119 replies to this topic

#81 pardon_my_interruption

pardon_my_interruption

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,063 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

There is no longer a link back to the main page (Memphis Grizzlies.com) on the Fan Board.

#82 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

PMI, are you using IE6?

The only browser it doesn't show up on (per my testing), is IE6. I've got it showing up on Firefox, IE7, and Safari. I've been alerted to the IE6 problem, and it's on my list of stuff, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

QUOTE (pardonmyinterruption @ Sep 8 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no longer a link back to the main page (Memphis Grizzlies.com) on the Fan Board.

#83 pardon_my_interruption

pardon_my_interruption

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,063 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (JorgeP @ Sep 8 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PMI, are you using IE6?

The only browser it doesn't show up on (per my testing), is IE6. I've got it showing up on Firefox, IE7, and Safari. I've been alerted to the IE6 problem, and it's on my list of stuff, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Yes.

#84 Mempho Man

Mempho Man

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

Nice looking upgrade.. wink.gif

WOW Just one post....what happened to the posts I had on the older version.

#85 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (MemphoMan @ Sep 11 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice looking upgrade.. wink.gif

WOW Just one post....what happened to the posts I had on the older version.

Andy, send me a PM so we can straighten this out. Thanks.

JorgeP

#86 Mempho Man

Mempho Man

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (JorgeP @ Sep 12 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andy, send me a PM so we can straighten this out. Thanks.

JorgeP

Done! smile.gif

#87 pardon_my_interruption

pardon_my_interruption

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,063 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

Delete button comes and goes.

Can't edit the topic of a post. But can edit the post itself.

#88 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (pardonmyinterruption @ Sep 18 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Delete button comes and goes.

Can't edit the topic of a post. But can edit the post itself.

If I'm understanding correctly, this is actually correct. Once you create a topic and start a discussion, you can't go back and change the topic. It's like if you serve a delicious plate of spaghetti, you can't take it back and change it to ravioli after people have started eating.

#89 pardon_my_interruption

pardon_my_interruption

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,063 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (JorgeP @ Sep 19 2008, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I'm understanding correctly, this is actually correct. Once you create a topic and start a discussion, you can't go back and change the topic. It's like if you serve a delicious plate of spaghetti, you can't take it back and change it to ravioli after people have started eating.

Not trying to change the meal.

Just the plate it's presented on before people actually start eating... laugh.gif

I do remember we could do this prior to the new version.

People often misspell words in the topic. Under this method you can't even correct a misspelling.

#90 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (pardonmyinterruption @ Sep 22 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not trying to change the meal.

Just the plate it's presented on before people actually start eating... laugh.gif

I do remember we could do this prior to the new version.

People often misspell words in the topic. Under this method you can't even correct a misspelling.

Good point. I've set the permission to allow topic-starters to edit the topic.

#91 bgassassin

bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,519 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:48 AM

Hey Jorge, I just got this screen "This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota ". What did I do wrong so I can avoid doing that again?

#92 bystander

bystander

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (bgassassin @ Sep 29 2008, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Jorge, I just got this screen "This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota ". What did I do wrong so I can avoid doing that again?

That's a server issue not an user issue, you did nothing wrong. And it's not a big deal, just wait a few seconds or minutes and try again.

#93 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:36 AM

Our apologies for the offensive post that appeared here this morning.

Thanks to those who reported it.

#94 bgassassin

bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,519 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:29 AM

100 post requirement for topics would work wonders. I think it's about time. Would keep spam and redundant threads in check.

#95 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (bgassassin @ Jan 30 2009, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
100 post requirement for topics would work wonders. I think it's about time. Would keep spam and redundant threads in check.

I second that motion.

#96 SC Grizz

SC Grizz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (bgassassin @ Jan 30 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Third. Please.

#97 CashConsiderationsFan

CashConsiderationsFan

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

+1

OR

I am now 1 post closer to 100. Would doing this 50-60 more times make me a better poster? This may be a case of be careful what you wish for. In theory, it sounds good, but it could have some awful consequences.

#98 JenkzMEMPHIS

JenkzMEMPHIS

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Sports, Film and Video, Music, Gettin Crunk.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

I'm just not a fan of this so called "100 post rule". Theres more good than bad out there. I'm not yet at 100 posts but I like to think I bring meaningful conversation to the boards. Hypothetically speaking, let's just say the Grizzlies acquire Amare Stoudamire in a trade at some weird hour of the night. Well, I'm not at 100 posts yet, so I can't post the story here. I have to sit and wait until the morning time and wait until someone else posts it to add my thoughts.

The rule would discourage posting in my opinion, which is not what you want on a message board.

Unless it is possible to physically take away the new topic button for posters under 100 posts, I don't see how this would help anyways. Spammers are here for one reason, spamming. They are going to spam and get out. They don't care if there username is banned because there job they came to do is already accomplished.

You also have some Grizzlies fans who just don't "get it", I guess. Those who just make "dumb" threads. Guys, if they do it now, there's a 99% chance that 99 posts later, nothing will have changed. I'm just saying.

That's just my opinion. Keep it like it is. If you guys find it to be a problem, find a few people to volunteer as mods and let them merge/delete threads.

#99 bgassassin

bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,519 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (JenkzUM @ Jan 30 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just not a fan of this so called "100 post rule". Theres more good than bad out there. I'm not yet at 100 posts but I like to think I bring meaningful conversation to the boards. Hypothetically speaking, let's just say the Grizzlies acquire Amare Stoudamire in a trade at some weird hour of the night. Well, I'm not at 100 posts yet, so I can't post the story here. I have to sit and wait until the morning time and wait until someone else posts it to add my thoughts.

The rule would discourage posting in my opinion, which is not what you want on a message board.

Unless it is possible to physically take away the new topic button for posters under 100 posts, I don't see how this would help anyways. Spammers are here for one reason, spamming. They are going to spam and get out. They don't care if there username is banned because there job they came to do is already accomplished.

You also have some Grizzlies fans who just don't "get it", I guess. Those who just make "dumb" threads. Guys, if they do it now, there's a 99% chance that 99 posts later, nothing will have changed. I'm just saying.

That's just my opinion. Keep it like it is. If you guys find it to be a problem, find a few people to volunteer as mods and let them merge/delete threads.

Sorry but that's not a justifiable reason to me. When we hear the news, we'll hear it. It's not like it would be exclusive to that time only. I've posted on a board with the rule (and yes the new topic button is not there for sub-100 posters) and it works great. In fact that board also requires preapproval, but that's another story.

It doesn't discourage posting at all. In fact it helps weed out the bad posters. As you said if they are making stupid posts now, then hopefully they will be banned before being allowed to make threads as well. This would in turn encourage better posting. Plus the spammers were coming in making threads advertising their stuff. That doesn't happen with the rule in place.

This next part I'm not saying this in regards to you, but if a person is only making threads and posting in the threads they make then they are aren't contributing much to the board itself.

#100 JenkzMEMPHIS

JenkzMEMPHIS

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Sports, Film and Video, Music, Gettin Crunk.

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:01 AM

Your reasons for the rule are just as justifiable as my reasons against the rule.

Exhibit A: http://boards.grizzl...?showtopic=4765

Where are all the "100 post rule" people at in that thread? Oh yeah, that's right, yippe has close to 800 posts. I didn't see any of you in that thread yellin at him because he posted something that had already been posted. It DOES discourage posting and runs away potential new members. If they can't post like everyone else, why join? There are plenty of other Grizzlies message boards our there that will let them create their own threads.

Face it. These boards aren't exactly the most active message boards on the internet. Since I've been here I've seen maybe 3 to 4 different threads created in the main forum per day. If you can't handle 1 dupe post (that would get deleted or merged if you left it alone in the first place) every few days then you have some problems. Either your extremely sensitive or you've never been exposed to something I like to call the real world.