The winless Miami Heat

50 replies to this topic

#1 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

Been saying it for a while, but I really don't think they'll be any better than ORL, BOS, ATL, etc.

So happy to see them lose their first game after virtually already being anointed champs!

Thoughts?

#2 Guest_teamball_*

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, the annointed NBA champs didn't look like much against the celtics who are supposed to be too old to hang. The heat will get better the longer they play together, but the hype will get smaller.

#3 GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,926 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

That game made my night. The Celtics completely rattled them for most of the game. You would think that Boston would be showing signs of slowing down, but they're just as good as they've ever been right now.

Miami isn't going to live up to the hype most people are expecting. Could they win 60 games? Sure. But I don't think they'll get there. But for those predicting 68-74 wins, it's time to fall back down to reality. There's still a lot of figuring out to do for the Heat this season.

They aren't going to go to the finals. They don't have the size up front to matchup with Orlando or Boston in a 7 game series.

No size/length + no defense + experience together = disappointment for Miami this season.

#4 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:48 PM

Blah...yes they started out slow, but I think there was maybe one bad call against the Celtics (the block again Pierce) and other than that, multiple momentum-blowing calls which favored the Celts. Once negated a huge '3'.

For a brand new team who only scored 9 points in the first quarter which was ridiculous, Miami had no business having a chance at this game, yet there were a slew of tense green sphincters down the stretch!

How many nights are the Heat going to shoot 37% and DWade and Lebron have 14 TO's between the two of them? How many nights will there be with 2 of the big 3 don't show? They struggle like this and its still a one possession game with 1:10 left?

I say Boston would have won the title of Perkins hadn't gotten hurt, and I think Shaq was at least as good for Boston as Perkins would have been against Miami. Boston SHOULD have beat them by 20. It was a W on paper, but Boston was at 75-80% of max form, but Miami was probably around 30% and the outcome only slightly favored Boston.

Overrated? Don't be like the Boston fans at the game tonight and jump the gun. What's midseason form going to look like?

#5 BeBoutBidness

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (new_skool91 @ Oct 27 2010, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blah...yes they started out slow, but I think there was maybe one bad call against the Celtics (the block again Pierce) and other than that, multiple momentum-blowing calls which favored the Celts. Once negated a huge '3'.

For a brand new team who only scored 9 points in the first quarter which was ridiculous, Miami had no business having a chance at this game, yet there were a slew of tense green sphincters down the stretch!

How many nights are the Heat going to shoot 37% and DWade and Lebron have 14 TO's between the two of them? How many nights will there be with 2 of the big 3 don't show? They struggle like this and its still a one possession game with 1:10 left?

I say Boston would have won the title of Perkins hadn't gotten hurt, and I think Shaq was at least as good for Boston as Perkins would have been against Miami. Boston SHOULD have beat them by 20. It was a W on paper, but Boston was at 75-80% of max form, but Miami was probably around 30% and the outcome only slightly favored Boston.

Overrated? Don't be like the Boston fans at the game tonight and jump the gun. What's midseason form going to look like?

No bigs plus no bench= no Conference Finals for the Heat... let alone the Finals
Orlando vs Boston in the East
Memphis vs Lakers in the West

Orlando vs Grizzlies in the Finals

#6 Habanero

This forked tongue is for you.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, inhaling burnt rubber and watching football.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

....Get your giggles in while you can.

#7 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

I guess they need to get their 10 losses out of the way early! laugh.gif

#8 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,246 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (GF#1 @ Oct 26 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No size/length + no defense + experience together = disappointment for Miami this season.

This one here has me excited for when we play them. I would love to see us pound it in to Z-bo and Marc all game, because they've got nothing inside.

I had a grand ole time watching this game tonight... couldn't have been a better opening game than seeing the high and mighty "superfriends" and their arrogant arses (Lebron, I'm looking at you) brought down to earth. While this game means next-to-nothing in the grand scheme of things, and I'm sure the Heat will be fine, win 55+ this year, yada-yadda, it was a great sight to be seen. I really hope their experiment fails miserably.

#9 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Hey I just did I check in my dictionary, and look what I found

over·rate vt \ˈō-vər-ˌrāt\
Definition of OVERRATE

: to rate, value, or estimate too highly <overrates his importance to the team>
Examples of OVERRATE

The coach tends to overrate the players on his own team.
<I think the critics seriously overrated that movie.>

Image:

#10 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

The Heat look like a team without an identity. That will have to change if they want to beat BOS and ORL.

#11 Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

the Heat are the #1 team I'm rooting against this year......#2 is Lakers......and Mavs #3

tonights game made my night....when ray allen hit that corner 3 to seal the game in the final minute, I got very animated with joy

#12 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (BeBoutBidness @ Oct 26 2010, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No bigs plus no bench= no Conference Finals for the Heat... let alone the Finals
Orlando vs Boston in the East
Memphis vs Lakers in the West

Orlando vs Grizzlies in the Finals

Yes!

I love you, man! laugh.gif

+!

#13 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Zack @ Oct 26 2010, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the Heat are the #1 team I'm rooting against this year......#2 is Lakers......and Mavs #3

tonights game made my night....when ray allen hit that corner 3 to seal the game in the final minute, I got very animated with joy

+1 as well sir, +1!

Great to finally have a more hated team than teh lakers!

#14 GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,926 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Zack @ Oct 26 2010, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ray Allen is so cold blooded it's sickening...

I love watching him when he's got it clicking. But I still have nightmares about that circus shot in the Forum last year when we had a chance to take Boston down.

#15 MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,939 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:42 AM

smh...people really can't be this shortsighted

#16 Memphissippi

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:44 AM

God forbid the Heat lose their first game against the conference finals champs of all people.

You guys act like they got blowed out by the T'wolves or something

#17 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,253 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

I was told last night by an older gentleman about something Red used to say. They'd talk about the new "dynasty" in Los Angeles. You know what Red said?

"THE DYNASTY IS RIGHT HERE !"

Miami is exactly what Miami has always been. A flashy team in a fun city that at the end of the day, is second rate. They can't stay with the big dogs for the long run.

The Heat will get it together but not in this season with that roster and that coach. And there will be no "dynasty" other than another ring for Shaq. For those who obviously didn't watch the game- the Heat were held to 9 first quarter points and 30 first half points. Chris Bosh didn't look like he belonged in the NBA. Wade looked like he was a rookie. It was pitiful. Once they got rolling it was at least entertaining but they have miles to go before calling themselves a "team".

#18 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,253 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

ohh - and can you believe Eddie House has the audacity to wear JWill's #55!? laugh.gif

#19 GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,926 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Oct 27 2010, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smh...people really can't be this shortsighted

I said this before the season started. Hell I said it as soon as LeBron announced to the entire world that he was taking his talents to South Beach.

I've said it all along. No size/length in the post + no defense + no experience together = no finals appearance for the Heat.

There are two reasons why Orlando and Boston are better than Miami.

1. Size in the post
2. Defense

#20 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (GF#1 @ Oct 27 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I said this before the season started. Hell I said it as soon as LeBron announced to the entire world that he was taking his talents to South Beach.

I've said it all along. No size/length in the post + no defense + no experience together = no finals appearance for the Heat.

There are two reasons why Orlando and Boston are better than Miami.

1. Size in the post
2. Defense

Size in the post may be issue, but they'll be fine on the defensive end. Wade and Lebron are All-NBA defenders and Haslem is as good as you get at the pf spot. The problem, as I mentioned above, is a lack of identity. The Lakers have the triangle. The Celtics hang their hat on defense. The Magic play inside-out. The Suns run and gun. Last night, the Heat's offense looked more anemic than the Cavs at any point in the Lebron era.

Essentially, the Heat have three go-to players who can take over games at any time. That will win a lot of games. But they need to find a way to play together in a coherent way. That's what the big 3 did in Boston. Each player changed aspects of his game to fit a team concept. The coach in Miami has his work cut for him.