12 replies to this topic

#1 GrizzTigerFan

GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

TH: Mike and Marc (AKA THE CORNERSTONES)
HM: Treat Tony Allen and the defense

#2 BigHunkALove

BigHunkALove

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,955 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

TH: Mike and Marc (AKA THE CORNERSTONES)
HM: Treat Tony Allen and the defense

Sorry to interfere with your post brother, great minds think alike

#3 grizz1016

grizz1016

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

TH: Gasol and TA
HM: Mike and Jam

#4 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

Mike and Marc + defense = a beautiful thing. I LOVE how Mike and Marc are playing. I just wish we had one more high level player this year!

#5 BigHunkALove

BigHunkALove

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,955 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

TH: As much as I've considered others, it has to be Tony "Treats" Allen

HM: Majic Mike, Gasoline

Wright and Harrison were good too

#6 some1nw

some1nw

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

TH: Gasol and TA
HM: Mike and Jam

this

#7 scooter

scooter

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

TH: Gasol with a triple double tonight.  18 pts.  10 rebounds  10 assists

HM: Mike Conley

#8 Memfizz

Memfizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

TH: Mike
HM: entire team or Gasol

#9 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

But. But. But Gasol passed so much that he wound up with 10 assists. I sure do despise his playmaking... :D 

#10 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

But. But. But Gasol passed so much that he wound up with 10 assists. I sure do despise his playmaking... :D

It might be just blind faith, but I really think the grizzlies can make a run this year. Fizz has our best players having their best season. It really all depends on how good our role players play. It would be beautiful to see Jam averaging 15 in the playoffs, and Tony playing like he can and getting Brandon right going.

#11 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

It might be just blind faith, but I really think the grizzlies can make a run this year. Fizz has our best players having their best season. It really all depends on how good our role players play. It would be beautiful to see Jam averaging 15 in the playoffs, and Tony playing like he can and getting Brandon right going.

I just don't know if our defense can maintain a high enough level throughout, and I'm not totally confident in the players around Conley/Gasol. A healthy Parsons clicking on all cylinders and I'd give them a punchers chance.

Ennis is hit or miss, Vince is just old lets call it what it is, it will catch up with him at some point, Harrison is a box of chocolates, then you have trick or treat Tony. TD is either hot or cold.

If we can get all of our role guys clicking together all at the same time, and Conley/Gasol perform and embrace the alpha roles or the killer instinct to close big playoff games, we'll have a shot especially if we're lucky enough to either have Golden State eliminated, or if we're able to catch them without Durant.

I'm as big a Grizz fan as they come, but I can't make a case for us beating a full strength Warriors team. Just far too much firepower to match them punch for punch. We just don't have enough role guys that can consistently knock down key jump shots when called upon.

#12 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

I just don't know if our defense can maintain a high enough level throughout, and I'm not totally confident in the players around Conley/Gasol. A healthy Parsons clicking on all cylinders and I'd give them a punchers chance.

Ennis is hit or miss, Vince is just old lets call it what it is, it will catch up with him at some point, Harrison is a box of chocolates, then you have trick or treat Tony. TD is either hot or cold.

If we can get all of our role guys clicking together all at the same time, and Conley/Gasol perform and embrace the alpha roles or the killer instinct to close big playoff games, we'll have a shot especially if we're lucky enough to either have Golden State eliminated, or if we're able to catch them without Durant.

I'm as big a Grizz fan as they come, but I can't make a case for us beating a full strength Warriors team. Just far too much firepower to match them punch for punch. We just don't have enough role guys that can consistently knock down key jump shots when called upon.

Again the two guys that I think can elevate their games are: Jam and Wright. Zbo and Tony are going to be good to great according to their abilities being older players.

I also think that Harrison has a little Grevis Vasquez in him. He just doesn't care about the name on the back of his opponent's jersey. I love his demeanor on the court of not giving a ****.  

#13 Gradey

Gradey

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Its a lot easier to play decent D when one of your players is not out there in a walker.