Photo

15 To Go, Will The Grizzlies Rise In Standings?

standings playoff standings NBA playoffs

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 CarlCR

CarlCR

CarlCR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

Here's the latest look at the standings and games remaining for the 4th to 11th spots in the Western Conference.  Current standings and games remaining.

I added the fight for the 8th spot because I think it's interesting to see if Portland, Minnesota or Dallas can catch Denver for the 8th spot.

The Grizzlies will have a hard time catching OKC or LAC unless they win 11 or more of their remaining games. The 3 games against the Spurs will show if they are able to compete.

#2 IdrinkGuinness

IdrinkGuinness

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:Heavy metal, horror movies, beer, camping.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

will they drop ?

#3 lions

lions

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:sports

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:36 AM

the way the  grizzlies are playing it like being married for 30 years you come home and your wife left with the guy next door 

#4 IdrinkGuinness

IdrinkGuinness

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • Interests:Heavy metal, horror movies, beer, camping.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

the way the  grizzlies are playing it like being married for 30 years you come home and your wife left with the guy next door 

Chandler-Parsons-overweight.jpg

#5 Dwash

Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,533 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:19 AM

the way the grizzlies are playing it like being married for 30 years you come home and your wife left with the guy next door

Chandler-Parsons-overweight.jpg

Who cares if he can play basketball or not? This guy is cool.

#6 Grizzled Vet

Grizzled Vet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Tonight is pretty important:

Any slimmer of hope of getting to the 4/5 spot needs the Grizzlies to win 2 of 3 against the Spurs, and the best chance is a home game tonight.  If the Spurs have hope of a #1 seed, all 3 games will be tough.  But now they are 1.5 games behind, putting them further behind helps.

To get to the 4/5 seed, several of these need to happen.

Grizzlies beat Spurs

Warriors beat Bucks (Put Spurs back 2.5)

Cavs beat Clippers

Bulls beat Jazz

and 

Kings beat Thunder would be nice.

#7 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

The grizzlies could make up 4 games on Utah. They have a tough schedule. But the grizzlies need to win a lot.

#8 bhoyal

bhoyal

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

Grizz have a tougher end of the season to play than OKC.  Unfortunately, the odds of not finishing 7th aren't great.

But just as Jackie Moon willed his team to finish in 4th place... it could happen.

68548767.jpg

#9 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

Tonight is pretty important:

Any slimmer of hope of getting to the 4/5 spot needs the Grizzlies to win 2 of 3 against the Spurs, and the best chance is a home game tonight.  If the Spurs have hope of a #1 seed, all 3 games will be tough.  But now they are 1.5 games behind, putting them further behind helps.

To get to the 4/5 seed, several of these need to happen.

Grizzlies beat Spurs

Warriors beat Bucks (Put Spurs back 2.5)

Cavs beat Clippers

Bulls beat Jazz

and 

Kings beat Thunder would be nice.

Bad news Thunder beat the Kings.......... Portland blowing out Atlanta.

#10 lions

lions

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:sports

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

one game at a time

#11 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Bad news Thunder beat the Kings.......... Portland blowing out Atlanta.

Only scoreboard I'm watching is the jazz. The rest is irrelevant.

#12 grizzgolf

grizzgolf

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:11 AM

Go for 5th-6th

#13 Grizzled Vet

Grizzled Vet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

And down go the Thunder and the Jazz.

A Clippers loss tonight to the Knicks would make it a pretty good night. I'm not going to stay up and watch it because i don't trust the Knicks and I want to sleep.

#14 chasingpapes

chasingpapes

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

Should be noted that even tho we won the season series 3-1, the Jazz would have the tiebreaker for 4th because they'd be division winners. So technically we're 3.5 back from fourth cuz we gotta finish a game ahead of Utah. Still have a shot at it but gotta get atleast 2-3 wins on this trip.

#15 grizz1016

grizz1016

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

Should be noted that even tho we won the season series 3-1, the Jazz would have the tiebreaker for 4th because they'd be division winners. So technically we're 3.5 back from fourth cuz we gotta finish a game ahead of Utah. Still have a shot at it but gotta get atleast 2-3 wins on this trip.

Even if we tie with Utah, we would still have home court in the first round cuz of our tiebreaker inspite of the 5th seed. Not sure what happens if there's a 3 way tie.

#16 LuvThem Grizzlies

LuvThem Grizzlies

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Hey man, they won't be division winners if the Grizz tie with them.

#17 grizz1016

grizz1016

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Hey man, they won't be division winners if the Grizz tie with them.

They will be division winners assuming OKC doesn't go on a streak. Utah will get the 4th seed and we would be 5th but would have home court cuz of tie breaker. The seeds in this scenario are frankly redundant.

#18 grizzlesbies

grizzlesbies

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

I thought they changed the rules so that division winner is no longer guaranteed a top 4 seed.   I think it's just the top 8 teams by record, and if there's a tie, the first tie breaker is head to head record, and second is division winner.  I could be wrong though.

#19 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:03 AM

I told you guys the grizzlies have a shot at 4. The Jazz have a brutal schedule coming in, and while the grizzlies have a tough schedule also, they grizzlies know how to get through tough stretches scheduling-wise.

Also, the division winner does not guarantee the jazz hca. That rules was dumped a while back. If the grizzlies tie with the jazz, we get hca.

#20 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,858 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

I told you guys the grizzlies have a shot at 4. The Jazz have a brutal schedule coming in, and while the grizzlies have a tough schedule also, they grizzlies know how to get through tough stretches scheduling-wise.

Also, the division winner does not guarantee the jazz hca. That rules was dumped a while back. If the grizzlies tie with the jazz, we get hca.

I don't know how brutal the Jazz's schedule is coming down the stretch. They play SA twice in April and SA will have no reason to compete since the Jazz aren't going to be in their half of the bracket. Golden State will have wrapped up the conference before their game. They play Portland twice and Minnesota once but the only thing those teams will likely be competing for is how many ping-pong balls they will get. The only really tough games they have remaining are @ the Clippers and hosting Washington. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: standings, playoff standings, NBA playoffs