205 replies to this topic

#181 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Bruce Wayne @ Feb 13 2011, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lilojmayo still hasn't answered my question, I think he is avoiding it for the sake of his love for OJ.

Sam Young is making OJ look like his *****. Way more effective in starting lineup. Better everything since starting. OJ was horrible compared to him in the starting lineup.

Why is this lilojmayo? Don't tell me because he has to have the ball in his hands 24/7 to be effective either.

Sam has taken his shots and made them. Around the same amout as OJ did in the starting lineup. He has played better defense. Yet you think he should start over him?

Why do you even argue with him? You know it's a futile effort.

#182 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Markey78 @ Feb 13 2011, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Imagine this team with OJ with something to prove. I really hope next offseason we luck up on a shooter. The kid from Vandy John Jerkins is another Ben Gordon or JJ Reddick. We just need for Xavier and Thabeet to gain some real grit in their game.

Is that guy available in the second round? I do think we still retain our pick by then. I don't want us picking some 7 ft. Euro guy with a strange sounding name.

#183 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Coubs @ Feb 13 2011, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That trade would be a steal, and you know it. Cousins is already better than Gasol. Pairing him with Zach would make us impossible to stop offensively.

Wow. I know that this doesn't have anything to do with the OP but I can't help myself. Just how do you come to this conclusion? Gasol's stats are all better than Cousin's with the exception of the 0.2 rebound edge Cousins has and a couple ppg. Marc is a better percentage shooter, shot blocker, assists man, FT shooter, even 3pt shooter, and he has a nice feel for the game and is a good teammate. I guess maybe it's that great W-L record that the Kings are sporting...

#184 MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (smit-tay griz @ Feb 13 2011, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. I know that this doesn't have anything to do with the OP but I can't help myself. Just how do you come to this conclusion? Gasol's stats are all better than Cousin's with the exception of the 0.2 rebound edge Cousins has and a couple ppg. Marc is a better percentage shooter, shot blocker, assists man, FT shooter, even 3pt shooter, and he has a nice feel for the game and is a good teammate. I guess maybe it's that great W-L record that the Kings are sporting...

Cousins would make a good backup for Gasol.

Mayo/Thabeet for Cousins/scrubs

#185 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (smit-tay griz @ Feb 13 2011, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coubs is crazy! I do think teams need some attitude to succeed. But we are getting way too much attitude if we trade Gasol for Cousins. We already have ZBo, Gay and TA. Adding that diva would blow this team up.

Gasol acts as an anchor for this team. He has a calming effect on the players. Just say no.

Cousins is the next Derrick Coleman.

#186 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Feb 13 2011, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a feeling Cousins wouldn't like that. You guys are looking at the wrong Kings player. Jason Thompson or Carl Landry are much better options to consider.

#187 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Feb 13 2011, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't dispute that Cousins has talent. He's definitely more athletic than Marc and maybe if he ever gets his head screwed on right he might be a very good center. But right now Marc is far and away the better basketball player.

#188 Markey78

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (lilgregmonroe @ Feb 14 2011, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that guy available in the second round? I do think we still retain our pick by then. I don't want us picking some 7 ft. Euro guy with a strange sounding name.

I can deal with Jan Vesley or make a deal with Utah for Okur or something.

#189 Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,683 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (smit-tay griz @ Feb 13 2011, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't dispute that Cousins has talent. He's definitely more athletic than Marc and maybe if he ever gets his head screwed on right he might be a very good center. But right now Marc is far and away the better basketball player.

Not supporting Coubs or anything, but I would hope Marc is better than Cousins. Cousins is a rookie and this is Marc's 3rd year in the league and he played pro ball before that.

As far as Coubs' original comment, that's crazy. We don't need Cousins and all the guy would do is wreck any chemistry this team currently has. He would say the wrong thing to Z-Bo or TA, heck, maybe even DA or Rudy and things would go badly real quickly.

#190 Identity Thief

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • Interests:The Ultimate Yes Man

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

Anyone know what Hollingers trade idea was? Its insider only.

#191 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Markey78 @ Feb 13 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can deal with Jan Vesley or make a deal with Utah for Okur or something.

Getting Vesley is a dream come true for me. I think he's going to be better than Kirilenko.

#192 TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (lilgregmonroe @ Feb 14 2011, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What, like "Nowitzki" ?

Yeah, you don't want strange names on your team.

No Kobe, Wilt, Manu, Pau, LaMarcus, Oscar, Kareem, Shaquille, Hakeem, Dolph, Julius, "Magic", Tyreke, Amar'e, Andrea, LeBron.

No Havlicek, Schayes, Unseld, DeBusschere, Unseld, Olajuwon, Abdul Jabbar, Nowitzki, Bargnani, Gay.

Don't even THINK about Luol Deng or Luc Mbah a Moute.

#193 Markey78

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (lilgregmonroe @ Feb 14 2011, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting Vesley is a dream come true for me. I think he's going to be better than Kirilenko.

Same here. If the Kings keep losing I think Thompson could be had. We need one more tough guy to pair with DA in the frontcourt maybe Landry or Camby. My draft hopes include Vesley, Singler, Jordan Hamilton, and Nolan Smith.

#194 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (TimBC @ Feb 13 2011, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What, like "Nowitzki" ?

Yeah, you don't want strange names on your team.

No Kobe, Wilt, Manu, Pau, LaMarcus, Oscar, Kareem, Shaquille, Hakeem, Dolph, Julius, "Magic", Tyreke, Amar'e, Andrea, LeBron.

No Havlicek, Schayes, Unseld, DeBusschere, Unseld, Olajuwon, Abdul Jabbar, Nowitzki, Bargnani, Gay.

Don't even THINK about Luol Deng or Luc Mbah a Moute.

Lol, I meant the second round pick.

#195 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Markey78 @ Feb 13 2011, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here. If the Kings keep losing I think Thompson could be had. We need one more tough guy to pair with DA in the frontcourt maybe Landry or Camby. My draft hopes include Vesley, Singler, Jordan Hamilton, and Nolan Smith.

Singler is going to drop to the second round. Maybe we could buy a few late first round picks.

#196 Markey78

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (lilgregmonroe @ Feb 14 2011, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Singler is going to drop to the second round. Maybe we could buy a few late first round picks.

I doubt Singler will drop for the simple fact he's from Duke. The best asset he has is he don't need shots. Singler reminds me of poor man Hedo with his abilty to get teammates involved. Plus having a 6'8 pure sf with shooting range is a big need for us.

#197 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Markey78 @ Feb 13 2011, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt Singler will drop for the simple fact he's from Duke. The best asset he has is he don't need shots. Singler reminds me of poor man Hedo with his abilty to get teammates involved. Plus having a 6'8 pure sf with shooting range is a big need for us.

Singler's projected late first round to second round already. Maybe if we trade OJ now for a package that includes a top pick, we could bring in Kemba Walker, Brandon Knight or Jimmer Freddette for our bench scoring.

So much for funny names, but I am intrigued by this Lucas Nogueira from Brazil. Seems like every guy from Brazil turns golden. Nene, Varejao and Barbosa have panned out nicely in the league. Splitter has been OK in limited minutes, not exceptional, but I think he's only going to get better. This Lucas guy is the real deal. 7 ft. He's a pogo stick. Nice offensive touch, unlike Thabeet. Super athletic, and gets his fair share of blocks and rebounds.

#198 Coubs

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (smit-tay griz @ Feb 14 2011, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where are you getting your stats?

Cousins (in 27 minutes per game): 13.9 ppg, 8.1rpg, 1.8apg, 0.7bpg, 0.8spg, 43.6fg%, 67.3ft%
Gasol (in 33 minutes per game): 11.8 ppg, 7.1rpg, 2.7apg, 1.7bpg, 0.9spg, 51.6fg%, 75.2ft%

I'm not here to tell you that both players are shooting right at 46-47fg% since the new year.

I'm not here to tell you that Gasol makes a higher percentage of free throws while Cousins makes about two more per game.

I'm not going to tell you that Cousins has gone for 20 ten times, while Gasol has done so only thrice.

I'm not going to tell you that Cousins dominated Marc in their most recent match up.

All I'm saying is that we cannot afford to sacrifice Zach just to re-sign Marc. Zach is better than Marc. Don't kid yourself into thinking that Mayo has any value to any other team; he's just a throw-in. We'd have Cousins for at least two more years, and we'd have a chance to destroy some teams. Forget his problems, the man has MVP potential, and he may be attainable.

#199 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Coubs @ Feb 14 2011, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are you getting your stats?

Cousins (in 27 minutes per game): 13.9 ppg, 8.1rpg, 1.8apg, 0.7bpg, 0.8spg, 43.6fg%, 67.3ft%
Gasol (in 33 minutes per game): 11.8 ppg, 7.1rpg, 2.7apg, 1.7bpg, 0.9spg, 51.6fg%, 75.2ft%

I'm not here to tell you that both players are shooting right at 46-47fg% since the new year.

I'm not here to tell you that Gasol makes a higher percentage of free throws while Cousins makes about two more per game.

I'm not going to tell you that Cousins has gone for 20 ten times, while Gasol has done so only thrice.

I'm not going to tell you that Cousins dominated Marc in their most recent match up.

All I'm saying is that we cannot afford to sacrifice Zach just to re-sign Marc. Zach is better than Marc. Don't kid yourself into thinking that Mayo has any value to any other team; he's just a throw-in. We'd have Cousins for at least two more years, and we'd have a chance to destroy some teams. Forget his problems, the man has MVP potential, and he may be attainable.

Derrick Coleman potential

#200 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (southbluffsgrizzfan @ Feb 13 2011, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This^^ I am excited about having OJ come back, hopefully with his mind right. Hopefully he can see that we have a good thing going here and he will want to be a part of it in a role just like Rudy,Tony, Sam, DA, Mike C, JWill --the whole darn team. I want him to come back and help this team with his scoring and experience.

OJ Mayo has always had his mind right, he has been NBA ready since I say about 17 years old. If you are hoping OJ won't get dealt your going to be disappointed.

Where there is smoke there is fire. One executive said if Carmelo Anthony gets traded to Knicks, then many knee jerk reaction trades will follow and there is a good possiblity that knee jerk reaction will be Paxson calling up Heisley trying to get OJ Mayo talents to the Windy City.

The sun will coming shining on the star that is OJ Mayo, can't wait.