) ,

Twolves are in trouble, big big trouble. I have a feeling the Love-Mayo debate will end tonight with this game. I know never base assumption of just one game, especially a regular season game, but Twolves are in trouble.

I am not lying when I said OJ was taking Mental notes.

#7 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,358 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

Can't afford to lose this one.

#8 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Benji @ Feb 22 2011, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Answering Question:

The fan me:

I allergic to scrub NBA players, non-star potentials talents, and I am somewhat endowed particularly in the shooting guard position. There is no secret that after Jordan, I was particular fond of talents like Tracy McGrady, Latrell Sprewell, Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter, Jerry Streakhouse and Allen Iverson. They all happened to be SGs, very versatile and could play multiple positons including running an offense. You fall next in that category of star potential SGs, moreso then any young player arguably in the world. Who is your competition OJ? Monta Ellis, Brandon Roy, Tyreke Evans laugh.gif .

Can't wait until you showcase your talents, and justify while I have always spoken so highly of you.

#9 APSUGrizzlies

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (lilojmayo @ Feb 23 2011, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Answering Question:

The fan me:

I allergic to scrub NBA players, non-star potentials talents, and I am somewhat endowed particularly in the shooting guard position. There is no secret that after Jordan, I was particular fond of talents like Tracy McGrady, Latrell Sprewell, Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter, Jerry Streakhouse and Allen Iverson. They all happened to be SGs, very versatile and could play multiple positons including running an offense. You fall next in that category of star potential SGs, moreso then any young player arguably in the world. Who is your competition OJ? Monta Ellis, Brandon Roy, Tyreke Evans laugh.gif .

Can't wait until you showcase your talents, and justify while I have always spoken so highly of you.

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you, but someone just found a picture of OJ and typed in a caption.

That wasn't really OJ Mayo talking to you.

#10 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

I was really disappointed with Marc & Mike's play last night, but also with Zach's. I think this will be an interesting game to watch.

The last time the two teams met, and an All-Star appearance was on the line, Zach destroyed K-Love. Now that has come and gone, it will be interesting to see this rematch.

#11 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,358 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Grizzled Vet @ Feb 23 2011, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was really disappointed with Marc & Mike's play last night, but also with Zach's. I think this will be an interesting game to watch.

The last time the two teams met, and an All-Star appearance was on the line, Zach destroyed K-Love. Now that has come and gone, it will be interesting to see this rematch.

Completely on a side note, Kevin Love is no All Star.

#12 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (lilgasol_the_great @ Feb 23 2011, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you, but someone just found a picture of OJ and typed in a caption.

That wasn't really OJ Mayo talking to you.

man..... obviously it wasn't him. OJ is not very computer savy in real life by the way. He rarely ever uses the internets.

But once again it looks like OJ Mayo is auditioning for John Paxson. Things are getting serious according to Chad Ford. Bulls are really making the push to get OJ by tomorrow. If OJ shows out Paxson would most likely give Heisley exactly want he wants.

If OJ gets traded, we can all thank Lionel Hollins. He has misused OJ's talents for far too long, and has yet to be held accountable for it.

#13 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,265 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

If OJ shows out Paxson would most likely give Heisley exactly want he wants.

Go OJ! Show out! Whatever that means.

If Mayo can give Heisley exactly what he wants then maybe we can get players in here who will do exactly what the coaches want and we can win more games!

If OJ gets traded, we can all thank Lionel Hollins. He has misused OJ's talents for far too long, and has yet to be held accountable for it.

Is it that Hollins misused Mayo's talents or that Mayo's talents didn't fit well with what the team was trying to do?

#14 Greater Memphis Grind

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

sounds like their new Randolph may possibly be playing tonight

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
New Wolves forward Anthony Randolph just completed physical, source said.

#15 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Marc Zbo and Conley need to bounce back in this game.

#16 Memphofan

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

Must win tonight. Can't throw anymore games away at this point of the season.

#17 Alex I.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts
  • Interests:My music, I have an album out on iTunes for all the country fans out there!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (lilojmayo @ Feb 23 2011, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man..... obviously it wasn't him. OJ is not very computer savy in real life by the way. He rarely ever uses the internets.

But once again it looks like OJ Mayo is auditioning for John Paxson. Things are getting serious according to Chad Ford. Bulls are really making the push to get OJ by tomorrow. If OJ shows out Paxson would most likely give Heisley exactly want he wants.

Love how you're aware of his Internet usage. Does that mean he doesn't have an iPhone, droid, or blackberry? Just curious:P

#18 Toumillle

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

Game time !
A loss against Minnesota is not acceptable. tongue.gif

#19 BabyDzz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (lilojmayo @ Feb 23 2011, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If somebody is already interested in you and is aware of what you can do, why audition? Doesn't make sense.

#20 grizbrian

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

I'm glad I didn't get the chance to watch the Denver game.

But this is a must win.

Otherwise, we probably need to trade now. Is trade deadline due yet?