115 replies to this topic

#101 Holidayinn21

Holidayinn21

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Instead of staying in their usual digs, they must have stayed at a HOLIDAY INN last night.   :)

giphy.gif

#102 grizlsg

grizlsg

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

One game of not being bad is not going to convince me that Harrison can be a backup PG... I've seen him play way too many bad games to be suckered by one decent one.

Say what you want about Douglas put his overall stats are better than Harrison's... you can point out Harrison shoots 35% from 3 on the road but he shoots 31% from the floor period. Don't be sucked in by the fools gold because the Grizz finally won a game.
Parsons has better stats than Harrison and you guys are ready to run him out of town... yeah I know he makes a ton of money but when it comes to who is actually on the court the money goes out the window, that's for off season debate...

Putting Vince in the starting lineup was the big change tonight, not Harrison... he played plenty in those last blowouts... not biting.

#103 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:11 AM

#104 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:27 AM

#105 oldmanGrizz

oldmanGrizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:37 AM

The team played like they were happy to be starting the game with 5 players instead of 4 players and a cripple. Hopefully Parsons can be ready by the time camp starts next year, but this team has been at a handicap all year with him starting most games.

#106 LuvThem Grizzlies

LuvThem Grizzlies

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

Where's TAs' highlights? He outscored Gasol and Randolph.

#107 LuvThem Grizzlies

LuvThem Grizzlies

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

I'm not going to say the crisis is over after just one win, but man, we needed a game like this.

This was a quality win.

#108 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:44 AM

Where's TAs' highlights? He outscored Gasol and Randolph.

There aren't any. Full game highlights are right below this one though.

#109 AussieGfan

AussieGfan

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

If the Grizzlies go on a run, which would be hard to believe but possible.. it's sort of similar to when Rudy was out for the season, but they went on to beat the Spurs in the first round.  But just imagine if they took that salary for a Rudy Gay/Parsons type player, and have it add a valuable player to the team (who can shoot, defend and play team ball) and then if the team could still play the same way.  Additional by subtraction is great and all, but it's a lot of wasted potential and wasted salary cap.

#110 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Should have gotten Vince in 2007 when we had the chance..

#111 notnilc20

notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

When we're making our 3's we sure look good. Says capt obvious. Still not 100% convinced...we don't go red hot from 3 and this game might not have been so fun to watch. We're just too inconsistent from 3.....I mean TA hit a couple long balls too. We can't rely on that. But it was nice to break the losing streak. As always...Go Grizz!

#112 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,733 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

Here's an insane stat: AH is shooting 35.5% from 3 on the road, 19.7% at home.

Maybe it's all part of learning to play in the league.  Since the new year he is shooting nearly 39% from the 3-pt. line.  Maybe a little patience is in order here.  I don't think he needs to shoot threes in volume, nor off the dribble, but I think he could be solid spotting up and keep the defense honest.

#113 bobblybook1

bobblybook1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

Mechanically he has a good shooting form. Unlike Tony lol. Watch some of his shooting drills he's pretty decent just needs game flow down pat.

#114 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

When we're making our 3's we sure look good. Says capt obvious. Still not 100% convinced...we don't go red hot from 3 and this game might not have been so fun to watch. We're just too inconsistent from 3.....I mean TA hit a couple long balls too. We can't rely on that. But it was nice to break the losing streak. As always...Go Grizz!

And when the Grizz overall shooting pct. is at least 50% along with double digit made threes we almost always win

#115 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

Random statistical fact: VC became only the sixth player to score 20 or more points in a game beyond his 40th birthday, joining Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Robert Parish, John Stockton, Michael Jordan and Karl Malone.

#116 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

Random statistical fact: VC became only the sixth player to score 20 or more points in a game beyond his 40th birthday, joining Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Robert Parish, John Stockton, Michael Jordan and Karl Malone.

Also the only player ever to score 6+ threes over 40.