#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Tony Allen DeMarre Carroll Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry O.J. Mayo Zach Randolph Hasheem Thabeet Greivis Vasquez Jason Williams
Bucks
  • Earl Boykins Jon Brockman Carlos Delfino Keyon Dooling Chris Douglas-Roberts Drew Gooden Luc Mbah a Moute Patrick Patterson Larry Sanders

#2 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

SEASON SERIES
- 10/16: Grizzlies vs Bucks (Win 91-77) preseason
- 01/22: Grizzlies at Bucks (Win 94-81)
- 02/11: Grizzlies vs Bucks

MEDIA/BLOG LINKS

Memphis Grizzlies: 3 Shades of Blue | 191 Beale Street | BallHype | Beyond the Arc | Bleacher Report | Bluff City Bears | CBS | Commercial Appeal | David Loves The Grizzlies | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Fox Sports TN | From A Fan's Seat | Grizzed By Vanjulio | Grizzlies News | Grizzlies.com Blogs | GrizzLife | Hasheem Thabeet | HoopsWorld | Memphis Blue Bears | Mike Conley | Rudy Gay | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | Sports56 WHBQ | Straight Outta Vancouver | The Growl | The Memphis Edge | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

Milwaukee Bucks: BallHype | Boeder Bucks | Brew Hoop | Bucks Blog | Bucks Diary | Bucks Talk | Bucksketball | CBS | ESPN | FanHouse | FOX | Green Bay Press-Gazette | HoopsWorld | Just Another Bucks Fan | Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel | My Bucks Blog | Paschketball | Racine Journal Times | Racine Journal Times Sports Blog | Sporting News | Sports Illustrated | The Bob Boozer Jinx | The Bratwurst | USA Today | Yahoo! | Yard Barker

#3 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

We definitely need this one. Especially if we can't pull off the OKC game tomorrow, although Im confident.

We need to take down all the sub-.500 teams from here on out. No more playing around Grizzlies. We're entering crunch time.

#4 Trent3322

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Gasol_The_Great @ Feb 8 2011, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We definitely need this one. Especially if we can't pull off the OKC game tomorrow, although Im confident.

We need to take down all the sub-.500 teams from here on out. No more playing around Grizzlies. We're entering crunch time.

Oh, this one is a lock.

#5 Benji

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

MUST WIN!

In all seriousness though, we do need to win this one.

#6 nwagrizzfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

from the looks of the projected lineup, are we assuming Gay is out Friday night? Here's hoping he's not.

#7 kfilament

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Gasol_The_Great @ Feb 7 2011, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No doubt. Our schedule left is pretty nasty, even thought a lot of the nastyness is at home, its still nasty. We HAVE GOT TO beat teams like the Bucks.

#8 GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,926 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

Why do you have Lionel Hollins listed beside the team lineups, SixthMan? You know he doesn't help this team win. Might as well pretend like he doesn't exist.

#9 kfilament

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (GF#1 @ Feb 9 2011, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do you have Lionel Hollins listed beside the team lineups, SixthMan? You know he doesn't help this team win. Might as well pretend like he doesn't exist.

Hey even John Salmons gets to be on there, so I guess Hollins can too.

#10 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (GF#1 @ Feb 9 2011, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The head coaches are shown, because they typically impact the game.

Sometimes it is positive, sometimes it is negative.

#11 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (nwagrizzfan @ Feb 9 2011, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from the looks of the projected lineup, are we assuming Gay is out Friday night? Here's hoping he's not.

I got on to see if anybody had heard when Rudy might be returning and saw your post. I guess SixthMan hasnt heard anything either?

#12 nwagrizzfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (southbluffsgrizzfan @ Feb 9 2011, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got on to see if anybody had heard when Rudy might be returning and saw your post. I guess SixthMan hasnt heard anything either?

Don't know.

Edit: Thanks Sixth Man.

#13 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Tony Allen enjoys scoring boost
By Tom Carpenter, Special to ESPN.com, February, 9, 2011, 9:51 am ET
Rudy Gay skipped Tuesday's game due to a sprained toe. The Memphis Grizzlies didn't give out anymore details, so the severity of the injury is unclear. The good news is that the All-Star break is right around the corner, so he can get some extra rest if he needs it. The bad news is that a sprained toe can really limit the production of an athletic player like Gay. Let's hope we don't hear the phrase "turf toe" when the Griz describe the injury on Wednesday.

However, Grizzlies.com Game Notes show Rudy as starting, so I'll change it.

#14 grizzly grit

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

If we can beat the Nuggets twice and the Spurs twice and end the month of February with 34 wins,
Hollins should be coach of the month.

#15 GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,926 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (SixthMan @ Feb 9 2011, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The head coaches are shown, because they typically impact the game.

Sometimes it is positive, sometimes it is negative.

LOL. I was just messing around, SixthMan. Apparently some on this message board feel like Lionel Hollins is Marc Iavaroni 2.0...

#16 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (GF#1 @ Feb 10 2011, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL. I was just messing around, SixthMan. Apparently some on this message board feel like Lionel Hollins is Marc Iavaroni 2.0...

He's definitely not as bad as Ivy, but he's no Phil Jackson either. wink.gif

#17 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Gasol_The_Great @ Feb 10 2011, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's definitely not as bad as Ivy, but he's no Phil Jackson either. wink.gif

Look at Phil's career as a coach....Jordan/Pippen for the Bulls....Kobe/Shaq and now Kobe/Gasol/Odom for the Lakers.....hell any coach in the NBA could've got those championships with these guys.....Jackson's overrated. He's a good coach but not as good as people make him out to be.

I have a chip on my shoulder about the Bucks ever since last season when their paper said that "This should be an easy win for the Bucks b/c they're playing the Grizzlies." However we were still coming up at the time but, I've always enjoyed a good Deer slaughter (basketball). Nothing better than to do it on their turf. Go Grizzlies!!!

#18 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,854 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (grizzly grit @ Feb 9 2011, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we can beat the Nuggets twice and the Spurs twice and end the month of February with 34 wins,
Hollins should be coach of the month.

I'll be happy with one against the Spurs and two against the Nuggets. The away game after the All-Star break in Denver is the important one. Since none of the Grizzlies currently have to fly out to Los Angeles, I like to see the team go to Denver on Saturday, so they have three days to acclimate to the altitude. Three days of practices in Denver, so they will be ready for the game on Tuesday, followed by the flight to Minneapolis to play the T'Wolves the next night. Should give us a good shot at taking both of those games.

As for the Bucks, they now have back all their stars that were out due to injury the last time we played them. Marc and Zach need to dominate the paint, and get Bogut in foul trouble early. If he spends a lot of time on the bench, the Bucks become a perimeter team, and that's where the ball hawking of Allen, Conley, Young and Rudy has to get us deflections and fast breaks. Biggest defensive necessity? Sam, Darrell and Rudy have to let Mike know when their men are setting picks, otherwise Jennings will run Mike into them all night long. The key to good pick and roll or pick and pop defense is communication, and some of our players forget that they can open their mouths and say something.

#19 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

Don't get too alarmed, but we just might (putting it at 17% chance) go into battle without two of our major weapons in Rudy AND ZBo. ZBo did have an awkward landing during the Thunder game. News courtesy from Rotoworld.

It drives me crazy thinking about Thabeet getting major minutes and Sam Young being the go-to-guy in a must-win game. Hoping for the best, Rudy and ZBo have a lot of days to rest their banged-up feet.

Injury bug seems to be biting us at the wrong time. If we play with just Gasol, Conley, Allen, Young, Arthur, I don't know what to say about the game. Seeing that Gasol is matched-up against one of the better interior defenders in the NBA and Conley against a dangerous Jennings, in a worst-case scenario, our two best remaining players will have to overwork this game. How Darrell, Thabeet and Haddadi play will be crucial to us winning.

#20 Greater Memphis Grind

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (lilgregmonroe @ Feb 10 2011, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't get alarmed, but we just might go into battle without two of our major weapons in Rudy AND ZBo. News courtesy from Rotoworld.

It drives me crazy thinking about Thabeet getting major minutes and Sam Young being the go-to-guy in a must-win game. Hoping for the best, Rudy and ZBo have a lot of days to rest their banged-up feet.

QUOTE (Rotoworld)
Randolph goes for 31 and 14, lands on foot
Zach Randolph had a huge game in Tuesday's win over the Thunder, scoring 31 points on 11-of-19 shooting (including a rare three) with 14 rebounds and four assists, but landed on Serge Ibaka's foot and his ankle was in noticeable pain.
He stayed in the game and was a key part of the Grizzlies' victory, but we'll be watching to see if it swells up overnight. The good news is that the Grizzlies don't play until Friday, giving two days off to rest. Feb 9, 2:21:00 AM

a little embellishing by you there wink.gif