44 replies to this topic

#21 LuvThem Grizzlies

LuvThem Grizzlies

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

This is a thread topic i can get behind.  

If the idea was to transition away from CORE4 then Wallace failed miserably with the construction of this roster.  No coach would succeed under these present conditions

• mandate to rehab an injured player during games
  • develop young players while trying to appease veterans 
  • develop a new culture and integrate pioneers of the old era into a new style 
  • transform offense while not having roster to support transformation
That's an insane amount to be asked of rookie head coach.  Everyone knew that we needed a legit backup PG and an additional wing player.   After watching Hollins and Joerger crash and burn trying to change the play style of these CORE guys WHY ON EARTH would you expect a rookie head coach to be able to do it without negative repercussion or downfall?

Wilson Chandler, Shabazz Muhummad, Sean Kilpatrick, or even Nick Young are all guys that would've been significant upgrades over Tony Allen going forward.    Moving him would have been the easiest decision to make because what he provides (solid defense and bad offense) can be replaced.   

See the problem with guys like Ennis and JaM is that they are dependent on other guys to setup their offense.    They are best deployed as low usage offensively, versatile defenders  role players.    They cannot be counted on as your 3rd best offensive option, truthfully having them as 4th is a stretch.   Healthy Parsons makes Ennis and JaM as starters look much better.   To be fair JaMyke has already proven himself a viable starter so my breakdown is really about our wings.  

Ideally, it would have been nice to continue bringing along a rookie or two this season for development purposes.  However, due to the Parsons Initiative it makes it too difficult to be willing to take the lumps.   A healthy Parsons gives Fizdale the freedom to develop a Troy Williams or a Andrew Harrison.   Right now, no way he can afford to play those type of guys when you are already starting the worst starter statistically in the league. 

The poor roster construction hurts the development of rookies for this year.  The Parsons situation is also why we are experiencing this chaos.   Unfortunately, if Parsons was able to play earlier which would have allowed FO to see how bad he is.  Then maybe they would've made a move to address the wing or backup PG more aggressively.

It's hard for any player to do anything when everything is geared to go to 3 guys and you aren't 1 of them. JMG should be shooting the ball when he is open whether it is supposed to go to 1 of the 3.

#22 LuvThem Grizzlies

LuvThem Grizzlies

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

I think he legitimately has trouble keeping up with the things he says

I think he legitimately has trouble keeping up with the things he says

He can't read what he puts on paper either.

#23 LuvThem Grizzlies

LuvThem Grizzlies

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

Wallace is the BIGGEST problem with this team.

Wallace is not the problem this team has, he has only been in charge of 2 drafts. Baldwin doesn't look so hot to me but I think Davis is a keeper, if Fiz will play him some.

#24 BigHunkALove

BigHunkALove

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,955 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Wallace is not the problem this team has, he has only been in charge of 2 drafts. Baldwin doesn't look so hot to me but I think Davis is a keeper, if Fiz will play him some.

You sure about this?

In his whole tenure at the Grizzlies, only 2 drafts?

#25 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Kevin this roster is essentially the same one you said was the 2nd best team in thee West

I said the grizzlies were the second best team in the west. I never said that they'd be the second seed. I still think the grizzlies can beat any team in the west not named the warriors.

#26 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

But let's talk about how many people WANTED parsons. lol

#27 tmoneyinmphs

tmoneyinmphs

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

I said the grizzlies were the second best team in the west. I never said that they'd be the second seed. I still think the grizzlies can beat any team in the west not named the warriors.

I can't get it to quote over to this thread, but it is post # 8 on the link below.

http://boards.grizzl...showtopic=18994

"The grizzlies will win their division this year and be the second best team record-wise in the west."  KBM on oct 18, 2016

Am i going to hear crickets from you TWICE in one day???

#28 Dwash

Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

I can't get it to quote over to this thread, but it is post # 8 on the link below.

http://boards.grizzl...showtopic=18994

"The grizzlies will win their division this year and be the second best team record-wise in the west."  KBM on oct 18, 2016

Am i going to hear crickets from you TWICE in one day???

LOL!  I was looking for this post cause I remembered it too.

But he is always right and we can't take it.

#29 SC Grizz

SC Grizz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

I will go ahead and call myself out for starting the thread that (I believe) asked the question whether we were the 2nd best team in the West. Certainly seemed possible during the offseason.

Oh how wrong that was...

#30 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

Which two drafts were those? Cause he's been the GM for more than two years and the GM is responsible for the roster so there is no way you can only pin 2 drafts on him. Now maybe he punked out and let other people make the pics cause he's a yes man but he's still responsible for the draft. That's his job

#31 lsugrizzfan

lsugrizzfan

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

Good work on showing him his contradictions! Keep it up.

#32 Iron Mike

Iron Mike

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

cricket-2.jpg

#33 Memphicity

Memphicity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

Utah would beat us in seven games this year. There is ZERO path to the second round. If I am wrong (hope I am) feel free to dig this up and jab me with it.  :)

#34 grizz1016

grizz1016

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Utah would beat us in seven games this year. There is ZERO path to the second round. If I am wrong (hope I am) feel free to dig this up and jab me with it. :)

Utah is one team we actually match up well against. The 3-1 regular season record against them isn't a fluke. We would win 4-2 in a PO series against them.

#35 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

Utah would beat us in seven games this year. There is ZERO path to the second round. If I am wrong (hope I am) feel free to dig this up and jab me with it.  :)

conjecture at best.

#36 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

Kevin what is the point of this thread? Are you saying that even though the roster is severely flawed that they are still the second best team in the west?

#37 tmoneyinmphs

tmoneyinmphs

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

Not even responding to post #27 confirms what i suspected about kbm.  He is full of **** and it's best to just ignore him.

#38 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

Not even responding to post #27 confirms what i suspected about kbm.  He is full of **** and it's best to just ignore him.

what is there to respond to. I don't deny that it is me. Whoever found that, they win that argument hands down.

#39 tmoneyinmphs

tmoneyinmphs

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Fair enough.  You know i would not even cared to have showed you up like that if you just wouldn't talk down to other grizz fans so much as if you're the only fan who has any basketball knowledge.   It's really annoying.   I'm pretty sure most of the people posting here understand the game of basketball. 

#40 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Fair enough.  You know i would not even cared to have showed you up like that if you just wouldn't talk down to other grizz fans so much as if you're the only fan who has any basketball knowledge.   It's really annoying.   I'm pretty sure most of the people posting here understand the game of basketball. 

Most regulars LOVE to hate me. They don't really hate me or are even annoyed by me. They like that I bring my point of view, even if they don't agree with it.

A lot of stuff on this board I've mentioned it before anybody else even thought about it, so I can tell people respect my conflicted point of view.

But when I lose, I admit that I lost. You beat me. Good job!