21 replies to this topic

#1 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

Where's he at? Always thought he was even better than Conley some nights, perfect sub in for Conley's inevitable off nights. Our biggest weakness when fully healthy too.

COME BACK

#2 lions

lions

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:sports

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:37 AM

hurt

#3 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,546 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:51 AM

No he is not the answer. 31yrs old and rehabbing from Achilles Injury. Toney Douglas is a better option.

#4 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,862 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

No he is not the answer. 31yrs old and rehabbing from Achilles Injury. Toney Douglas is a better option.

Agreed. Love Mario and wish him the best in his recovery but the injury takes a long to time to recover from and the Grizzlies need someone now not next season backing up Conley. 

Of course, I was told for year's that the team needs to develop young talent so maybe the best move is not to do anything and let Baldwin and Harrison develop...

#5 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

The development is fine the issue is when Conley is bad, hes bad, and we have bad backing him up. Chalmers often would even outplay Conley. So if Conley is struggling we don't have to be automatically screwed.

Developing Harrison is cool or whatever when Conley is playing well..

#6 gentlemanquartely

gentlemanquartely

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Stick with the development of Harrison.  Unless we can get Douglas back in the fold.  In the meantime, I'm ok with Harrison growing and learning on the job.

#7 Grizzled Vet

Grizzled Vet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:12 AM

Without an open roster spot for the Grizzlies I just don't see it happening with Chalmers, Douglas, or even Norris Cole.

I don't think they will waive anyone and take on an additional player.

I don't think they will be able to open up a roster spot via trade by doing a 2 for 1 trade or 1 for draft pick trade because most the teams in the league don't have open roster spots, so it will be costly.  

Now if an injury happens somewhere, it can happen, but that is my gut feeling right now about the current FA's.

Now acquiring some vet via trade...possible.

#8 chasingpapes

chasingpapes

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

Its a big red flag when its already middle of january n he said in the summer he was on track to return early november. So obviously somethins wrong there hopefully its just on the conditionin side of tings. Slim chances on resignin him at this point i think, sadly cuz we really could use him to backup Mike.

edit; Grizz need to do this- Carter to the Raptors for Fred Vanvleet n a 2nd rounder. Waive Vanvleet n sign him to Iowa. Basically we trade Carter so we can sign Chalmers/Douglas n clear out our wing clutter.

#9 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

Would rather develop Baldwin and Harrison over signing some old dude to play over them. I wonder if they are going to get Baldwin a second chance in the rotation any time soon

#10 BHZMAFIA

BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

People still want Chalmers even though history suggest players returning from a torn achilles are 50% of what they use to be? 

#11 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,862 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

People still want Chalmers even though history suggest players returning from a torn achilles are 50% of what they use to be? 

They don't understand the problem returning from such an injury. I know because I tore my Achilles tendon. You are never the same afterwards. I don't care how great an athlete you were before the injury. 

#12 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

50℅ Chalmers.

Still better than Harrison

#13 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,546 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

50℅ Chalmers.

Still better than Harrison

100% Toney Douglas better than them both. 

#14 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

Can yall please cut out this Toney Douglas nonsense? The dudes booty. We cut him a month ago and he still hasnt been signed by another team. That should tell you something

#15 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,696 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:22 PM

I don't understand all the hate for Harrison.  Sure, he doesn't have a good shooting percentage, but he plays defense, doesn't turn the ball over much, gets a decent amount of assists, and is third best on the team at getting to the line.  And I guess everyone dismissed Fanboy Slim's post showing that he was 29th in the league in defensive win shares (actually 28th since the number one was Lance in his 6 game stint in NO before being cut).  Is everyone wrapped up in this mindset that every PG has to be a Curry/Irving/Lilliard great jumpshot gunner?

#16 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,546 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

Can yall please cut out this Toney Douglas nonsense? The dudes booty. We cut him a month ago and he still hasnt been signed by another team. That should tell you something

I'm no Toney Douglas fan but he is a much more logical option than Chalmers.

#17 BigHunkALove

BigHunkALove

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

I can handle Harrison he hasnt been too bad the last few games. He's restricted his jacking of shots, he's focusing more on drives to the rim, and he's D (fouling) has improved a bit during the last recent stretch.

When the rotations tighten, which they inevitably will, Mike will be playing 35-38 which means Harrison will only be needed for 10-12, less if Fiz keeps using TA as a makeshift backup PG

#18 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,543 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:50 AM

edit; Grizz need to do this- Carter to the Raptors for Fred Vanvleet n a 2nd rounder. Waive Vanvleet n sign him to Iowa. Basically we trade Carter so we can sign Chalmers/Douglas n clear out our wing clutter.

That's not a legal trade.

#19 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:28 AM

Yeah the Toney Douglas hype is out of hand lol. He's okay, the big shot against Portland has clouded ppl.

Better than Harrison yes

#20 chasingpapes

chasingpapes

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

That's not a legal trade.

That dang CBA brings me back to earth on my trades everytime lol. Didn't run it in the trade machine but they could get a third team involved n pull somethin off. A small trade like that to open a spot for an FA. I could see that happenin.