Mr. Mayoly

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Draft Someone Good @ Aug 8 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How? I can just quote what you posted.

Interestingly, I just hit the reply button (the one beside the quote button) just now and it automatically quoted you. Didn't expect that.

But to answer your question, just turn on the quote button for each post you wish to quote, then hit the reply button at the bottom of the page.

Unfortunately, under the old board, you could highlight with your cursor the portion you wished to quote and when you hit the quote button, it would only contain what you highlighted and not the full post. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

#43 Draft Someone Good

Draft Someone Good

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Mayoly @ Aug 8 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interestingly, I just hit the reply button (the one beside the quote button) just now and it automatically quoted you. Didn't expect that.

But to answer your question, just turn on the quote button for each post you wish to quote, then hit the reply button at the bottom of the page.

Unfortunately, under the old board, you could highlight with your cursor the portion you wished to quote and when you hit the quote button, it would only contain what you highlighted and not the full post. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

I don't seem to be able do it because if I could my "How? I can only quote what you posted." would be quoted here too.

#44 Mr. Mayoly

Mr. Mayoly

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Draft Someone Good @ Aug 8 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How? I can just quote what you posted.

QUOTE (Mr. Mayoly @ Aug 8 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Draft Someone Good @ Aug 8 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't seem to be able do it because if I could my "How? I can only quote what you posted." would be quoted here too.

Works for me. Tell me exactly what you are doing.

#45 GrizzWiz

GrizzWiz

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

I also noticed that in older threads (pre-revamp) there are some problems. For example, I've noticed that some of the quotes are gone. It will simply say "quote", but the actual quote is missing. It's probably not worth going back and fixing since it is only a problem for older threads. But is does make them difficult to read since some of the material is missing.

#46 Neon Leon

Neon Leon

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Mayoly @ Aug 8 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just turn on the quote button for each post you wish to quote, then hit the reply button at the bottom of the page.

Good find, Mayoly. I was wondering why that "Quote" button was below each post, when clicking the "Reply" button under a post automatically quotes it.

So to reiterate, you can click the "Quote" button under multiple posts on a page, then click the "Reply" button at the bottom of the page, and all the posts you selected will be quoted. Nice feature.

Chip will be beside himself with glee. cool.gif

#47 Mr. Mayoly

Mr. Mayoly

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Neon Leon @ Aug 8 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good find, Mayoly. I was wondering why that "Quote" button was below each post, when clicking the "Reply" button under a post automatically quotes it.

So to reiterate, you can click the "Quote" button under multiple posts on a page, then click the "Reply" button at the bottom of the page, and all the posts you selected will be quoted. Nice feature.

Yes. It MUST be the reply button AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. It does not work hitting a reply button attached to a post. I suspect that's what draft someone good was doing.

#48 pardon_my_interruption

pardon_my_interruption

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,063 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:40 PM

Can we fix the 'no delete' a post issue please?

#49 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (pardonmyinterruption @ Aug 8 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can we fix the 'no delete' a post issue please?

There you go.

#50 SC Grizz

SC Grizz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

Wow, I just got this thing to work (finally) but there is a lot more stuff to do on here. blink.gif

I'll have to play around on here a bit more before I figure it all out.

Nice upgrade! And great news about J. Smith!

Holla

#51 NancyW

NancyW

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Interests:Sports, mainly NBA and MLB but I sometimes watch NFL, sports related travel, animals, reading murder mysteries such as James Patterson novels, and listening to music.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

This is trivial but could you guys put a link on the boards which will lead back to Grizzlies.com? If there IS one and I'm blind, please let men know . laugh.gif

#52 Neon Leon

Neon Leon

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (NancyW(Rudy's still my favor @ Aug 8 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is trivial but could you guys put a link on the boards which will lead back to Grizzlies.com? If there IS one and I'm blind, please let men know . laugh.gif
Oh, c'mon, Nancy... the admins of this board aren't sexist at all. I'm sure they'll let everybody know - not just the men! laugh.gif

#53 Draft Someone Good

Draft Someone Good

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Neon Leon @ Aug 8 2008, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chip will be beside himself with glee. cool.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Mayoly @ Aug 8 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. It MUST be the reply button AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. It does not work hitting a reply button attached to a post. I suspect that's what draft someone good was doing.

Yeah, I was hitting the reply button attached to the post. I get how to do it now.

#54 memphian901

memphian901

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:02 AM

great job jorge. time the grizzlies messageboards moved on from the old style ...

#55 El Lobo

El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:07 AM

Why do I have to log in every time I click on to the board site. Before you went to the new format I automatically was logged in every day I visited the boards. Why the extra step of logging in? I use my same home computer. Is this the same for everyone? No big problem. I "m just asking
PS: My posted log in time is still wrong. Now it's 6 hours later than the time I actually posted.

#56 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (jd @ Aug 9 2008, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do I have to log in every time I click on to the board site. Before you went to the new format I automatically was logged in every day I visited the boards. Why the extra step of logging in? I use my same home computer. Is this the same for everyone? No big problem. I "m just asking
PS: My posted log in time is still wrong. Now it's 6 hours later than the time I actually posted.

You shouldn't have to log in every time. Is your browser set to allow cookies? Check that first.

As for posted time, this is something I should've pointed out before: In your Control Panel, under Options (on the left) click on Board Settings and adjust your time zone.

#57 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (NancyW(Rudy's still my favor @ Aug 8 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Nancy, this is on the short list of things to do. It might have to be Monday or Tuesday.

#58 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (memphian901 @ Aug 9 2008, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great job jorge. time the grizzlies messageboards moved on from the old style ...

Thanks. Agreed. We're modern, baby!

#59 El Lobo

El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (JorgeP @ Aug 9 2008, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You shouldn't have to log in every time. Is your browser set to allow cookies? Check that first.

As for posted time, this is something I should've pointed out before: In your Control Panel, under Options (on the left) click on Board Settings and adjust your time zone.

Not sure about my browser allowing cookies, i thought it did. Perhaps not. I did change to CST. Will see if it works . Thanks Jorge, you guys are doing a great job. By the way can any one of you play PF. We need one :DPS
PS: Post time works fine now.

#60 JorgeP

JorgeP

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (jd @ Aug 9 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure about my browser allowing cookies, i thought it did. Perhaps not. I did change to CST. Will see if it works . Thanks Jorge, you guys are doing a great job. By the way can any one of you play PF. We need one :DPS
PS: Post time works fine now.

OK, good.

A 5'7" guy should only be playing point, or the 2 maybe. I was pretty good about 5 or 6 years ago, but now I'd probably have a major coronary after 10 minutes.