Photo

Game Of Thrones (G.o.t) No Spoilers Please!

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#21 TheStephensonConundrum

TheStephensonConundrum

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

you are free to share that information i'm very anti Lannister except for tyrion!

My dream would be for Arya and Bran to link up and make a play for the iron throne.

#22 Lordninja11

Lordninja11

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

i am interested in how their story will turn out

#23 Lordninja11

Lordninja11

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

I used to be bookish when I was younger but now, arrgghhh just can't stick with reading anymore. What happened with the priestess did she give him a son?

"a mind needs a book like a sword needs a wet stone" haha

#24 TheStephensonConundrum

TheStephensonConundrum

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

"a mind needs a book like a sword needs a wet stone" haha

I read newspapers and mags and definitely a lot of internet articles, reading a novel seems to be an inefficient way to use time lol. But I did buy a book last year, titled World War Z it's really a good read and I think there's a movie coming out. You might like it since you're a fan of the walking dead. Stopped watching it after Shane double crossed Otis and left him to die. Hated that so bad.

#25 Lordninja11

Lordninja11

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

I read newspapers and mags and definitely a lot of internet articles, reading a novel seems to be an inefficient way to use time lol. But I did buy a book last year, titled World War Z it's really a good read and I think there's a movie coming out. You might like it since you're a fan of the walking dead. Stopped watching it after Shane double crossed Otis and left him to die. Hated that so bad.

i hate reading lol

#26 TT_Grizz

TT_Grizz

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Who does everyone think would be the best king?

I reckon Stannis or Robb Stark

#27 Lordninja11

Lordninja11

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

Who does everyone think would be the best king?

I reckon Stannis or Robb Stark

i though Renly would be or Tyrion he seem like he is the only sane lannister

#28 Lordninja11

Lordninja11

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

One thing I like about this show is that it is filled with so many quotes, what are some of your fav quotes? "Power is power" so simple and so true

#29 Grinder 901

Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

ok my top 3 current shows are as follows: Game of Thrones, Dexter, The walking dead. some other good show i like is 24(yeah i know im late) white collar on USA. breaking bad, homeland. awake on nbc was pretty good the ending was kind of crappy though. i seen some of you guys talk about the community...whats that about

Holy crap man yes. The walking dead is an amazing show. I am so ready for the zombie apocalypse

#30 Grinder 901

Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I have read World War Z three times and bought the audio book on CD. The CD won awards and is amazing. I let several friends borrow the book and my dad has the CDs now. I think the new movie with Brad Pitt is going to be very different from the book unfortunately. Hope it doesn't bomb.

#31 Lordninja11

Lordninja11

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

I have read World War Z three times and bought the audio book on CD. The CD won awards and I amazing. I let several friends borrow the book and my dad has the CDs now. I think the new movie with Brad Pitt is going to be very different from the book unfortunately. Hope it doesn't bomb.

i will have to check this out

#32 TheStephensonConundrum

TheStephensonConundrum

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

I have read World War Z three times and bought the audio book on CD. The CD won awards and is amazing. I let several friends borrow the book and my dad has the CDs now. I think the new movie with Brad Pitt is going to be very different from the book unfortunately. Hope it doesn't bomb.

Yeah I saw the superfast zombies in the trailer and I was like WTF? That was nothing like the book. I actually liked it so much that after reading a free e-book, I went to the bookstore just to buy and read it on paperback, it's not that long too.

#33 Lordninja11

Lordninja11

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Yeah I saw the superfast zombies in the trailer and I was like WTF? That was nothing like the book. I actually liked it so much that after reading a free e-book, I went to the bookstore just to buy and read it on paperback, it's not that long too.

Free! How I Get this

#34 GrizzedByBluffCity

GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,322 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

It's really hard answering your questions having read all the way through. and not spoil it for you guys. I just say that I think you'll learn to like Dany and the Targaryans more as it unfolds. remember she is just a child to start out. she's barely in high school age. The books are very easy to read, just quite long but well worth it. The show only gives you a small glimpse - but does a great job at covering a ton of material in a short amount of time. Also something that happens on screen for a split second could be something that was developed for a long time in the book. And your opinion of characters can be influenced by their physical appearance on the show. Positive and negative. I defintiely recommend trying them out. For me I have a hard time with the way people look on the show compared to how I viewed them from readin the books.

#35 Acehigh718

Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,650 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

I've got to be honest, I haven't read any posts in this thread yet to save chance of spoilers.

I just started watching the series and I'm hooked. At the moment I am about six or seven episodes into the first season. Don't think that I'll be able to catch up before season three premieres, but I'll be sure to chime in on the discussion when I do!

#36 Lordninja11

Lordninja11

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I've got to be honest, I haven't read any posts in this thread yet to save chance of spoilers.

I just started watching the series and I'm hooked. At the moment I am about six or seven episodes into the first season. Don't think that I'll be able to catch up before season three premieres, but I'll be sure to chime in on the discussion when I do!

only 10 a season u can do that in 3 days lol

#37 ebevan91

ebevan91

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

only 10 a season u can do that in 3 days lol

All you gotta do is watch like 3 episodes per day.

#38 Lordninja11

Lordninja11

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

dang it's only tuseday hurry up week im ready for some G.O.T

#39 TheStephensonConundrum

TheStephensonConundrum

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Tough last few weeks for a passionate Grizzlies fan like myself, I need my GOT fix. Rewatched Season 1 these past few days.

#40 Acehigh718

Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,650 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Alright, I'm getting there! Starting now I'm running a marathon around tonight's Grizz game (before and after). Currently on season 2 episode 5.