110 replies to this topic

#41 Teddy.B

Teddy.B

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

no we could have filled he roster with more than just Parsons for that money. Especially with the career averages he has.

You still could have cap room going into this coming season where we could have made some huge moves with plenty of players to pick from

Paul mill sap, Gordon Hayward, Danilo, jeff Teague, JJ Red, Greg monroe, Taj gibson, George hill, Shaun Livingston, Jrue Holiday, etc.

It's managing wisely. I don't care what anyone says about this being a small market. You overpaid Chandler. You can do the same to someone without an injury history.

I was all for not spending the money this past season. I was for signing a couple of guys for fair contracts leaving room for a big move this coming offseason knowing we wouldn't have draft picks to help us out.

Chandler should have never been a target.

Mic Drop

#42 The REF

The REF

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Buyers Remorse!!😂😂😂😂😂😬😬💰💰💰💰📠📠📠📠💀💀💀💀🏀🏀🏀

#43 Grizzled Vet

Grizzled Vet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

no we could have filled he roster with more than just Parsons for that money. Especially with the career averages he has.

You still could have cap room going into this coming season where we could have made some huge moves with plenty of players to pick from

Paul mill sap, Gordon Hayward, Danilo, jeff Teague, JJ Red, Greg monroe, Taj gibson, George hill, Shaun Livingston, Jrue Holiday, etc.

It's managing wisely. I don't care what anyone says about this being a small market. You overpaid Chandler. You can do the same to someone without an injury history.

I was all for not spending the money this past season. I was for signing a couple of guys for fair contracts leaving room for a big move this coming offseason knowing we wouldn't have draft picks to help us out.

Doesn't like Chandler Parsons as a FA target because he's injury prone; but instead lists Danilo Galinari and Jrue Holiday.

4 of those guys you listed have significant injury history, and if signed, you probably would have stayed silent...until they were injured, then you would complain about not saving more cap space for the following year.

Just because you can list free agents, doesn't mean they have any interest in signing them without overpaying them.

I would like to hear why you think Gordon Hayward would choose Memphis over Utah or Boston.

Then I'd love to hear the George Hill reason instead of Spurs or Utah.

Greg Monroe.....perfect for when the Grizzlies match up with the Pelicans.....and no other team.

#44 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Apparently you've never heard of the 76ers or Kings or you just want to add fuel to the negativity fire. 

I said arguably.   Apparently, you have reading comprehension problems.

#45 lions

lions

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:sports

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:32 AM

like i said many posts in the past the signing of chandler parson will send the grizzlies back 5 years..chris wallace needs to be fired for this very bad move  he,knew chandler parson was coming off  two or three knee set back 

#46 lions

lions

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:sports

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

grizzlies nation can.t blame c.parson any more this year

#47 srmjr23

srmjr23

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

Fire Chris Wallace and Hollinger.. Also Grizz Medical Staff should have seen this coming. This just validates that the Grizz F.O is arguably the worst in the NBA.

Traded for Marc Gasol, traded for ZBo, drafted Mike Conley, made it to the Western Conference Playoffs. Hmm, perspective is interesting isn't it? Arguably worst franchise...give me a break.

#48 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

**** Wallace, such a dumbass

#49 The REF

The REF

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:47 AM

Somebody should be held accountable and I'm putting this nicely!!!

(This has been removed)

Edited by New_Sacred_Cow, 14 March 2017 - 08:15 AM.

#50 Dwash

Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,524 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:19 AM

Doesn't like Chandler Parsons as a FA target because he's injury prone; but instead lists Danilo Galinari and Jrue Holiday.
4 of those guys you listed have significant injury history, and if signed, you probably would have stayed silent...until they were injured, then you would complain about not saving more cap space for the following year.

Just because you can list free agents, doesn't mean they have any interest in signing them without overpaying them.

I would like to hear why you think Gordon Hayward would choose Memphis over Utah or Boston.
Then I'd love to hear the George Hill reason instead of Spurs or Utah.

Greg Monroe.....perfect for when the Grizzlies match up with the Pelicans.....and no other team.

I think you are missing that while Holiday and Gallinari have injury history, Chandler was actually hurt when signed.

#51 Thomas

Thomas

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:17 AM

Traded for Marc Gasol, traded for ZBo, drafted Mike Conley, made it to the Western Conference Playoffs. Hmm, perspective is interesting isn't it? Arguably worst franchise...give me a break.

Remember when Chris Wallace tried to trade Mike Conley for Ramon Sessions and Joe Alexander? Or when he tried to trade Zbo for Al Jefferson? I agree, perspective is interesting. What's especially interesting is that you have just referenced three of the handful of Wallace's only good moves, and the last of those three happened eight years ago.

#52 Teddy.B

Teddy.B

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

Only Newbies would credit Wallace for drafting Conley. They see the timeline of when Conley was drafted, but fail to understand the sentiment at the time. While Wallace was technically Gm at the time, he was hired only a mere two or three weeks before the draft whereas Macaroni (highly touted at the time) was hired before him and was always going to get his wish of a Steve Nash like point guard to run his Suns offense. Macaroni was the one that pegged Conley in the draft and Wallace had a weak to no voice in the draft. He himself said so at the time that he was not going to rock the boat and come in and take over all the hard work others have done in the draft preparation. 

Wallace has drafted ZERO guys that are in the rotation his entire tenure here. Quite an impressive record of massive draft fails.  

#53 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

I said arguably.   Apparently, you have reading comprehension problems.

Why do you even post on these boards or follow this team? just wondering. Arguably, your posts are the most consistently negative on this board. 

#54 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

None of us have any idea if any of those guys had even a passing interest in playing in Memphis. Could've, would've, should've, we have tod eal with reality going forward. Making assumption on what we could have done in the past isn't going to help this team move forward.

#55 Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

Its obvious that Parsons was not healthy when signed, how did he pass the physical? Also, Parsons was more Conley's call than anything. That's why Conley been largely silent about the whole thing. Conley not only agreed to the largest contract in league history to stay in Memphis, but he also wanted his boy Parsons to get max money. Again, why would the FO sign an injury prone/injured, "good" but not great player to a max deal, then force him into the starting lineup, wrecking team chemistry and morale, if but there was more than just his "potential" and "fit" at stake. They are all in for Conley and Gasol, and it is backfiring.

#56 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

Apparently you've never heard of the 76ers or Kings or you just want to add fuel to the negativity fire.

No cause at some point those teams will get good all we are doing is getting worse with no way of getting better we have no tradeable assets, no draft pics, an incompetent GM, an absent owner. The guys at GBB could run this team better than the current front office

#57 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

What the hell has he done since then I'm so tired of people on here living off the past. It sounds as dumb as TA did in that interview when he was moping about GnG being on life support and how he wished things could go back to how they used to. When are y'all gonna wake up and realize its never gonna be like that again. The league has changed from when the Grizz lucked up and made it to the WCF.

Wallace is the worse GM in this league cause he found a little bit of success with the core and decided that was enough at NO point did he try to increase that success and now he is riding it out to the last drop.

It makes Zero sense that since GnG started there hasn't been one person to stick with this team long term aside from the core. It makes Zero sense that there isn't anybody ready to take over for one of the core players once they're gone. Who is responsible for those things you ask?

CHRIS WALLACE THATS WHO

#58 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

Only Newbies would credit Wallace for drafting Conley. They see the timeline of when Conley was drafted, but fail to understand the sentiment at the time. While Wallace was technically Gm at the time, he was hired only a mere two or three weeks before the draft whereas Macaroni (highly touted at the time) was hired before him and was always going to get his wish of a Steve Nash like point guard to run his Suns offense. Macaroni was the one that pegged Conley in the draft and Wallace had a weak to no voice in the draft. He himself said so at the time that he was not going to rock the boat and come in and take over all the hard work others have done in the draft preparation.

Wallace has drafted ZERO guys that are in the rotation his entire tenure here. Quite an impressive record of massive draft fails.

Thank you actually do some research on the person you so quickly defend. The man has done nothing helpful since GnG started all he does is BS people and be the ultimate yes man

#59 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

Its obvious that Parsons was not healthy when signed, how did he pass the physical? Also, Parsons was more Conley's call than anything. That's why Conley been largely silent about the whole thing. Conley not only agreed to the largest contract in league history to stay in Memphis, but he also wanted his boy Parsons to get max money. Again, why would the FO sign an injury prone/injured, "good" but not great player to a max deal, then force him into the starting lineup, wrecking team chemistry and morale, if but there was more than just his "potential" and "fit" at stake. They are all in for Conley and Gasol, and it is backfiring.

Parsons and Conley aren't boys?? What history do they have together? Conley wanted Batum he was the first name Conley said when asked about a wing he'd like to see the team get last summer. Parsons screams Wallace he has the pedigree and everything.

#60 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

For anyone that disputes this go tweet Parrish or get on the FB page and ask if Portland was really in the race for Parson's I'm sure he'll say no. We were the only team dumb enough to give him a full max