130 replies to this topic

#121 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,302 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

I just wanted to point out that the player I wanted in the draft two years ago just dropped 70 pts.

Most of these "mistakes" are a direct effect of the FO refusal to touch the core 4 in any way. TA should have been traded in a George Hill/Leonard type trade years ago.

Because points matter more than winning? I mean sure I LOVE booker as a player, but your priorities are off if you think 70 points means anything if your team loses.

But being that you worship d.cousins, I can see how you'd be impressed with that.

#122 chasingpapes

chasingpapes

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

That was the most pathetic 70 point game i've ever seen. The Suns were foulin on purpose everytime down the floor so they could get Booker more shots n they still got their **** rocked lol

#123 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,646 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:57 AM

Because points matter more than winning? I mean sure I LOVE booker as a player, but your priorities are off if you think 70 points means anything if your team loses.

But being that you worship d.cousins, I can see how you'd be impressed with that.

Yep, points matter. Which is the reason for the scoreboard. The team that scores the most wins not the team that overachieves and gives you butterflies in your stomach.

#124 Dwash

Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,523 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:36 AM

Yep, points matter. Which is the reason for the scoreboard. The team that scores the most wins not the team that overachieves and gives you butterflies in your stomach.

It's not cool around here when anyone scores big points, except for when Mike Conley scores 25 or more (win or loss), then we are all free to go crazy and drool about how great he is (when his scoring didn't matter in the past).

#125 GamesOut

GamesOut

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:29 AM

I would say that one of the top five mistakes would be starting these message boards.  Negativity on steroids.

#126 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,837 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted Yesterday, 12:46 PM

I would say that one of the top five mistakes would be starting these message boards. Negativity on steroids.

I disagree. The boards seem to have an inverse relationship with the team. When they were a bad team the boards were much more upbeat and optimistic.

#127 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,646 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:10 PM

I disagree. The boards seem to have an inverse relationship with the team. When they were a bad team the boards were much more upbeat and optimistic.

Boards are a bit ahead of the average fan and are happy/upset a season or two ahead of the average fan.

#128 ItIsWhatItIs

ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,775 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:23 PM

It's not cool around here when anyone scores big points, except for when Mike Conley scores 25 or more (win or loss), then we are all free to go crazy and drool about how great he is (when his scoring didn't matter in the past).

Yeah, I don't get why people on this board keep making loopy arguments like Gasol/Conley/whoever on our team are better than whoever because our guys win more. That argument only makes sense if a lotto guy is getting compared to a contender. Our Core 4 has been higher than a top 4 seed one time in their history and in the last 4 seasons (including this one) it looks like it will be one playoff series won and 3 times where they finished as a lowly 7th seeded team. 

#129 The Truth is OUT

The Truth is OUT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

I would say that one of the top five mistakes would be starting these message boards.  Negativity on steroids.

Ironic.

#130 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:11 PM

1. Paying & over valuing Gasol
2. Paying for Parsons
3. Paying Chris Wallace
4. Hiring Dave Joerger
5. Catering to TA's ego and any other decent player that is hyped like a superstar here

#131 Coubs

Coubs

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted Today, 12:56 AM

Because we were getting better then, not worse, like we have been the last few years.