tennesseessio

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Memphis trades: Brandan Wright, James Ennis, Wade Baldwin

Sacramento trades: Darren Collison, Willie Cauley-Stein, ***

The Grizzlies get a rental on an elite backup PG which they desperately need. Collison happens to be playing the best basketball of his carrer right now. We also get a talented highly drafted young player languishing on a dysfunctional team who isn't getting MPG with experienced players in front of him and recently drafted players behind him. He could very well flourish in Memphis and would give us some decent, healthy MPG down the stretch of this season. Davis hasn't been reliably healthy since he's been in Memphis either. Getting off of Wright's contract will be good for our offseason exploits.

The Grizz are giving up an oft-injured and unreliable vet, and a solid player at a clogged wing position. So there's no real huge loss there. We also have Troy Williams who played well but can't get off the bench now at all and we have the rights to Rade, so Ennis is kind redundant now and in the future. We're also giving up the prospect Baldwin, but Cauley-Stein as a prospect kind of offsets that.

The Kings aren't going to the playoffs this year and esp. so w/ losing Rudy Gay to an achellies. They would be happy to make something out of Collison's expiring, so basically they are getting a solid, low-cost player in Ennis and a prospect at a need position in Baldwin for WC-S who isn't really working out for them. They are only on the hook for Wright for 1 season and his salary isn't that obtrusive anyway. He could fit into their team as a PF if healthy. I don't think they'd mind having him too much.

I think the Kings win bigger than the Grizz in this deal, but it's good for both teams.

*** The Kings will likely own their own 2nd round pick (top 55 protected) that could be included in the deal.

#2 BigHunkALove

BigHunkALove

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,959 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

Joerger didnt want Ennis in Memphis why would he want him now?

Joerger doesnt play young guys (look at BenMac, Willie,) why would he take Baldwin?

Wright aint worth a trash can right now

#3 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,833 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:12 AM

Joerger doesnt play young guys (look at BenMac, Willie,) why would he take Baldwin?

So you don't think this is an idea that needs to be discussed I take it. 

#4 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

James Ennis would jump off the Hernando de Soto bridge if we traded him to Sacramento.

#5 BigHunkALove

BigHunkALove

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,959 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

So you don't think this is an idea that needs to be discussed I take it.

cmon Chip, you know its ridiculous, why would SAC even consider it.

If it was said Tony for BenMacIII, thats more likely, MacIII wants out so SAC are gonna lose him anyway, why not get something for him that Joerger knows and can work with?

#6 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,833 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

I was being sarcastic. I agree with your opinion.

#7 tennesseessio

tennesseessio

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:38 AM

- Last I checked, Vlade Divac was the GM of the Kings.

- He'd play Baldwin cuz Baldwin would only have Lawson in front of him while WCS has Cousins and Koufos in front and Papagiannis behind. I don't know if you noticed this, but the Kings aren't going to be in the playoffs this year so maybe getting something for Collison is a good idea for them. Also remember that Vlade Divac is the GM of the Kings, not Dave Joerger.

- Wright isn't exactly the crux of the deal, is he?

#8 tennesseessio

tennesseessio

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:40 AM

cmon Chip, you know its ridiculous, why would SAC even consider it.

If it was said Tony for BenMacIII, thats more likely, MacIII wants out so SAC are gonna lose him anyway, why not get something for him that Joerger knows and can work with?

Macleamore sucks and Allen is good so why would anyone think the Grizzlies would do that.