119 replies to this topic

#101 bgassassin

bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,519 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

Well to be honest, I didn't even notice that thread till you linked it. So yeah in that situation you would need a mod to come in and take care of that. Doesn't prove your point though. Check this guy out for example:

http://boards.grizzl...p?showuser=8730

Four posts and three were topics and one was a response in his own topic. And those three topics didn't add anything to the board. Then there was the influx of spammers and then the Portland posters.

Like I've said I've been on a messageboard with this in place and it does not discourage people from posting or joining. It actually helps people become better posters since they get a feel of what's going on before posting. For you to said it DOES discourage it has no basis when I've experienced it knowing it does not. After all you joined last year and two out of all your posts were topics. Not having the rule in place hasn't encouraged you to post more. So why believe having it would discourage posters?

To talk about the activity of this board and then mention other boards to me seems to show you haven't posted on them. This board was like the third or fourth one I came across. Activity-wise this one blows the others away. That includes RealGM which would be a distant second. If they want to go to the others and make a topic then let them. All this is about is keeping an orderly board. The "real world" and "extremely sensitive" comments have no relevancy to this.

Obviously you don't want it and obviously I do. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree since we won't be able to convince the other.

#102 BnaBreaker

BnaBreaker

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

Bring on the 100 post rule! I'm so sick of these silly little kids signing up just so they can whine about their favorite player not getting enough playing time, or fans of other teams signing up just so they can spam our forum.

Obviously, if all the new posters were bad, we wouldn't have built such a great group of people over the years. But I think it's worth it to have all rookies wait a few weeks or months (depending on how often they post) to be given the ability to start a new thread. It's not like they wouldn't be allowed to contribute to discussions. They'd just have to prove that they were committed to being a good poster beforehand.

#103 GrizzliesIQYO

GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

im down..

YO

#104 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

100 post rule is a great idea....

it is very easy to join discussions without starting a new thread....

#105 Guest_truebluememphian_*

Guest_truebluememphian_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

F the 100 post rule and all that support it. This land is for all of us!!!

#106 Draft Someone Good

Draft Someone Good

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:00 AM

I think the site administators have said before there's not going to be a 100 post rule.

Another site I post at has a 25 post limit for starting new threads in the off-topic forum, because it kept getting filled with random spam. But the other forums are unlimited.

The post limit cut out all the random spam in that forum. The new posters accumulate 25 posts rather quickly in the on-topic forums.

#107 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,685 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

I have never started a thread. I have seen equally stupid thread topics from oldtimers as well as newcomers. I have also seen equally insightful and thought provoking topics from newcomers as well as old. These boards should be for everyone's enjoyment. The 100 post rule is not necessary.

#108 Vladanfor31

Vladanfor31

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:33 AM

yay 100 post rule biggrin.gif

#109 Memphicity

Memphicity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

100 post rule does nothing.

a person could join and hit reply then blank 100 times in 5 minutes then start all the thread they wanted.

#110 bystander

bystander

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

Nice thing the news about the upcoming games, in up right corner.

BTW, anyone knows how activate the fast reply in all the message board ?

#111 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,066 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

There should be a 100 post requirement to start new threads.

And to prevent a new poster from replying foolishly 100 times in the same day just to be eligible to start a new thread, there should also be a one week requirement from the time that you register.

#112 sittnduck

sittnduck

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

It is ridiculous to consider a 100 post rule. Not everyone posts, they read, but it doesn't mean when they do want to post they shouldn't be allowed to. Your measure of contribution is by quantity only, thats just crazy. We have enough censorship everywhere else these days, this board belongs to all the fans, not just the regulars. Lighten up.

#113 bystander

bystander

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:24 AM

100 post rule sucks.

#114 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,066 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

I don't like the added banner to the right side of the boards.

It cuts off too much horizontal space for the actual forum. Not to mention that SixthMan's game threads are all jacked up because of it.

#115 bystander

bystander

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (GF#1 @ Feb 18 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't like the added banner to the right side of the boards.

#116 kenneth twigg whalum jr

kenneth twigg whalum jr

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (JorgeP @ Aug 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to the new Grizzlies Fan Boards. (The conversion took us about twice as long as we'd hoped, but we're up and everything's looking good.)

Signing in:
All member accounts should have transfered over with all info except passwords.
So click on "Log In" above, and then "I've forgotten my password! Click Here!" in the yellow area.
You will receive an email with further instructions...
** When entering the letters you see in the security code image, use capital letters**
A second quick email sent to you will include your new password. Use that to log in.

Now, you probably don't want to use that password again. Once you're in, click on "Controls" above to get to your Control Panel (with lots of new stuff). At the bottom of the left column, find "Change Password" to set it to something you'll remember.

I need someone to join me in making this happen.

ESPN's David Aldridge is a key figure on the televised MLK every January.

He recently made big news when he openly suggested that the Grizzlies be moved from Memphis to just about anywhere else.

I know there's nothing I can do as a single fan, but do we HAVE to sit back and allow him to be so prominently featured this coming January?

Will someone join me in DEMANDING that the network assign someone else those duties???

What's new:
The big new thing is your profile page. Once you're logged in, click on "My Profile" above to see it.

You can add other fans as friends, rate other members, upload a personal photo, and a few other things.

To see other fans' profiles, click on "Members" at the top (under the search box) to search for other fans and to see a full list of members.

Technical info:
We've moved from a "hosted" forum at Eve/Groupe to our own self-hosted IP.board (Invision Power). It was time the boards grew up and offered more standard community features (profile pages) and a better and easier-to-use interface overall. Also, the url is much easier to remember: boards.grizzliesonline.com

More:
There will be a few more features added during this offseason. We'll post updates when there's new stuff to mention.

So enjoy, and reply to this post if you have any questions or find any problems.

#117 newborn

newborn

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (JorgeP @ Aug 7 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to the new Grizzlies Fan Boards. (The conversion took us about twice as long as we'd hoped, but we're up and everything's looking good.)

Signing in:
All member accounts should have transfered over with all info except passwords.
So click on "Log In" above, and then "I've forgotten my password! Click Here!" in the yellow area.
You will receive an email with further instructions...
** When entering the letters you see in the security code image, use capital letters**
A second quick email sent to you will include your new password. Use that to log in.

Now, you probably don't want to use that password again. Once you're in, click on "Controls" above to get to your Control Panel (with lots of new stuff). At the bottom of the left column, find "Change Password" to set it to something you'll remember.

What's new:
The big new thing is your profile page. Once you're logged in, click on "My Profile" above to see it.

You can add other fans as friends, rate other members, upload a personal photo, and a few other things.

To see other fans' profiles, click on "Members" at the top (under the search box) to search for other fans and to see a full list of members.

Technical info:
We've moved from a "hosted" forum at Eve/Groupe to our own self-hosted IP.board (Invision Power). It was time the boards grew up and offered more standard community features (profile pages) and a better and easier-to-use interface overall. Also, the url is much easier to remember: boards.grizzliesonline.com

More:
There will be a few more features added during this offseason. We'll post updates when there's new stuff to mention.

So enjoy, and reply to this post if you have any questions or find any problems.

#118 newborn

newborn

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

What is the problem with the post time of day? Thanks

#119 T Grizzle

T Grizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:17 AM

Hey...

Im new to the board and has been a fan of the Grizz here in Nashville/Cashville since Shareef

Im definitely looking forward to this season

GO GRIZZ!!

#120 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,819 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Quick Question for the Mods:

Is there something I need to do to get the LIKE button to work? I think it is a wonderful addition but it constantly tells me that I have used up my maximum number of uses even though I have never been able to use it.