60 replies to this topic

#21 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,595 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Casspi would do. He's had three seasons of >40% from deep.   

#22 VikingWarrior

VikingWarrior

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

Casspi would be a great addition!!!!! We would be a great spot for him as we have plenty minutes at SF available now.

#23 BnaBreaker

BnaBreaker

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

Hmm, which promising young prospect are we going to waive for this thirty something borderline NBA talent?

#24 New_Sacred_Cow

New_Sacred_Cow

1st Team

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

Hmm, which promising young prospect are we going to waive for this thirty something borderline NBA talent?

I would assume it would be the 30 something Toney Douglas.

#25 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,066 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

This would be a fantastic pickup. Would get a ton of shots with the starting lineup and let Carter go back to firing off the bench.

Sources say Casspi is now evaluating his options and has drawn interest from multiple playoff teams, including the Grizzlies and Clippers.

I would think this to be an absolute no brainer.

Soooooo..... :lol:

#26 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

I hear Ryan Hollins is a free agent :lol:

#27 lions

lions

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:sports

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

great option that i would love to see do a buy-out and have c.parson retire

#28 guillermo

guillermo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

we need that 3rd point guard more than another small forward- especially a below average SF 

#29 lions

lions

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

we need that 3rd point guard more than another small forward- especially a below average SF 

we need a small forward who can score and rebound--- rudy gay

#30 New_Sacred_Cow

New_Sacred_Cow

1st Team

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

we need a small forward who can score and rebound--- rudy gay

Rudy with a ruptured achilles injury earlier this year. For a player that makes a living off his athleticism, that is kinda a nail in the coffin.

If someone else get Casspi, I would like to see the Grizzlies go after Troy Williams again if Houston doesn't keep him. I think you can run with Harrison as backup PG the rest of the year and just deal with the results.

#31 lions

lions

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Rudy with a ruptured achilles injury earlier this year. For a player that makes a living off his athleticism, that is kinda a nail in the coffin.

If someone else get Casspi, I would like to see the Grizzlies go after Troy Williams again if Houston doesn't keep him. I think you can run with Harrison as backup PG the rest of the year and just deal with the results.

i know rudy has a archilles injury , i,m saying the grizzlies have had a big problem a the 3 and they thought rudy would be replace easy

#32 bobblybook1

bobblybook1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:12 AM

Im down with a euro addition. It would add some playmaking and length on offense. Not for sure on his defense tho B) 

#33 Back2Grizzness

Back2Grizzness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

What's Brian Cardinal doing these days?

#34 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,651 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

What's Brian Cardinal doing these days?

Living off that Grizz money!

#35 BHZMAFIA

BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

i know rudy has a archilles injury , i,m saying the grizzlies have had a big problem a the 3 and they thought rudy would be replace easy

I think a lot of fans took Rudy for granted. Imagine the complaints you use to hear about him from a production standpoint. We would love to get that production out of one of our wings right now and over the last 3 seasons. 

He had his shortcomings, but I would take 18 and 6, an above average PER and decent outside shooting any day. Eventually, I'm sure he would've adjusted his game to cater more to Conley/Gasol.

Even if Parsons eventually gets right, there will be this unrealistic expectation out of him just like it was with Rudy. If fans thought the deal Rudy got was bad on 18 and 6, imagine what they will think when Parsons put up 16, 6 and 4 on good efficiency at $94M? Parsons is in a lose/lose situation here because fans will constantly have these unrealistic expectations out of him because of his contract. 

#36 srmjr23

srmjr23

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

"Talking about Rudy Gay in 2017"

#37 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,651 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

I think a lot of fans took Rudy for granted. Imagine the complaints you use to hear about him from a production standpoint. We would love to get that production out of one of our wings right now and over the last 3 seasons.

He had his shortcomings, but I would take 18 and 6, an above average PER and decent outside shooting any day. Eventually, I'm sure he would've adjusted his game to cater more to Conley/Gasol.

Even if Parsons eventually gets right, there will be this unrealistic expectation out of him just like it was with Rudy. If fans thought the deal Rudy got was bad on 18 and 6, imagine what they will think when Parsons put up 16, 6 and 4 on good efficiency at $94M? Parsons is in a lose/lose situation here because fans will constantly have these unrealistic expectations out of him because of his contract.

Nah, sorry. Let's not re-write history. Rudy was way over paid (because the current GM/former owner messed up) and his contract was not sustainable and at the time Mike Conley wasn't an adjust around level player. It was Rudy or ZBo. And to this point there hasn't been a single season in which Rudy was more valuable than ZBo.

Did the organization screw up? Yes. If handled correctly, there would not have been a reason to break up the REAL core 4. However, the team has been managed poorly.

#38 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

Nah, sorry. Let's not re-write history. Rudy was way over paid (because the current GM/former owner messed up) and his contract was not sustainable and at the time Mike Conley wasn't an adjust around level player. It was Rudy or ZBo. And to this point there hasn't been a single season in which Rudy was more valuable than ZBo.

Did the organization screw up? Yes. If handled correctly, there would not have been a reason to break up the REAL core 4. However, the team has been managed poorly.

I can see the logic in that statement.    Truthfully, if Organization could have developed either Jamaal Franklin, Jordan Adams, or Tony Wroten into a legit player then no one would be missing Rudy.  

We all have to keep in mind that all we wanted was another dynamic perimeter player, period.   All of those rookies had the skillset and talent to become just that.  Unfortunately, they were drafted by a team that didn't have the requisite patience to develop them.

Let's also not forget the main reason why most of our wings haven't worked out is because we start a SG that cannot shoot.   It was always too difficult to find a SF that can compliment Zbo, Tony, and Mike.   

#39 BHZMAFIA

BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

This is all I'm saying.

With the right coaching change, the increasing meaning behind making Conley/Gasol the main guys and adding the correct pieces around those core 4 players could have worked IMO. Its amazing to me how we jumped the gun on moving him around that time, but are refraining from doing the same thing with this current group. 

I was always a fan of utilizing Zbo off the bench, having a better defensive minded 4 start and balancing at the 2 guard spot (Courtney Lee). Eventually, we traded Bayless (who we had during Rudy's tenure here) for Courtney Lee. 

But, its old news. Something that will always make me wonder. I just think its funny/sad how the FO is steadily looking for that SF replacement and how harsh fans have been on those replacements. Neither of those replacements have been able to outperform Rudy regardless of his shortcomings thus far.

Now, you hear some echoing about how Harrison Barnes would've been a better fit here over Parsons, but the reality is that he's basically a younger Rudy Gay on a bad team. Average ball handling is mediocre, primarily plays 15 feet in, not necessarily the most efficient but decent, average to slightly below average defender based on the numbers.

#40 Dwash

Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,524 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

This is all I'm saying.

With the right coaching change, the increasing meaning behind making Conley/Gasol the main guys and adding the correct pieces around those core 4 players could have worked IMO. Its amazing to me how we jumped the gun on moving him around that time, but are refraining from doing the same thing with this current group. 

I was always a fan of utilizing Zbo off the bench, having a better defensive minded 4 start and balancing at the 2 guard spot (Courtney Lee). Eventually, we traded Bayless (who we had during Rudy's tenure here) for Courtney Lee. 

But, its old news. Something that will always make me wonder. I just think its funny/sad how the FO is steadily looking for that SF replacement and how harsh fans have been on those replacements. Neither of those replacements have been able to outperform Rudy regardless of his shortcomings thus far.

Now, you hear some echoing about how Harrison Barnes would've been a better fit here over Parsons, but the reality is that he's basically a younger Rudy Gay on a bad team. Average ball handling is mediocre, primarily plays 15 feet in, not necessarily the most efficient but decent, average to slightly below average defender based on the numbers.

Barnes can be a knockdown shooter and gets his shot off quickly from the corner, so he may have fit in better.