300 replies to this topic

#1 Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

Apparently, Chandler Parsons is a very hospitable guy...with his "Posse" LOL!!! (Check the CA)

And to think., there are people with the Grizz and fans who actually thought Parsons was the answer to what the Grizz needed SMDH!!!!

#2 New_Sacred_Cow

New_Sacred_Cow

1st Team

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Yeah lets not forget most of the players in the league taking a vacation during the break. How dare he.

#3 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

I think the Grizz need to clone Zbo 14 times and play them the whole game

#4 Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

It 's not that he took a vacation during the All-Star Break. It s that he is flaunting his wealth, while many feel the Grizz aren't getting what they paid for out of him, especially considering the nature of his injuries, which I'm sure he or his agent were selling that weren't that significant. I think the times call for a little more humility than he's been showing. I'm getting "Beiber" vibes from him,. and its not good.  

#5 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:19 PM

You're reaching man

#6 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

He's not even 30. Let him have fun if he wants or he's going to be angsty in Memphis anyways.

Sure I like hard worker dedicated type players, but not everyone is that.

Everyone goes on vacations during AS break, it speeds rest up for many. Mental rest forsure.

You can have fun and still be good.

He probably won't be good though. Regardless.

#7 Xerion

Xerion

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Interests:Sports, agriculture, photography, computers

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

I'm very unhappy about this, how can he not be ashamed for his play and everything this season, I don't get it... it doesn't even look like he cares. What a prima donna

#8 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:24 PM

Should he go lock himself in a room somewhere and cry?^

#9 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

I'm very unhappy about this, how can he not be ashamed for his play and everything this season, I don't get it... it doesn't even look like he cares. What a prima donna

He doesn't care. He's not that type of player. He's set for life honestly.

I wish he weren't like that either but that's his personality gotta live with it.

#10 BHZMAFIA

BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

He's going on a trip lol. 

Some of you talking like he was caught drunk driving, being reckless in public or fighting people on the street. 

#11 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

What is the CA anyways?

#12 Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

Some of you that think I'm reaching obviously didn't read Calkins' Article in the Commercial Appeal. It details how Parsons seems to enjoy flaunting his wealth in spite of sub par performance thus far on the court. It also talks about how he responded to the CJ MaCullum earlier this year by saying he "Literally hit the lottery", referencing his max contract.

I pointed out the vaca not because I don't think he should take it, nor do I think he is wrong for accepting every penny the Grizz offered him (I put that on the Grizz). I do think he needs to walk more humbly, because flaunting unearned money is assign of general meat headedness and arrogant snot-ness.

#13 New_Sacred_Cow

New_Sacred_Cow

1st Team

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

Newsflash. A ton of athletes flaunt their wealth.

Also "unearned money"? Players get contracts based on past performance and talent level and that is exactly what he got.

#14 GoGrizz!

GoGrizz!

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:36 PM

Man, Chandler Parsons is taking a trip while he has a week off, HOW DARE HE!!! HOW DARE YOU CHANDLER!

Really just get a life. He's not the only one.

#15 The Stro Show

The Stro Show

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

hahahahaha

#16 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:47 PM

Some of you that think I'm reaching obviously didn't read Calkins' Article in the Commercial Appeal. It details how Parsons seems to enjoy flaunting his wealth in spite of sub par performance thus far on the court. It also talks about how he responded to the CJ MaCullum earlier this year by saying he "Literally hit the lottery", referencing his max contract.

I pointed out the vaca not because I don't think he should take it, nor do I think he is wrong for accepting every penny the Grizz offered him (I put that on the Grizz). I do think he needs to walk more humbly, because flaunting unearned money is assign of general meat headedness and arrogant snot-ness.

I see your point but it does seem like nit-picking at first glance.  Parsons is probably hurting his "brand" by being such a social media junkie right now. 

I would have a hard time seeing Mike or Marc showing such public displays as Parsons.  However, I think they generally more mature than him anyway.  

#17 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,651 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Rich people flaunt their wealth.

Water is wet.

#18 Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:56 PM

Conley, Z-Bo. Gasol have all made more money than Parsons (and have more justification in earning it), are they flaunting it ?!?!?! Its not nit-picking when we just saw the Grizz lose to the Pelicans at home and Parsons scores 9 pts as a max player "flaunting his wealth".

A big part of the team's success going forward is Parsons living and playing up to that max deal. The foreseeable future of this team depends on it. I don't see Parsons doing much more than what he has already done. Past performance means nothing to the Grizz. Dallas and Houston are not paying him this deal, the Grizz are. They need him to produce for the Grizz.

Edited to add: We are still in Memphis. Get your money, but if you are going to be "out there", trust somebody will catch him slippin'. Easy come, easy go. Thus, he should walk more humbly.

#19 Jay_Bizzy

Jay_Bizzy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

What a pathetic thread

#20 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

Was it stupid, immature and inconsiderate? Probably yes, considering he hasn't been producing and has been injured most of the past 2 seasons. Is it the end of the world? No. i more concerned with him having on a Charlotte jersey. Just looks stupid. Wear an NFL jersey or something.