#21 hardbw

hardbw

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Hellonwheels1 @ Dec 23 2008, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plays no defense, turns the ball over, takes stupid shots and plays no D late in games. HE CHOKES

NO POINTS IN THE 4th quarter and just a unbelievable stupid shot because Rudy's afraid to go to the basket

#22 Hellonwheels1

Hellonwheels1

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (BnaBreaker @ Dec 22 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lord have mercy...if only stupidity were illegal...

Whats stupid about it? Point of thread is I think Rudy cost us another game and what?

#23 Hellonwheels1

Hellonwheels1

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (hardbw @ Dec 22 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO POINTS IN THE 4th quarter and just a unbelievable stupid shot because Rudy's afraid to go to the basket

Thank You, **** someone speaks the truth. The guys love them some Rudy Gay, ****.

#24 hardbw

hardbw

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (BnaBreaker @ Dec 23 2008, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For gods sake, if you're too impatient then leave already and stop annoying everyone else with your pissy crap. You're free to leave.
Do you know the owner who out there is worth signing - I love people that think we should pay someone just to pay thats why the franchise became what it is stupid contracts. Smart decisions in the draft and good financial decisions in free agency is how you do like the Spurs and win

#25 Markey78

Markey78

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

Rudy made a bonehead move and shot he still had a great game. But name me someone who can stop Kobe??? Go ahead I'll wait. Also Ivy got schooled by Phil in the end. This loss was more bad coaching and having the wrong players in at the time.

#26 LOULOU

LOULOU

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:God, my Wife,Family,School,Grizzlies,Nike Sneakers,Sportcenter!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

Man I can't stand FAKE FANS! So if we woulda beat the lakers you'd act like you were the best Grizz fan in the world! Get away You fake fan!

#27 f-dizzle

f-dizzle

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (hardbw @ Dec 23 2008, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I gotta an idea! Let's trade Rudy for expiring contracts and draft picks to the Lakers. Then let's watch them win the next 5 NBA championships. rolleyes.gif

#28 BnaBreaker

BnaBreaker

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Hellonwheels1 @ Dec 22 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whats stupid about it? Point of thread is I think Rudy cost us another game and what?

So, say I think ****ing Elvis cost us the basketball game. Should I make a thread about it? Not only that, should I make a thread about it after EVERY SINGLE FREAKING LOSS?!?

I don't care if you thought this up in your head. Maybe thinking is a special event worth celebrating for you. I don't know. But as far as this particular "thought" is concerned, it's a stupid thought, it's a poorly thought out thought, and it doesn't deserve to be made into a thread once, much less five times.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a player, but for the love of god, if it's not even accurate or valid or original criticism, and this fits all three criteria, then just keep it to your **** self and stop whining.

I thought you were leaving?

#29 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (hardbw @ Dec 22 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, so let's just forget those other times when he helped carry us in the 4th. Let's totally ignore his 23 pts helped keep us in this game in the first place. Anyway, I thought Rudy was a ballhog, people should be happy he didn't take a shot right? He's not the franchise player anyway so why should he be taking shots?

#30 f-dizzle

f-dizzle

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

Kobe had five turnovers, but did he hesitate to take the shot? There was no way in hell OJ was getting that ball on the last play, Rudy had to shoot it.

#31 10SC-2-TOKYO

10SC-2-TOKYO

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,640 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Hellonwheels1 @ Dec 23 2008, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank You, **** someone speaks the truth. The guys love them some Rudy Gay, ****.

NOTE FROM MOD :
Please let me see ONE more post from YOU with * <- THAT mark in it and I am gonna send ya !

(note to the old heads : keep 'em clean guys ...)

For real .

You have every right to post what your thoughts are ( using the term thoughts VERY loosely here)

and we have every right to IGNORE these threads ( hint wink.gif)

BUT when you cross a line in here ...

That's where I exercise MY rights !

-Toke

Cool ?

#32 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (hardbw @ Dec 22 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you know the owner who out there is worth signing - I love people that think we should pay someone just to pay thats why the franchise became what it is stupid contracts. Smart decisions in the draft and good financial decisions in free agency is how you do like the Spurs and win

The Spurs suffered through quite a few bad seasons before they became a top notch team.

#33 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Markey78 @ Dec 22 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rudy made a bonehead move and shot he still had a great game. But name me someone who can stop Kobe??? Go ahead I'll wait. Also Ivy got schooled by Phil in the end. This loss was more bad coaching and having the wrong players in at the time.

You use that example of of "who can guard Kobe", well, who can out coach Phil? Why don't you give the same break to Ivy that you give to Rudy?

#34 HPTMatt

HPTMatt

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 22 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't time for you to let your mom use the computer so you can get a new "uncle"?

daaaaaaaannnnnggggg....X comin' down from the top turnbuckle with the folding chair!! laugh.gif

And Grizzfan27 or whatever your mult is today, please stop. The Grizzlies lost this game to a much better team.

Oh. And Ivy is a moron. Forgot that part.

#35 SC Grizz

SC Grizz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Hellonwheels1 @ Dec 23 2008, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plays no defense, turns the ball over, takes stupid shots and plays no D late in games. HE CHOKES

You are just silly.

great game by our guys tonight. It was just too bad we couldn't pull out the win.

#36 Hellonwheels1

Hellonwheels1

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (BnaBreaker @ Dec 22 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, say I think ****ing Elvis cost us the basketball game. Should I make a thread about it? Not only that, should I make a thread about it after EVERY SINGLE FREAKING LOSS?!?

I don't care if you thought this up in your head. Maybe thinking is a special event worth celebrating for you. I don't know. But as far as this particular "thought" is concerned, it's a stupid thought, it's a poorly thought out thought, and it doesn't deserve to be made into a thread once, much less five times.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a player, but for the love of god, if it's not even accurate or valid or original criticism, and this fits all three criteria, then just keep it to your **** self and stop whining.

I thought you were leaving?

that's better. You made more sense with that post. good job

#37 david sparks

david sparks

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (BnaBreaker @ Dec 23 2008, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear to God.... angry.gif

+1

this is absolute horse crap for real.

this was not a loss on rudy.

when you have rudy and mayo combining for 45 points, hak chipping in 14/4 along with darko and gasol in double digits and plenty of rebs,

this loss was on no one.

the win was on kobe.

the griz played a great game and despite losing both times, gave real contenders in the hornets and lakers a serious run for their money and displayed our ability to be in the playoff picture to to long from now. rudy did a great job tonight. all the griz did. nobody had a bad game, kobe just had a better one. thats why hes kobe.

we're missing one serious contributor to being in the playoff race and 2 pieces imo from being in the conference race. those plus a bench retooling and we're in a serious finals race and this is gearing up to be a good rivalry in the making between us and portland pretty soon.

doesnt seem hak will be around next year, but with his inspired off the bench play, and his determination to improve something every year, i think we'd be suckers to let him go. hes a great bench scorer and his D has improved alot. he makes big shots when theyre needed from far out and is forcing it less in the paint. he's also passing alot more as of the last 7 games it seems.

this thread is 100% garbage and anybody that agrees with the title is as well.

that was a great game!

#38 CircleK83

CircleK83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (hardbw @ Dec 22 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Run-on pointless sentences = wetoddid my friend. You may be hard, but not when it comes to basketball knowledge.

#39 Sean Touhy's Adopted Son

Sean Touhy's Adopted Son

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:20 AM

This is the most ridiculous thread I think I've seen on this board in at least an hour.

Pinning this loss on Rudy is laughable at best. Were any of the people on this board sitting behind our bench, or have a spot holed up cozy next to Coach Ivy's brain matter? For all any of us know, that could have been the play that Coach drew up for Rudy. He is our go-to guy in the coach's eyes, be it seniority or who was hotter that game, so he gets the ball. I felt comfortable with Rudy taking the shot because he has been shooting lights out during this homestand. Credit the Lakers for playing him close with great defense, the shot didnt go in. Most of the people sniping on this topic probably thought this would be a blowout, and the Grizz showed toughness and grit and fell apart in the last minute. I'll take it from the youngest team in the NBA with a smile on my face. It was a great game.

People that want Rudy traded are fools. There is no player we could get for him that is equal compensation or better, and if we used him as bait to get our scoring 4, people on here would complain that we didnt have a great 3/swingman. One piece at a time, folks.

Oh, and he's only in his 3rd season too.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a member of the Sunshine Patrol. I do not have a mancrush on Rudy Gay. I just think it is seriously warped to blame this loss on Rudy when he was most likely doing what the coach asked. If it comes out in the Commercial Appeal tomorrow that in a post-game interview that Rudy said "I did what I wanted to, I dont listen to the coach, I hate Jesus, puppies, kittens and the free world..."then and only then will you have a valid point about him being a problem for this team.

#40 BnaBreaker

BnaBreaker

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Hellonwheels1 @ Dec 23 2008, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's better. You made more sense with that post. good job

It's rather unfortunate for you though that you were too dense to grasp it the first several times around. I really shouldn't have had to sit you down and spell it out to you how idiotic this thread is.