60 replies to this topic

#1 bobblybook1

bobblybook1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

Who can we target since Parsons got hurt. D-league or not we need someone Vince cant go super human every night for us its not fair to expect that out of him at 40.  Maybe someone with young  explosive energy perhaps?

#2 some1nw

some1nw

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

i dont really think its necessary. If we get a SF/SG type of guy, it will most likely decrease TD's playing minutes. But as like 3rd option at the SF, yeah that makes sense then. 

#3 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Who can we target since Parsons got hurt. D-league or not we need someone Vince cant go super human every night for us its not fair to expect that out of him at 40.  Maybe someone with young  explosive energy perhaps?

Can we get Troy Williams back if Houston waives him after his 10 day contract expires?

#4 chasingpapes

chasingpapes

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

We can't target anyone let alone sign them without waivin someone.

Plus this is what we all wanted right? Parsons to be shut down for the season so Daniels n Ennis can get out there. Why would we sign someone else?

#5 Teddy.B

Teddy.B

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Not saying we can get him back in the fold, but because Troy Williams will be a player in this league.

#6 bobblybook1

bobblybook1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

Not saying we can get him back in the fold, but because Troy Williams will be a player in this league.

This ☝🏼. Few guys brought that kind of intensity. Anyone know how long he's got left

#7 bobblybook1

bobblybook1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

Defensively he was solid too

#8 The REF

The REF

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

What about bringing back Tayshaun Prince???? Lol!! Lol!!

#9 bobblybook1

bobblybook1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

If we could get a deal on some WD-40 itd prolly work

#10 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

You are aware we can't get anyone else right? There isn't an exception for a player getting shutdown.

#11 lsugrizzfan

lsugrizzfan

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

We would have to waive someone in order to pick up another player. Even then there are rules about being eligible for the playoffs. I am not sure what they are off the top of my head, but I believe since Troy Williams was just on the Rockets he would not be eligible for the playoffs.

#12 New_Sacred_Cow

New_Sacred_Cow

1st Team

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

Not sure if Troy Williams would be playoff eligible now. If so, I would waive Toney Douglas immediately if Houston doesn't pick up Williams for a 2nd 10 day.

Looks like Fizz is going back to Harrison as the backup PG. Which I'm okay with because he can't be worse than Douglas.

#13 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

You are aware we can't get anyone else right? There isn't an exception for a player getting shutdown.

Actually there is one, it's called the disabled player exception, but it can only used between July 1 and January 15

#14 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

We would have to waive someone in order to pick up another player. Even then there are rules about being eligible for the playoffs. I am not sure what they are off the top of my head, but I believe since Troy Williams was just on the Rockets he would not be eligible for the playoffs.

We would need to waive someone *cough*douglas*cough* and then we could only use the min vet exception (prorated to what's left of the season), but in order to be eligible the player we hire must not have been in an NBA roster by the 1st of March. I think that would qualify Troy Williams if he's released by the Rockets, but I'm not 100% sure.

#15 Iron Mike

Iron Mike

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

addition by subtraction. No need to add anyone else boys

#16 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

Do it. That man deserves a ring!

Seriously, he improves our morale, just do it.

#17 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

There is nothing we can do this year but we def better start thinking about next season.   If everyone remembers what Chandler was signed for it was to share playmaking and ball-handling duties, shooting, and ability to create offense.

After this latest setback - its time to create a PlanB.   Easiest way to add majority of what Chandler represents is by adding a combo guard w/size to the starting lineup.   Combo guards offer ability to ball handle and facilitate for others with enough size to guard wing players.   There are guys in FA that fit that description: Shaun Livingston, Michael Carter-Williams, Jrue Holiday but we can't afford those dudes.

Luckily, we happen to already have two guys on the roster that have those skill-sets in Baldwin and Harrison.    That's why its good that Harrison is back in the lineup and getting more reps playing beside Conley.   This way we can see if Harrison is feasible as the quasi Chandler/Tony Allen stand-in as a defensive-minded secondary ball-handler.  That is a realistic ceiling for Harrison to hit.   Then go ahead and develop Wade next season as backup PG for now. 

Now what Harrison won't be able to replace as a starter is the scoring/shooting.  Sadly no one on the roster outside of Chandler and Mike have proven ability to create their own offense on the perimeter.   This person will need to be added via trade or FA.  Tyreke, Shabazz, Bullock and Beasley are the type of flawed guys we can afford to get.   I would target Shabazz perhaps Minny would be willing to swing a sign&trade with JaMyke to acquire him.  He solves the secondary perimeter scorer void that is in jeopardy due to Parsons status.  

This is why i believe we will need to let JaMyke, Tony, and Vince all walk to free up the money.   Resign Zbo(cheaper to keep due to bird rights) and keep him as the bench scoring anchor.   Pray that Wright stays healthy and bring up Jarell and continue developing Deyonta.  So our big rotation is solid although JaMyke versatility will be missed. 

Mike/Wade

Harrison/Daniels

Shabazz/Ennis/Rade(Parsons)

Wright/Zbo/Jarell

Gasol/Davis

13 spots and who knows maybe we can even resign Troy Williams

Full training camp with those guys and i believe we will be able to get to darkhorse contender status again. 

#18 New_Sacred_Cow

New_Sacred_Cow

1st Team

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

This would be a fantastic pickup. Would get a ton of shots with the starting lineup and let Carter go back to firing off the bench.

Sources say Casspi is now evaluating his options and has drawn interest from multiple playoff teams, including the Grizzlies and Clippers.

#19 grizzgolf

grizzgolf

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

This would be a fantastic pickup. Would get a ton of shots with the starting lineup and let Carter go back to firing off the bench.

Sources say Casspi is now evaluating his options and has drawn interest from multiple playoff teams, including the Grizzlies and Clippers.

Lets do it!

#20 JWill4L

JWill4L

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:30 AM

If Casspi ends up here, I guess Douglas is gone. Been defending Harrison for a while now, I hope he'll gain more confidence in his game.