#21 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Eli @ Dec 18 2008, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to see a big move and I think we will make moves. Heisley has shown that he will make moves. The thing is, it seems that every big move we make involves either young unproven rookies or second tier veterans. I don't know if I'm making sense, but I would just love to see us sign a guy that we KNOW will come in and produce and make us a heck of a lot better.

Yes, you are making sense. And something like that is gonna go a long way in showing the city he is serious about this.

#22 chipc3

chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,858 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Eli @ Dec 18 2008, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to see a big move and I think we will make moves. Heisley has shown that he will make moves. The thing is, it seems that every big move we make involves either young unproven rookies or second tier veterans. I don't know if I'm making sense, but I would just love to see us sign a guy that we KNOW will come in and produce and make us a heck of a lot better.

Heisley is against making moves for veterans right now. He wants to develop the young players over the next two seasons, add more talent from the draft and if someone who fits his desire becomes available he will act on that. Signing Josh Smith this past summer was a prime example of Heisley willing to pay to bring in a star in the making but he is unwilling to bring in a player who won't be a star three years from now. No Jermaine O'Neal deals or Shaquille deals in other words. Heisley realizes his plan will take time and luck but he is resigned to go this route. What he doesn't want to do is abandon the plan 6 months in to trade away young talent for an aging overpaid star.

#23 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (chipc3 @ Dec 18 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heisley is against making moves for veterans right now. He wants to develop the young players over the next two seasons, add more talent from the draft and if someone who fits his desire becomes available he will act on that. Signing Josh Smith this past summer was a prime example of Heisley willing to pay to bring in a star in the making but he is unwilling to bring in a player who won't be a star three years from now. No Jermaine O'Neal deals or Shaquille deals in other words. Heisley realizes his plan will take time and luck but he is resigned to go this route. What he doesn't want to do is abandon the plan 6 months in to trade away young talent for an aging overpaid star.

Yeah but there is a big difference in getting a Bosh/Amare as opposed to getting an oft injured Jermaine or over the hill Shaq.

#24 The People's Champ

The People's Champ

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Eli @ Dec 18 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kobe Bryant says he expects the Knicks to play an important role in the 2010 free-agency, and it isn't just because they play in the middle of Manhattan.

"Obviously it's a huge market," Bryant said after the Lakers' entertaining 116-114 win over the Knicks on Tuesday night at Staples Center. "But players really love (Mike) D'Antoni, love playing for him."