#1 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,652 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

Chris Herrington Post game...

3. Impressing the Boss: Who enjoyed a courtside seat for his basketball abomination? Owner Michael Heisley. The big boss man vacated courtside at halftime. Maybe he vacated the building too. Who would blame him? Sticking it out at courtside, looking perplexed at how listless and terrible the Griz played, and chatting up Chris Wallace after the game: Worldwide Wes. (Presumably in town for Syracuse-University of Memphis tomorrow).

Do something Mikey!!! I am not talking about firing Iavaroni either.

GET SOME ******* TALENT ON THE TEAM!!!!

#2 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

i turned off the tv at halftime too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha

#3 bgassassin

bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,519 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

Why so serious? *still hasn't seen the movie*

We just caught lightning in a bottle with Darius Miles.

#4 f-dizzle

f-dizzle

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

Heisley has got to move the team. On a pretty warm December night, there should have been more fans there. The Tigers had 17,000 against Marist. The fans give players energy too. With 5,000 fans there, it's hard to get energized. But part of the blame goes on Heisley. When Darko and Marko are your highest paid players, you are a pretty talentless team. If Mayo or Gay ain't playing well, it's a guaranteed blowout.

#5 NancyW

NancyW

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Interests:Sports, mainly NBA and MLB but I sometimes watch NFL, sports related travel, animals, reading murder mysteries such as James Patterson novels, and listening to music.

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Zack @ Dec 20 2008, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i turned off the tv at halftime too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha

So I suppose this means that there won't be an account of this atrocity on 3ShadesofBlue? Darn! Just kidding, you guys can skip the write-up of last night's game. Sitting though it was bad enough and I really don't want to read about or rehash the misery.

I've never left a game early and I didn't leave early last night, but I'm kicking myself in the rear for not walking out before the game was over....and that's BAD, BAD for me!

#6 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (NancyW @ Dec 20 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I suppose this means that there won't be an account of this atrocity on 3ShadesofBlue? Darn! Just kidding, you guys can skip the write-up of last night's game. Sitting though it was bad enough and I really don't want to read about or rehash the misery.

I've never left a game early and I didn't leave early last night, but I'm kicking myself in the rear for not walking out before the game was over....and that's BAD, BAD for me!

i was debating whether to write something up or not.....

i haven't seen the 2nd half yet.....

even herrington didn't want to write much after that trainwreck....

i thought about doing something in lieu of a formal writeup.....

#7 NancyW

NancyW

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Interests:Sports, mainly NBA and MLB but I sometimes watch NFL, sports related travel, animals, reading murder mysteries such as James Patterson novels, and listening to music.

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (Zack @ Dec 20 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was debating whether to write something up or not.....

i haven't seen the 2nd half yet.....

even herrington didn't want to write much after that trainwreck....

i thought about doing something in lieu of a formal writeup.....

If you watch the 2nd half you'll only make yourself ill.....we should all forget this one and move on to Monday night vs. the Lakers. Let's hope our guys will have recovered from their comatose states of last night.

#8 bgassassin

bgassassin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,519 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (f-dizzle @ Dec 20 2008, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heisley has got to move the team. On a pretty warm December night, there should have been more fans there. The Tigers had 17,000 against Marist. The fans give players energy too. With 5,000 fans there, it's hard to get energized. But part of the blame goes on Heisley. When Darko and Marko are your highest paid players, you are a pretty talentless team. If Mayo or Gay ain't playing well, it's a guaranteed blowout.

He doesn't have to move the team. He has to give fans a reason to go to the game. People go to the Tigers' games because of what they have done. You and I both know it hasn't always been that way with the Tigers. Just like the Grizzlies now, the Tigers would only draw when a good team would come to town.

Side note: People talk about Ivy being out-coached, but it doesn't take much to do that when you only got two decent players. Take one out of the game and that's it. Until we address both our limited perimeter game and limited post game, we'll lose and lose often.

QUOTE (NancyW @ Dec 20 2008, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
move on to Monday night vs. the Lakers

I still think that was the reason for the blow out. They moved on before playing the Bobcats. Looking ahead always brings disaster.

#9 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,652 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (f-dizzle @ Dec 20 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

******* Tigers fans make me sick. Acting as if they have been supporting the tigers for the last 10 years. GTFO. When I first moved to Memphis, nobody was even talking about the Tiger basketball team or wearing any gear. Now these bandwagoners who would only go to GRIZZLIES games only 5 years ago want to act like they have had big crowds forever. Tigers fanbase is just as fickle. 3 years after Cal and they won't draw flies like before. Tigers. Tigers. Tigers. Where the hell are you in football season? F'n joke, the whole lot of you.

/rant off

#10 f-dizzle

f-dizzle

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 20 2008, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
******* Tigers fans make me sick. Acting as if they have been supporting the tigers for the last 10 years. GTFO. When I first moved to Memphis, nobody was even talking about the Tiger basketball team or wearing any gear. Now these bandwagoners who would only go to GRIZZLIES games only 5 years ago want to act like they have had big crowds forever. Tigers fanbase is just as fickle. 3 years after Cal and they won't draw flies like before. Tigers. Tigers. Tigers. Where the hell are you in football season? F'n joke, the whole lot of you.

/rant off

Even as a homer, I sometimes hate the Tiger fans too, but facts are facts. With Darko, Walker, and Buckner as your highest paid players, our talent level takes a nose-dive after Rudy and OJ. The Tigers might lose 5-8 games this year, but it will be to sellout crowds.

#11 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,652 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (f-dizzle @ Dec 20 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even as a homer, I sometimes hate the Tiger fans too, but facts are facts. With Darko, Walker, and Buckner as your highest paid players, our talent level takes a nose-dive after Rudy and OJ. The Tigers might lose 5-8 games this year, but it will be to sellout crowds.

...and it has always been so?

#12 f-dizzle

f-dizzle

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 20 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...and it has always been so?

It's been pretty consistent after the Tigers made the NCAAs for the first time in years. Every year, coach cal seems to bring in one or two impact players and they typically have had very good squads.

#13 NancyW

NancyW

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (bgassassin @ Dec 20 2008, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He doesn't have to move the team. He has to give fans a reason to go to the game. People go to the Tigers' games because of what they have done. You and I both know it hasn't always been that way with the Tigers. Just like the Grizzlies now, the Tigers would only draw when a good team would come to town.

Side note: People talk about Ivy being out-coached, but it doesn't take much to do that when you only got two decent players. Take one out of the game and that's it. Until we address both our limited perimeter game and limited post game, we'll lose and lose often.

I still think that was the reason for the blow out. They moved on before playing the Bobcats. Looking ahead always brings disaster.

I agree with you that perhaps the guys mentally moved on to Monday night's game vs. the Lakers. Unfortunately I think we saw their immaturity last night and thought they could simply show up for the game and coast their way to a win. If anything positive is to come out of last night's game, hopefully it will be a wake-up call to our very young players...I certainly hope so.

#14 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,652 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (f-dizzle @ Dec 20 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been pretty consistent after the Tigers made the NCAAs for the first time in years. Every year, coach cal seems to bring in one or two impact players and they typically have had very good squads.

laugh.gif

#15 BealeSt.BlueBleeder

BealeSt.BlueBleeder

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (bgassassin @ Dec 20 2008, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He doesn't have to move the team. [b][/b]He has to give fans a reason to go to the game. People go to the Tigers' games because of what they have done. You and I both know it hasn't always been that way with the Tigers. Just like the Grizzlies now, the Tigers would only draw when a good team would come to town.

BINGO! Yes we have oj mayo true enough,but nobody is going to pay admission to see a guy get atleast 20 guaranteed and have his team still lose. They'd just rather enjoy his highlights on tv from the comforts of home knowing they did not have to pay money to watch a blowout to the CHARLOTTE BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 BealeSt.BlueBleeder

BealeSt.BlueBleeder

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:01 AM

Also,why are we fans on this topic bashing each other. Tigers bashing Grizzlies and vice versa. The man who should be getting absoloutely ridiculed right now is michael heisley! I don't care how much your team is losing OR winning by,the owner DOES NOT leave the game at halftime. If the owner himself does not want to sit and see his team spanked right before his eyes,why should he expect us fans to want to sit and see it game after game! Why should we pay money,which is hard to come by now a days,and not be ticked when the team loses when the owner,who is a billionaire,pays money and just flat out leaves at halftime. Heisley should realize that if he wants this city to support and believe in this team he has to do the same thing! We pay good money hoping to see a good product on the floor,so he should spend money to put a good product on the floor. We sit through loss after loss after loss after blowout loss,the least he could do is join us in our misery!

#17 Spartacus

Spartacus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,621 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (BealeSt.BlueBleeder @ Dec 20 2008, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also,why are we fans on this topic bashing each other. Tigers bashing Grizzlies and vice versa. The man who should be getting absoloutely ridiculed right now is michael heisley! I don't care how much your team is losing OR winning by,the owner DOES NOT leave the game at halftime. If the owner himself does not want to sit and see his team spanked right before his eyes,why should he expect us fans to want to sit and see it game after game! Why should we pay money,which is hard to come by now a days,and not be ticked when the team loses when the owner,who is a billionaire,pays money and just flat out leaves at halftime. Heisley should realize that if he wants this city to support and believe in this team he has to do the same thing! We pay good money hoping to see a good product on the floor,so he should spend money to put a good product on the floor. We sit through loss after loss after loss after blowout loss,the least he could do is join us in our misery!

Ummm...Herrington just said that Heisly left his courtside seat at halftime (something he does regularly, by the way -- often to reappear in the 4th quarter), not that he left the Forum completely. Just thought that should be pointed out.

#18 BealeSt.BlueBleeder

BealeSt.BlueBleeder

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 20 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummm...Herrington just said that Heisly left his courtside seat at halftime something he does regularly, by the way -- often to reappear in the 4th quarter), not that he left the Forum completely. Just thought that should be pointed out.

Apparently he didn't do that last night if no one has mentioned that he returned

#19 Spartacus

Spartacus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,621 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (BealeSt.BlueBleeder @ Dec 20 2008, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently he didn't do that last night if no one has mentioned that he returned

He could have gone to one of the luxury suites. I've seen him do that several times too. The point is, there is no reason to badmouth the guy for something that nobody can verify that he actually did. Now if you want to badmouth him for the Three Year Plan, then go right ahead. wink.gif

#20 LOULOU

LOULOU

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:God, my Wife,Family,School,Grizzlies,Nike Sneakers,Sportcenter!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 20 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/rant off

I so agree with you!