#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Darrell Arthur Rodney Carney DeMarre Carroll Rudy Gay Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Hasheem Thabeet Greivis Vasquez Jason Williams
Nuggets
  • Chris Andersen Carmelo Anthony Renaldo Balkman Chauncey Billups Melvin Ely Gary Forbes Al Harrington

#2 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

SEASON SERIES
- 12/05: Grizzlies at Nuggets (Loss 107-108)
- 02/13: Grizzlies vs Nuggets (Win 116-108)
- 02/22: Grizzlies at Nuggets

MEDIA/BLOG LINKS

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | 191 Beale Street | BallHype | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | Bluff City Bears | CBS | Commercial Appeal | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Fox Sports TN | From A Fan's Seat | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies News | Grizzlies.com Blogs | GrizzLife | Hasheem Thabeet | HoopsWorld | Memphis Blue Bears | Mike Conley | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Sports56 WHBQ | Straight Outta Vancouver | The Growl | The Memphis Edge | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Denver Nuggets: All Things Nuggets | BallHype | Bleacher Report | Bolder Daily Camera | CBS | Denver Nuggets 24/7 | Denver Post | Denver Stiffs | Dunking Nuggets | Eric Goodman | ESPN | FanHouse | Fort Collins Coloradoan | FOX | HoopsWorld | Longmont Times-Call | Loveland Reporter-Herald | Nuggets Hoops | Pickaxe And Roll | Rocky Mountain News | Roundball Mining Company | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | The Nugg Doctor | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#3 grizzfan12

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

Don't know if we can take this one. Hopefully Melo is traded by then.

#4 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,358 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

After a week off, I think we have a good shot at this game.

Especially if Melo is finally out.

#5 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,441 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Gasol_The_Great @ Feb 13 2011, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After a week off, I think we have a good shot at this game.

Especially if Melo is finally out.

Like I mentioned in the Bucks thread, I want the Grizzlies to go into Denver early so they have a few days to acclimate to the altitude. My training schedule would run like this following the Sixers game.

Wednesday: Day off for the team, other than scheduled training regimens (weight room, trainer sessions for injury rehab). Team can do pickup shooting sessions/scrimmages at the Forum, but nothing serious as far as physical contact.

Thursday: Film session, going over the games from December and today. Skill drills and scrimmage, but single session.

Friday: Full scrimmage and practice.

Saturday: Travel day to Denver. Light walk through after getting into the hotel.

Sunday: Early work out and light practice. Evening off so the team can watch the All-Star Game, and get their focus ready.

Monday: Full Practice.

Tuesday: Tear the Nuggets a new one on their home court. Leave to fly to Minneapolis.

#6 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,358 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:37 AM

Oh man!

I just realized, this game decides the tiebreaker between us and Denver!

This is definitely a must win now...

We're only 1.5 games behind them at the moment, so it would be incredibly useful for us to get the tiebreaker incase the push for the Playoffs comes down to us and them.

LETS GO GRIZZ!

#7 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Gasol_The_Great @ Feb 14 2011, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man!

I just realized, this game decides the tiebreaker between us and Denver!

This is definitely a must win now...

We're only 1.5 games behind them at the moment, so it would be incredibly useful for us to get the tiebreaker incase the push for the Playoffs comes down to us and them.

LETS GO GRIZZ!

We totally messed up our chances with Houston. If we won that last game, considering we have a totally better division record, we would have gotten the tiebreaker. We still have three games with NOH (and we are just three games apart), and a game with Portland. Winning this is a step in the right direction.

#8 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (grizzfan12 @ Feb 14 2011, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think he will be, and I really don't want to face a team like the Nuggets right after they trade their star player. Teams like that play with something to prove for a while before coming down to earth.

Frankly, at this point, I see him on the team for when we trade him. Trade deadlines are like homework deadlines...you could do them in advance, but that deadline is what it takes to get some action done.

I could also see this going down like the Amar'e situation last year. No trade.

#9 Griz in your face

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (grizzfan12 @ Feb 13 2011, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreeing with ya here.

#10 GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Wells @ Feb 13 2011, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I mentioned in the Bucks thread, I want the Grizzlies to go into Denver early so they have a few days to acclimate to the altitude. My training schedule would run like this following the Sixers game.

Wednesday: Day off for the team, other than scheduled training regimens (weight room, trainer sessions for injury rehab). Team can do pickup shooting sessions/scrimmages at the Forum, but nothing serious as far as physical contact.

Thursday: Film session, going over the games from December and today. Skill drills and scrimmage, but single session.

Friday: Full scrimmage and practice.

Saturday: Travel day to Denver. Light walk through after getting into the hotel.

Sunday: Early work out and light practice. Evening off so the team can watch the All-Star Game, and get their focus ready.

Monday: Full Practice.

Tuesday: Tear the Nuggets a new one on their home court. Leave to fly to Minneapolis.

Don't know where I heard this, but Hollins has already said that they are going to take a few days off to recharge their batteries. Have a practice the day before, and then get ready to play.

I'd rather the team have rest time for those nagging injuries.

#11 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,358 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

Oh by the way, not only are we fighting for the tiebreaker in this game, but if we end up defeating PHI tomorrow, and Denver loses to MIL on Wed., we can reclaim the 8th spot from the Nuggets here.

Assuming thats the situation, this very easily could be the biggest game the Grizzlies have faced in years.

#12 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (GF#1 @ Feb 14 2011, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know where I heard this, but Hollins has already said that they are going to take a few days off to recharge their batteries. Have a practice the day before, and then get ready to play.

I'd rather the team have rest time for those nagging injuries.

Since it is the All-Star "Break" do they have to give the guys those 3 days off? I would imagine so.

#13 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

One week with no grizzlies(not even at the Allstar) angry.gif

#14 BigSims3030

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (costarica2 @ Feb 15 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One week with no grizzlies(not even at the Allstar) angry.gif

Do we really want to? See what happened to Rudy? What if something happened to Zbo? I'm personally fine with no grizzlies at All-Star weekend. The rest will be really good for us.

#15 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

OJ Mayo won't be on the roster come this game next week. Book it.

#16 Alex I.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts
  • Interests:My music, I have an album out on iTunes for all the country fans out there!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (lilojmayo @ Feb 15 2011, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OJ Mayo won't be on the roster come this game next week. Book it.

Any inside info on that? You continue to say that every game is OJ's last.. I'm still waiting for your amazing prediction.

#17 Kenrae

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,507 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Capspace8390 @ Feb 16 2011, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any inside info on that? You continue to say that every game is OJ's last.. I'm still waiting for your amazing prediction.

Sooner or later it's bound to happen. Nobody plays eternally. And then he will say "I told you so" laugh.gif

#18 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Me and my buddies will be there screaming! I hate the nuggets. Well, the team.

#19 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Capspace8390 @ Feb 16 2011, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rudy is injured for a month or more. This changes the whole scenario. This game will be the game where Heisley will decide if OJ stays or goes. Mayo will for the first time in his career have an extended amount of games being " the man" let's see what happens.

Mayo going close to 40 points this game and I am not even joking. Chauncey Billups is in trouble, that's all I have to say.

#20 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

first game without Rudy...smh...be nice 2 start it off with a win..

YO