So apart from the miserables on this board, most logical people realize that the front office is going to make Marc Gasol their #1 priority.
So what other moves will happen:
1. Jeff Green, I believe, will take his player option and look to play himself into a big contract next year when the money goes up. In the open market he isn't going to get 9 mill a year.
2. Vince Carter, to me what the grizzlies end up doing with Vince Carter will be critical since he has so much on the team he affects. With Vince, I don't see Jordan Adams seeing the light of day. Without Vince that paves the way for Adams to crack the regular man rotation (which he should do, by the way)
3. Nick Calathes, is gone.
4. Kosta Koufus. to me Koufus HAS to be resigned. I am not sure what his number will be but I'd have to match anything up to 10 million for him He is just too valuable to let go.
5. Jon Leuer. I am really not sure what the grzzlies should do with him, but he only cost 1 million dollars so I could see the grizzlies keeping him on that number and hoping he develops into something.
6. Beno and clee - both of these guys are solid role players who are on contracts till next year so there is really nothing to do with either of them. However, I think the grizzlies certainly need to upgrade both positions.
What I am looking for from the grizzlies this offseason then is to clear the way for Jordan Adams and Jarnell Stokes to compete for the regular man rotation. I also think that the grizzlies NEED to find a way to get a dynamic pg to play behind conley. I think with Stokes, Koufus, Marc and Zach, we are set at the pf and center spots.
I would hate for the grizzlies to go into next season with Vince Carter on the roster (amnesty anyone?).
The grizzlies need smalls and a bunch of them. Also, I might consider changing coaches but I am not sure who we'd get.
Lingering questions: will the grizzlies try to use jeff green as trade bait to get a draft pick, which I would love but not sure how it would be done.