30 replies to this topic

#21 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:45 AM

If I owned the Grizz I would have to hire the best available personal to run it for me. As much as I would like to think I new how to run a team. I know from owning a few businesses of my own. Key personnel can make or break a business. As an owner you must over see the key personnel at all times, and act quickly.

#22 JRome

JRome

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (OJ The Juice Maker @ Dec 20 2008, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.) Who would you build your team around?

2.) What moves would you make and why?

3.) What coach would you like to hire to replace Coach Ivaroni

4.) Would you be a cheap azz owner?

1. I would build the team around Rudy and hope that O.J. would stay on board. Only because Rudy presents better match-up advantages we could exploit. O.J. is a terrific second option but I feel like he is easier to guard.

2. Move one of the point guards and Hakim Warrick while we can. I like Kyle better but Mike has been bringing it on lately. Hak is good off the bench with alot of minutes, but he has topped out.

3. Not sure about coaches but "MY" top 3 would be Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy and Flip Saunders.

4. I wouldn't call it cheap, but I would do what's in the best interest of my pockets. I think that's what Heisley is doing. If a move presents itself I wouldn't hesitate to move on it if it made me money. Making me more money would have to make the team better. The idea of any investment is to make a profit, just depends on how long your willing to wait to reap the benefit.

#23 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

1. Keep OJ, Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol and Conley, Hak and Darthur.
2. No moves, If we get number 1 pick, take Griffin. otherwise just draft either Earl Clark or Stephen Curry and call it a day.
3. Keep Ivy.
4. Yes, if it means we can keep the core together.

Contrary to popular belief this team has everything we need, if we allow them to develop. Obviously our low post scoring sucks, but I don't really see an easy way to get that without losing an integral piece along the way. Sure we could throw 20 million at boozer, how long before that becomes a nightmare. The only other way I see us gaining better than what we have is if we get the number 1 pick in the draft. Obviously with memphis's draft history, that is a pipe dream.

#24 Groucho

Groucho

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (BnaBreaker @ Dec 20 2008, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, you're right. Well, so much for that plan.

I still think your plan can't be much worse than Heisley's.

#25 Commadoor Sixty-four

Commadoor Sixty-four

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

If I owned the Grizzlies, I'd make all of you on this board the co-GMs and the coaches, then I would fire each and every one of you for the mistakes that you would make, therefore I would pwn you all.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Complex......on loan.....from....Gaw---D!

#26 SNAUZ

SNAUZ

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

If I owned the Griz I would sell 49% of the team so I could pay off all my bills and still be able to retire!

#27 Notorious O.D.K.

Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,400 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (OJ The Juice Maker @ Dec 19 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

VEGAS HERE WE COME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 Grizzle4Rizzle

Grizzle4Rizzle

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Commadoor Sixty-four @ Dec 22 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I owned the Grizzlies, I'd make all of you on this board the co-GMs and the coaches, then I would fire each and every one of you for the mistakes that you would make, therefore I would pwn you all.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Complex......on loan.....from....Gaw---D!

I would say something cliche like..."you can't fire me, because I Quit!"

Then I'd kick myself when I found out that my irrational response to my firing cost me my unemployment benefits.

#29 Back2Grizzness

Back2Grizzness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 20 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well with all the success OKC has ha in selling tickets, they are still #12 in attendance. It is a function of market. So if Heisley thought he would move his team to the smallest NBA market and lead the league in attendance then he is simply a fool. The best Memphis could hope to do is crack the top 10.

When we talk attendance, we need to look at percentage full, not bodies in the seats. The reason is, the Forum only holds 18k+/- while Detroit, Chicago, Portland, Dallas, and Utah all are around or over 20K. Memphis this year is unfortunately last in both columns, though Sac. is within reach as they average about 100 peo. per game more than we do. There is no physical way Memphis can lead the league in attendance. The best we can possibly do when looking at fannies in the seats is somewhere between 10-14th. So in our hayday, getting over 16k every night, we were doing pretty good.

#30 Sumisu

Sumisu

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (OJ The Juice Maker @ Dec 20 2008, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.) OJ Mayo.

2.) Give the Max to Boozer (frontloaded), because he can be an elite big man in an elite team (as shown in Utah). Draft Stephen Curry to spread the floor. Curry will be like a new Ben Gordon without the defensive collapses. And he's a great team player.

3.) Eddie Jordan.

4.) I would do it more like the Spurs (try to keep it as cheap as possible), but definitely not like the Suns (give the players away in order to save some money when you're in contender mode).

#31 Murkg

Murkg

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

If I was owner id get Kobe, Lebron, Dwade and Dwight Howard to play for us wink.gif