115 replies to this topic

#101 Memfizz

Memfizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

Not to beat a dead horse on lineps tonight, but I don't fully get why of all nights to play Vince all game, he picks tonight. Vince has had very good games earlier this season and was sat for long minutes even when on and attacking and playing good D. Tonight he looked really tired and unfocused even tho he hit some 3s

#102 trayhezy

trayhezy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:41 PM

I hope Fiz isnt going to start letting Zach and TA run the team and Zach basically work his way back into the starting lineup.  I thought we had established that it was better with Zbo anchoring the 2nd unit and then at the end of the game, work it whatever way gets you a win. 

As much as I love Zach and what he has done for the team, when he and Marc are together for long periods of time, things come to a halt and Marc retreats into his Charmin Mode. 

Marc retreats into Charmin Mode no matter how much Zbo plays.

At some point fans are going to have to accept the Marc's default mode is Charmin Mode.

#103 TimBC

TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,501 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

Steven Adams had a better stat line than Marc Gasol. 

End of story. 

#104 notnilc20

notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

So many points left on the board. Pathetic! Plus, what's the deal with playing Daniels only at the end of games? It's getting old. Im aware that Pasons gotta get his mins (he played well tonight too) but i'm sure there is a better way to work him into the game...

#105 ShaneAus

ShaneAus

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:25 PM

Weren't good enough. A bad night but life goes on. 

#106 Memfizz

Memfizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:01 AM

I have a theory. Zbo, TA, Marc started thinking they knew more than Fiz about the grizzles and how to win and tried telling him play Zbo play TA etc.. VC was the only one being professional and backing Fizdale up and that's why he got all this responsibly tonight and why you saw Gasol never give him a high five or anything.

Definitely speculation, but tonight was weird, identities seem off.

#107 lions

lions

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:sports

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:38 AM

it looks like  a first round exit again

#108 AussieGfan

AussieGfan

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:29 AM

They didn't have 'it' in this game, but at least Parsons looked a bit better and other guys are looking to come back from injury soon.

#109 Jay_Bizzy

Jay_Bizzy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

I thought this too. But they looked more unhappy about something and no one was really being a team leader or anything.

It just seems odd that EVERYONE was tired and lacking effort. Hope it's nothing serious but definitely seemed like a wierd vibe to me too.

I thought we really came out of the gates weird. Not sure if it was by design or what but we sure did feature Parsons a heck of a lot in the 1st. While he played pretty well, seemed like no one else really did much. No one was able to find a rhythm.

#110 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,533 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

I thought we really came out of the gates weird. Not sure if it was by design or what but we sure did feature Parsons a heck of a lot in the 1st. While he played pretty well, seemed like no one else really did much. No one was able to find a rhythm.

This is the problem with real basketball vs fantasy. Real basketball requires a team to know tendencies of players and how to get players shots. When the team was focused on getting Parsons involved meant others weren't getting involved the way they were used to and it clearly had the team troubles adjusting. It's a process and the team is building for the playoffs not worrying about games in early January. The pains they are suffering now will hopefully pay dividends later. 

#111 Jay_Bizzy

Jay_Bizzy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

Was def encouraging to see him getting to the rim. Even beat some guys off the dribble. We just couldn't get over the hump in the 3rd. Should be a good one tomorrow night.

#112 Jay_Bizzy

Jay_Bizzy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

I have a theory. Zbo, TA, Marc started thinking they knew more than Fiz about the grizzles and how to win and tried telling him play Zbo play TA etc.. VC was the only one being professional and backing Fizdale up and that's why he got all this responsibly tonight and why you saw Gasol never give him a high five or anything.

Reaching just a bit with this one lol no disrespect

#113 LuvThem Grizzlies

LuvThem Grizzlies

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

There wasn't anything weird about this game, they just shot terrible but that call where they called a foul on Conley was terrible as it could have been a game changer as Westbrook could have been called for a flagrant foul as he hit Conley in the face, instead of him shooting fts and getting an 8 point lead it could have been a 2 point lead.

#114 TT_Grizz

TT_Grizz

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

Some people here need to chill, it's a bad game, we lost to a good team on the road. It happens. It sucks, but it happens. Not a big deal.

#115 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

Conspiracy theories are fun, aren't they?

#116 BigHunkALove

BigHunkALove

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

We shot poorly in the first half. Missed too many make able shots.
Sink a hanful of those, and better FT shooting and the game was a W.

Other than that, I didnt think we played to badly