Photo

Should Grizz Entertain Offers For Chandler Parson?

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#21 Dwash

Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,524 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:28 PM

We should entertain starting Ennis over him

#22 bhoyal

bhoyal

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

He looked like the tin man finishing on the breakaway. His knees will loosen up. It takes time.

tinman.jpg

Me without Aleve or Advil ^ ^ ^ I feel your pain Chandler, I really do.

#23 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

He said it was just because he was exhausted and not in game shape yet. Thought it was hilarious he revved it up after that layup.

#24 ShaneAus

ShaneAus

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:23 AM

Parsons even if he hasn't been that great so far, has made the starting 5 look really strong and fluid. Teams won't sag on him, they know he can be dangerous. Unless we get Gallo, I'm happy with Chandler starting. 

#25 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:21 AM

Its funny when people start to realize something may have been a mistake when its too late to do anything about it. Lol Maxing a guy who was injured just because he has the potential to be a fit that we have never had really makes a lot of sense. I only thought rookies were drafted based on their potential. Didn't know it worked for vet free agents too.

I think its slightly embassing that we maxed a guy everyone knew was hurt and the organization will conceded this season with hopes that he will be 100% for the rest of his contract.

#26 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

I really like our team, including Parsons, but I totally agree it wasn't smart and will bite us and make us the next Portland. Max Conley and Parsons both simply is stupid from a business standpoint.

Just enjoy this year while we have it ik I am.

#27 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,651 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:30 PM

Its funny when people start to realize something may have been a mistake when its too late to do anything about it. Lol Maxing a guy who was injured just because he has the potential to be a fit that we have never had really makes a lot of sense. I only thought rookies were drafted based on their potential. Didn't know it worked for vet free agents too.

I think its slightly embassing that we maxed a guy everyone knew was hurt and the organization will conceded this season with hopes that he will be 100% for the rest of his contract.

I think they were willing to concede the first 2-3 months of the season for the best option out there. If we don't sign Conley and Parsons in July, what was the alternative? Cap is steadily going up, we might have MAX cap space again next season with the same roster minus ZBo, TA and Vince. If healthy, we might get another impact player to bite.

This was the eventual conclusion to MAXing Marc. And making the playoffs until we get our picks back under our control ain't a bad idea.

#28 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

I think they were willing to concede the first 2-3 months of the season for the best option out there. If we don't sign Conley and Parsons in July, what was the alternative? Cap is steadily going up, we might have MAX cap space again next season with the same roster minus ZBo, TA and Vince. If healthy, we might get another impact player to bite.

This was the eventual conclusion to MAXing Marc. And making the playoffs until we get our picks back under our control ain't a bad idea.

Exactly. There's only 2 ways that Memphis can get players, either A-Overpay and/or B-take a risk. FAs aren't running each other over clamoring to come to Memphis. As a matter of fact, it's hard to pull any decent FA away from a team so us getting Parsons from the Mavs is actually a win. How can people start judging the contracts of these players barely 1/3 into the first season of the contract? makes no sense. i'm pretty sure the type of people who criticize those moves have great trade ideas like trading VC for the Greek Freak or TA for Chris Paul or Kyrie irving or something. It ain't happening. This was the best PG available and we kept him and the best SF available and we acquired him, simple and plain. 

Players get injured all of the time. People in GS wanted to trade Curry after his 3rd year because he was an undersized SG with bad ankles who couldn't play the point. Chris Paul has struggled with injuries in his career. Look at Joel Embiid. You can't just not take a risk on a player because he's had injuries. Outside of LeBron, how many guys have been injury free their entire career? Injuries are a part of the game. Signing Parsons to a max deal while injured was nothing special. The Mavs did the same thing the previous year with Wes Matthews who tore his Achilles and gave him a 4 year, $70 mil contract which was the  max for him at the time. Salaries are only going to continue to rise. I guarantee in 2-3 years there will be a lot of players with contracts like Parsons and they will be nowhere near as talented. Speaking of Parsons, last year after he came back from injury and got his legs underneath him, the guy went on a 30 game tear avg 18 ppg, 6 rpg, 3 apg, shooting 52% from the field and 48% from 3 in 34 mpg. i hate that he had that bone bruise because if not for that, I think he would be in good form by now.

In a small unattractive market like Memphis you have to take chances to win. If not, you're going to have a team full of Andrew Harrison's winning 12 games a year,

#29 The Truth is OUT

The Truth is OUT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

Am I the only one that initially read "Should Grizz Entertain Otters For Chandler Parsons?"

Because that would be one heck of a timeout routine.

I can get behind that.

Otters rule.  Especially baby ones.

#30 Subliminal

Subliminal

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

I can get behind that.

Otters rule. Especially baby ones.

I really think the FO should get on this idea. Hoping they read the boards

#31 ShaneAus

ShaneAus

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:29 PM

I really think the FO should get on this idea. Hoping they read the boards

Can imagine Parsons sitting in front of a tank as otters get entertained. Weird yet fun sight. 

#32 Once_a_hater

Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,702 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

We should entertain starting Ennis over him

I agree. Its better for Parsons too; he is out of rhythm. Bring him and TA of the bench

#33 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

I agree. Its better for Parsons too; he is out of rhythm. Bring him and TA of the bench

Why TA?

#34 Once_a_hater

Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,702 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

Why TA?

We talk about the starting missing D but we miss 2 way players and scoring the most.

Daniels is showing that he can get hot in a hurry and also he can hold his own on D. Ennis is a 3D guy that bring almost what TA bring and more.

MC and Gasol will have their life easier with this lineup. Harrison or Baldwin also would have their life easier if a ball-handler like Parsons and veteran help with VC/TA.

#35 Subliminal

Subliminal

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:00 PM

Can we please stick to the topic of Parsons entertainment otters?

#36 BigHunkALove

BigHunkALove

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

We talk about the starting missing D but we miss 2 way players and scoring the most.
Daniels is showing that he can get hot in a hurry and also he can hold his own on D. Ennis is a 3D guy that bring almost what TA bring and more.
MC and Gasol will have their life easier with this lineup. Harrison or Baldwin also would have their life easier if a ball-handler like Parsons and veteran help with VC/TA.

I actually agree with.

I would like to see Daniels next to Mike with James III as the D guy.

Everyone is a threat to score from distance, no double teaming, the paint is opened up, and TroyD D is not as bad as some may think

#37 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:13 AM

Can we please stick to the topic of Parsons entertainment otters?

Cute_Otter_036a.jpg

Hear hear

#38 tangogriz

tangogriz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Interests:I used to be all messed up on Quake3,
    now I'm all messed up on the Grizzlies.

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:14 AM

just-ottering_fb_2585587.jpg