#22 Memfizz

Memfizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

Charlotte jersey?

And how are we suppose to know that CA stands for commercial appeal, I mean come on man.

Chandler is a disappointment, nothing new

#23 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,650 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

He's going on a trip lol. 

Some of you talking like he was caught drunk driving, being reckless in public or fighting people on the street. 

Those are acceptable behaviors for many NBA fans.  Taking a vacation is not.

#24 srmjr23

srmjr23

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

Some of you that think I'm reaching obviously didn't read Calkins' Article in the Commercial Appeal. It details how Parsons seems to enjoy flaunting his wealth in spite of sub par performance thus far on the court. It also talks about how he responded to the CJ MaCullum earlier this year by saying he "Literally hit the lottery", referencing his max contract.

I pointed out the vaca not because I don't think he should take it, nor do I think he is wrong for accepting every penny the Grizz offered him (I put that on the Grizz). I do think he needs to walk more humbly, because flaunting unearned money is assign of general meat headedness and arrogant snot-ness.

It is Calkins job and Gary Parish and John Martin to talk about ****. Just because they think it, doesn't necessarily make it true.

#25 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,047 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

Dude needs to be in the gym instead of in cancun. How is this guy going to help anybody win a championship.

#26 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

This is so stupid. Dude is living a dream life. Let him enjoy it. You guys sound jealous

#27 Thomas

Thomas

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

God Calkins is such a cheese d***.

#28 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

Dude needs to be in the gym instead of in cancun. How is this guy going to help anybody win a championship.

Imo, the whole team needs to spend some practice time in the gym during this lay off time. They look like they need to work on getting better. They have this summer to take a vacation.. Starting in late Feb. game results will determine play-off seeding. With the team healthy now the players need to communicate and mesh together in order to be a more cohesive basketball team.

#29 The Truth is OUT

The Truth is OUT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,006 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

It's one thing to say this isn't worth getting upset about, but are you all really happy about this?  This doesn't grate on anybody's nerves around here?

I'm all for the young man enjoying his wealth, but Calkins calling him tone deaf in this situation is pretty spot on.  Dude is getting into twitter wars and showing his jet in his pics.  Meanwhile, Z-bo just paid some MLGW bills for the umpteenth time.  

One shows gratitude.  The other doesn't.  One shows a desire to connect with the fan base. The other does not.  But everybody here is taking the position that the boy got paid, so he should be making it rain - ***** - on your heads - while you say "aaaahhhhh".

#30 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,047 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

It's one thing to say this isn't worth getting upset about, but are you all really happy about this?  This doesn't grate on anybody's nerves around here?

I'm all for the young man enjoying his wealth, but Calkins calling him tone deaf in this situation is pretty spot on.  Dude is getting into twitter wars and showing his jet in his pics.  Meanwhile, Z-bo just paid some MLGW bills for the umpteenth time.  

One shows gratitude.  The other doesn't.  One shows a desire to connect with the fan base. The other does not.  But everybody here is taking the position that the boy got paid, so he should be making it rain - ***** - on your heads - while you say "aaaahhhhh".

not everybody

#31 chasingpapes

chasingpapes

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

What pisses me off more is that i rock a Alonzo Mourning Hornets jersey too n now theres gonna be copycats no doubt smh

#32 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,650 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:27 AM

I'm glad Chandler is headed to Cancun. Maybe he can figure out how to shoot a ball into the ocean without missing there.

#33 LuvThem Grizzlies

LuvThem Grizzlies

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:13 AM

I'm glad Chandler is headed to Cancun. Maybe he can figure out how to shoot a ball into the ocean without missing there.

Are you saying he couldn't hit the Mississippi? :0)

#34 The_PROOF

The_PROOF

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

He can do what he wants with his free time. It's the mid-season break, most players do that.

I do think it's alarming how unbothered he seems to be with his struggles this season....but oh well.

#35 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,957 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

This is a pretty tough call for me.

On the one hand, he has a week off, and he has the right to do whatever he wishes to do with his time and money. On the other hand, he's producing below average results on the court, and his team will be making a playoff run in 2 months time.

When the season is over, do whatever you want. But the fact that this is so well publicized and well known to everyone is the issue for me. Like when the Giants receivers went to Miami. Do what you want, whatever. But what are you doing snapchatting and taking instagram pictures on a boat without shirts on? Knowing it would create a distraction for your team.

For Parsons, this just isn't the best image that he could portray to concerned Grizzlies fans. And now you've got Calkins coming off the top rope on you. One could argue his judgment in this situation is questionable.

Again, It's his time and money and he can do what he wants. However, I'd prefer him working on his game and conditioning, and I would hope that he would feel it important enough to prioritize that over a trip that he could take when the season ends.

#36 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

Im sure half of the team is on vacation right now and how do you know he isn't rehabbing the knee while he's in Chancun?

Social Media is obviously a huge thing these days so of course players are going to post picture of their vacation. Again this is just silly and reeks of envy.

#37 Jay_Bizzy

Jay_Bizzy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:36 PM

I'd imagine he'll be getting some shots up while on vacation.

#38 VikingWarrior

VikingWarrior

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

Im sure half of the team is on vacation right now and how do you know he isn't rehabbing the knee while he's in Chancun?

Social Media is obviously a huge thing these days so of course players are going to post picture of their vacation. Again this is just silly and reeks of envy.

This!

He is posting vids of working out. How would you like it if your employer told you vacation is cancelled because you missed time for surgery and you could only partly contribute as you healed up,

#39 Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

For $94 Million Guaranteed, I do whatever they want me to do to show my worth.

#40 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,047 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

Social Media is obviously a huge thing these days so of course players are going to post picture of their vacation. Again this is just silly and reeks of envy.

Lol, he's rehabbing his knee while getting spit glitter on his chest from a random skank.
Dude has insatiable appetite for pole dipping.