#21 BealeSt.BlueBleeder

BealeSt.BlueBleeder

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 20 2008, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He could have gone to one of the luxury suites. I've seen him do that several times too. The point is, there is no reason to badmouth the guy for something that nobody can verify that he actually did. Now if you want to badmouth him for the Three Year Plan, then go right ahead. wink.gif

Already ripped him for that one! LOL

#22 El Lobo

El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

When we were down 71 to 46, I called 911. I was arrested after the game. The police picked me up as I was leaving the Forum! Charged me with improper use of an emergency number. Took me straight to jail. 4 days in jail with no bond allowed; and the rest of the season on probation! Looks like I'll miss the Laker game angry.gif No TV allowed in my cell sad.gif

#23 guillermo

guillermo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (jd @ Dec 20 2008, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When we were down 71 to 46, I called 911. I was arrested after the game. The police picked me up as I was leaving the Forum! Charged me with improper use of an emergency number. Took me straight to jail. 4 days in jail with no bond allowed; and the rest of the season on probation! Looks like I'll miss the Laker game angry.gif No TV allowed in my cell sad.gif

Not really though, right?

#24 JenkzMEMPHIS

JenkzMEMPHIS

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Sports, Film and Video, Music, Gettin Crunk.

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

Guys, can we PLEASE stop the hatred towards each others programs. Seriously. It gets old fast. I along with alot of other Memphians am a lifelong Tiger fan. I've been with the team through the ups and downs. Same with the Grizzlies. I became a Grizzlies fan the day they moved to Memphis and am still loyal to the team. I don't understand why Grizzlies fans hate Tiger fans and vise versa. I really don't. Do you guys not think it would be beneficial to both teams to increase fan support in the home city?

#25 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,655 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (JenkzUM @ Dec 20 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys, can we PLEASE stop the hatred towards each others programs. Seriously. It gets old fast. I along with alot of other Memphians am a lifelong Tiger fan. I've been with the team through the ups and downs. Same with the Grizzlies. I became a Grizzlies fan the day they moved to Memphis and am still loyal to the team. I don't understand why Grizzlies fans hate Tiger fans and vise versa. I really don't. Do you guys not think it would be beneficial to both teams to increase fan support in the home city?

I don't hate Tiger fans. I just don't like this new arrogance they have like they have been supporting the program through lean years. I am an Arkansas fan, I remember bringing more fans to TIGER home games.

#26 dgause

dgause

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (JenkzUM @ Dec 20 2008, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think part of the problem is that when the Grizz started to get bad and the Tigers became the toast of the town, you had some UofM fans coming here with their "Tiger Shades" on thinking that all the Grizz have to do in order to put fans in the seats is to draft Tiger players.

Personally, I'm a Buckeye fan(grew up in Cleveland) so I could care less about the Tigers. I DO see that most Tiger fans are like Cowboy fans though. When they win, all you hear about is how great they are and how they'll all be lottery picks that the Grizz should take. When they lose, you can barely get two words out of em. laugh.gif

#27 El Lobo

El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (guillermo @ Dec 20 2008, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really though, right?

No, not really. I guess my post was a bad joke huh.gif ; sorta like the Grizz/Bobcat game.

#28 dgause

dgause

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (jd @ Dec 20 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, not really. I guess my post was a bad joke huh.gif ; sorta like the Grizz/Bobcat game.

LOL@him taking you serious. Yeah, they have comcast internet in the holding cell man.

#29 El Lobo

El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (JenkzUM @ Dec 20 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, considering our present attendance woes, we need all the support we can get. Come on down!!!! Tiger, Razorback, Rebel, Vol, Buckeye, and yes, Laker fans; we need everybody we can get.

#30 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 20 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't hate Tiger fans. I just don't like this new arrogance they have like they have been supporting the program through lean years. I am an Arkansas fan, I remember bringing more fans to TIGER home games.

Word.

#31 komongo

komongo

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 20 2008, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He could have gone to one of the luxury suites. I've seen him do that several times too. The point is, there is no reason to badmouth the guy for something that nobody can verify that he actually did. Now if you want to badmouth him for the Three Year Plan, then go right ahead. wink.gif

My wife and I left mid way thru the 4th....We saw Heisley walking toward Opus. He could have been in the Grizzlies box, but I did not see where he had been.

#32 RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Grizzn04)

RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Grizzn04)

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:22 PM

I'm a tiger and Grizzlies season ticket holder..so it is definitely possible to be a fan of both...I don't understand why people act like it isn't. As far as the game the other night..me and my significant other left early in the 4th quarter also. I even booed during the 3rd quarter. These are things I never thought I would do and have gotten on other fans for doing just such in the past...but the thing that irked me the most was that the effort wasn't there. It is one thing to get beat when you are playing hard..doing your best..and playing against a team with superior talent..ala the Hornets game the other night...but when you are down 30 at home to a team I feel like we are better than it boils down to effort.

When you have guys like Ryan Hollins driving the ball str8 down the middle unevaded and dunking..you have a problem. This happened late in the 3rd quarter while Rudy just stood there and watched. It was just a layup/dunk fest the entire game. We only had 23 rebounds. I saw no fire..no intensity whatsoever from our guys. I'm a season ticket holder..and definitely am not giving up on the team..but from now on..everytime I see the ***** poor effort on the floor that I saw on Friday night i'm going to do the same. I hope the guys got the message and come out with an inspired effort on Monday...even if we lose the game by 25..if I see the effort and toughness from the guys i'll be satisfied. At this point with the inexperience of our team that is all I want...it's all you can ask for. GO GRIZZLIES!!!

#33 The REF

The REF

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (f-dizzle @ Dec 20 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heisley has got to move the team. On a pretty warm December night, there should have been more fans there. The Tigers had 17,000 against Marist. The fans give players energy too. With 5,000 fans there, it's hard to get energized. But part of the blame goes on Heisley. When Darko and Marko are your highest paid players, you are a pretty talentless team. If Mayo or Gay ain't playing well, it's a guaranteed blowout.

Do you think Mayo or Gay will quit on the team? I don't mean quit literally, but like early in March if our record is like 12-50, would they continue to play hard?

#34 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 20 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummm...Herrington just said that Heisly left his courtside seat at halftime (something he does regularly, by the way -- often to reappear in the 4th quarter), not that he left the Forum completely. Just thought that should be pointed out.

Don't know how I missed your post on this before now. Agree Heisly has done this many times.
I think Herrington knows this also, an was just trying to put a perinthesis on his article sense there was little to say good about the game.

Better games ahead of us. Learn from this loss and just move on.

#35 Allen

Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (OJ The Juice Maker @ Dec 21 2008, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think Mayo or Gay will quit on the team? I don't mean quit literally, but like early in March if our record is like 12-50, would they continue to play hard?

3 wins in 3 months would have to be a record. Forget playing hard, I would just retire.

#36 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Allen @ Dec 21 2008, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 wins in 3 months would have to be a record. Forget playing hard, I would just retire.

I must say I had a pretty good chuckle. That was a good one Allen.

#37 sativa417

sativa417

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:59 AM

The Tigers haven't always sold out every game through the years, but the support has been there although there were some down years between Finch being fired and Cal being hired since there were some coaching issues (most notably Tic Price). I've been a fan since Elliot Perry played (i'm only 26), and I remember in elementary school the teachers would actually let us watch the NCAA tourney games if the Tigers were playing while school was still in session.

Something you have to remember about the Tiger sellouts is that alot of those people are students. The Grizz don't have something like that to fall back on.

One of the problems with the Grizz were how they came to Memphis in that the locals were going to have to pay for the arena with the taxes or whatever. It kind of turned some people off on the team before they even came here. My grandmother is a Tiger fan and always watched every game so she likes basketball, but she never supported the Grizz because of the reason stated. I imagine alot of other people felt the same way so you couple that with the fact the Grizz weren't that good the first years and you have a lot of basketball fans that didn't support the team before they got here and saw no reason to support them when they did get here. Once the Grizz started to win some of these people might have finally started to become fans, but then we start to suck again and they lost the interest they gained.

Another issue is that people think the Grizz will move to another city. I know that's almost impossible, but the average person doesn't know all the technical rules so they think the team will move and don't support them eventhough they've been here a while now. Look at the Titans. When the Oilers moved to Memphis no one went to the games because they knew they'd be moving to Nashville. It didn't matter that they had the opportunity to watch NFL games in person.

I'm personally like another poster said. I'm a Tiger fan and became a Grizz fan as soon as they moved to Memphis.

completely off topic, but i just checked Tic Price on wikipedia and it ends with "Shortly before his third season as Tigers head coach, he resigned." Kind of funny there's no mention of why he resigned.

#38 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

sativa with the rare appearance...nice

#39 david sparks

david sparks

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (f-dizzle @ Dec 20 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heisley has got to move the team. On a pretty warm December night, there should have been more fans there. The Tigers had 17,000 against Marist. The fans give players energy too. With 5,000 fans there, it's hard to get energized. But part of the blame goes on Heisley. When Darko and Marko are your highest paid players, you are a pretty talentless team. If Mayo or Gay ain't playing well, it's a guaranteed blowout.

um... the tigers win.
the griz dont.

ive long said, you can fix every single problem this team has, by winning games. the end.

if he wants to stick around for a whole game and see a happy ending, we need more talent.

so dont compare the tigers to the griz.

#40 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,655 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (david sparks @ Dec 21 2008, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
um... the tigers win.
the griz dont

ive long said, you can fix every single problem this team has, by winning games. the end.

if he wants to stick around for a whole game and see a happy ending, we need more talent.

so dont compare the tigers to the griz.

It really is that simple.

That is why I hated the 3YP.