The_PROOF

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

June 29

Thanks man.

Sucks that it's after the draft, I'd assume the FO will have an idea before he actually opts in or out.

#42 mackdaddy28

mackdaddy28

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

If Marc walks, how about DeAndre Jordan? Hate Clips but the man can block shots and scores .FT an issue but work all summer on that. His defense would be a great fit here. I really like Marc but he plays too far out for me. I would like to get Matt barnes too because he is ready for a fight it seems all the time. But seriously, the Griz have to get a big time scorer that can occasionally score 40 in a game. they are NEVER going to get the calls by the refs until they do .NBA wants big media markets unless you have someone who can attract publicity by scoring 40-50 points on any given night. Otherwise the Griz are like a night at the movies. Entertainment but no title.

#43 The_PROOF

The_PROOF

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

If Marc walks, how about DeAndre Jordan? Hate Clips but the man can block shots and scores .FT an issue but work all summer on that. His defense would be a great fit here. I really like Marc but he plays too far out for me. I would like to get Matt barnes too because he is ready for a fight it seems all the time. But seriously, the Griz have to get a big time scorer that can occasionally score 40 in a game. they are NEVER going to get the calls by the refs until they do .NBA wants big media markets unless you have someone who can attract publicity by scoring 40-50 points on any given night. Otherwise the Griz are like a night at the movies. Entertainment but no title.

That's been mentioned on several other threads already. Some are for it, some are strongly against it. 

#44 IdrinkGuinness

IdrinkGuinness

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts
  • Interests:Heavy metal, horror movies, beer, camping.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

they could end up waiving one of barnes or crawford . 

#45 The_PROOF

The_PROOF

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

they could end up waiving one of barnes or crawford . 

I mean, they drafted Reggie Bullock and CJ Wilcox the very next season, so I would think that maybe they're looking for a younger, cheaper replacement for one of those guys.

#46 LadPro

LadPro

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Interests:being tgmtel

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

I wonder if Wes Matthews' achilles injury will drive down his market price. Probably wishful thinking, but man I would love him here. That's the guy we need to go with the rest of the core.

Conley

Matthews/CLee

Green

Randolph

Gasol

Looks good to me.

#47 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

Matthews is Portland's TA. He's the heart of the team and a fan favorite. I doubt he goes anywhere

#48 Thomas

Thomas

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:41 PM

Vince Carter/#25 for Jamal Crawford

#49 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts
  • Interests:My family, sports, fishing, my xbox, and browsing the web.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

No no more old guys we need to draft a good player at 25 and develop him we can package vc and green together for a player bit no more trading draft picks and no more bringing in old players

#50 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

Crawford just shot 39% from the field and 32% from 3. Plus he will be turning 36 years old next season

#51 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

Crawford just shot 39% from the field and 32% from 3. Plus he will be turning 36 years old next season

Exactly we need to start discovering talent instead of trying to pick up other team's used up goods.

#52 IdrinkGuinness

IdrinkGuinness

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

if we get vets it's a 1 year deal ( or player optiion ),  they take a hit on $ this year but can get one last contract when the $ rolls in .

#53 The_PROOF

The_PROOF

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:43 AM

Why trade for Crawford when we already have a guy who could potentially provide what Crawford does for a fraction of the cost?

#54 Ethan7

Ethan7

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

What about something along the lines of ZBO + Green + #25 to Orlando for Aaron Gordon + #5? Obviously salaries don't match, would probably have to include Channing Frye. I think this trade would add some youth to the team while still allowing us to compete at a high level. I believe Orlando would have to consider as this trade would automatically make them a playoff team in the East.

#55 The_PROOF

The_PROOF

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

What about something along the lines of ZBO + Green + #25 to Orlando for Aaron Gordon + #5? Obviously salaries don't match, would probably have to include Channing Frye. I think this trade would add some youth to the team while still allowing us to compete at a high level. I believe Orlando would have to consider as this trade would automatically make them a playoff team in the East.

Umm **** yeah I'd do that trade! You'd be crazy not to.

Doubt Orlando would be willing to accept that offer, but you never know. They're allegedly growing impatient with the youth movement. Plug Gordon in at PF and draft Justise Winslow to be our SF, or draft Cauley-Stein to increase our front court depth. That's a quick rebuild/retool that would definitely keep us on pace in the West.

#56 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:16 AM

<rant>

Look at the talent that we ACTUALLY had on the team the last couple of years that we have given up on because of Coaches ego and impatience.   

Hasan Whiteside (25y), James Johnson (28y), Ed Davis(25y), Tony Wroten(22y), and Chris Johnson (25y)  

Now look at the guys we choose over them Nick Calathes(26), Jon Leuer(26), Kosta Koufos(26), Quincy Pondexter(27) and Jeff Green(28). 

This is literally just under Joerger regime i am not even going back to Hollins days.    The guys we dumped pretty much all have way more upside than the guys we kept.  Also their combined salaries are still less than Jeff Green's and we would've still had our draft pick.  Not to mention all those guys couldn't have done any worse in the playoffs.  

The guys we gave up on provide tons of athleticism, shot blocking, playmaking, and some shooting - legit TALENT that can still grow.  Can anyone seriously argue that Jeff Green is better than James Johnson?   That Calathes is better than Tony Wroten?  Chris Johnson couldn't have been any worse than Qpon.  Hasan is a dominanting force in the paint which is something that can't be said of Kosta.    They haven't crafted a negative enough emoji to describe how much choosing Leuer over Ed was a FAIL.  

Seriously,  look at this roster

Mike/Wroten/Beno

Clee/Tony/Adams

JJ/Vince/Johnson

Zbo/Ed/Stokes

Gasol/Whiteside

Our big man rotation would be literally the most feared in the NBA.    Actually would have several legit athletes in Ed, JJ, and Wroten.   Possibly someone who can develop into the PG of the future in Wroten. 

<end rant>

#57 Ndq0327

Ndq0327

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

But there are some posters on here that are going to swear that we made the right choice by moving those guys.

I feel we have the potential to slowly make up for past transgressions. We can draft a decent back up pg or center or both in this draft we can sign a young guy in fa that is under the radar and wont cost as much. Plus Chris Johnson is still out there so we can bring him back. But you are right someone on this FO is a horible talent evaluator whether its Joerger or Wallace. I think Hollinger is good and makes good decisions eventhough his machine was wrong about Leuer. I think Pera will be a great owner he showed vast improvement from his first year where we never saw him till this year where he was right next to the bench i belive he will open the wallet once he sees the right things being done personnel wise not taling chances on guys with obvious flaws like we did this offseason but bringing in guys that everyone can agree he's the right guy.

I'm not sure what Ed Stafansky does so I wont judge his role in this matter but Joerger and Wallace are clearly in my crosshairs for the lack of seeing who is the better player to keep.

#58 IdrinkGuinness

IdrinkGuinness

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

says a lot to me that we bought a pick for stokes(bust or not ) , more moves like that please .  now using part of the MLe on stokes makes 0 sense, can't we just use give him min salary . take away from our best way to improve for no reason really . idk seems odd and i still haven't seen a reason to do that year after year . 

#59 tjazz22

tjazz22

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

<rant>

Look at the talent that we ACTUALLY had on the team the last couple of years that we have given up on because of Coaches ego and impatience.

Hasan Whiteside (25y), James Johnson (28y), Ed Davis(25y), Tony Wroten(22y), and Chris Johnson (25y)

Now look at the guys we choose over them Nick Calathes(26), Jon Leuer(26), Kosta Koufos(26), Quincy Pondexter(27) and Jeff Green(28).

This is literally just under Joerger regime i am not even going back to Hollins days. The guys we dumped pretty much all have way more upside than the guys we kept. Also their combined salaries are still less than Jeff Green's and we would've still had our draft pick. Not to mention all those guys couldn't have done any worse in the playoffs.

The guys we gave up on provide tons of athleticism, shot blocking, playmaking, and some shooting - legit TALENT that can still grow. Can anyone seriously argue that Jeff Green is better than James Johnson? That Calathes is better than Tony Wroten? Chris Johnson couldn't have been any worse than Qpon. Hasan is a dominanting force in the paint which is something that can't be said of Kosta. They haven't crafted a negative enough emoji to describe how much choosing Leuer over Ed was a FAIL.

Seriously, look at this roster

Mike/Wroten/Beno
Clee/Tony/Adams
JJ/Vince/Johnson
Zbo/Ed/Stokes
Gasol/Whiteside

Our big man rotation would be literally the most feared in the NBA. Actually would have several legit athletes in Ed, JJ, and Wroten. Possibly someone who can develop into the PG of the future in Wroten.

<end rant>

PREACH PREACH!!!!!

#60 The_PROOF

The_PROOF

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

says a lot to me that we bought a pick for stokes(bust or not ) , more moves like that please .  now using part of the MLe on stokes makes 0 sense, can't we just use give him min salary . take away from our best way to improve for no reason really . idk seems odd and i still haven't seen a reason to do that year after year . 

Ummm..Stokes is under contract through 2017.