Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:02 PM

Brandan Wright + Vince Carter + Tony Allen

for

Chandler Parsons + JaVale Mcgee

Memphis gets automatically younger, Chandler can be our final solution at the SF position (once healthy) and Javale McGee can get us that shot-blocking ability that we miss... Plus we open a roster spot for a FA signing if needed.

#2 Wells

Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,998 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:05 AM

Brandan Wright + Vince Carter + Tony Allen

for

Chandler Parsons + JaVale Mcgee

Memphis gets automatically younger, Chandler can be our final solution at the SF position (once healthy) and Javale McGee can get us that shot-blocking ability that we miss... Plus we open a roster spot for a FA signing if needed.

And why would Mark Cuban be willing to do this?  This isn't NBA2K; both sides have to be willing to agree to the trade.  So, if you are going to propose a trade, you need to also give the reasons why the other team would be willing to agree to it.

Personally, while I like Parsons, I would rather bring back Allen Iverson than ever have anything to do with McGee.  This is a guy that has been given the starting center position by two different NBA teams and lost it to backups.  Athletic ability (which McGee has in spades, I don't deny that) does not mean anything without the intelligence to know how to apply it to effect.

#3 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,837 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

And why would Mark Cuban be willing to do this?  This isn't NBA2K; both sides have to be willing to agree to the trade.  So, if you are going to propose a trade, you need to also give the reasons why the other team would be willing to agree to it.

Personally, while I like Parsons, I would rather bring back Allen Iverson than ever have anything to do with McGee.  This is a guy that has been given the starting center position by two different NBA teams and lost it to backups.  Athletic ability (which McGee has in spades, I don't deny that) does not mean anything without the intelligence to know how to apply it to effect.

He doesn't HAVE to provide reasons on the other side. This is a free country after all. 

It would make his trade suggestion at least fun to discuss if it made even the slightest amount of sense on the other side but he doesn't have to include logic.  :lol:  ;)

#4 Pumuki

Pumuki

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:30 PM

He doesn't HAVE to provide reasons on the other side. This is a free country after all. 

It would make his trade suggestion at least fun to discuss if it made even the slightest amount of sense on the other side but he doesn't have to include logic.  :lol:  ;)

It would make his trade suggestion at least fun to discuss if it made even the slightest amount of sense on the other side but he doesn't have to include logic.   

Hey there, first a MAVS fan proposed this trade in realgm so it defintely intrigued me to know the opinion of other Grizzlies fans... And please keep in mind the injury status of both Chandler and McGee to weight wether if its just a pipedream or a reasonable trade...

I would like to take the gamble on Parsons giving any combination of Tony Allen / Jeff Green / Vince Carter and I really think McGee could help us with his defense/shotblocking even with all his limitations.