8 replies to this topic

#1 Iggy

Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

There is no question that both Mayo and Gasol will be invited to this year's sophomore vs. rookie challange. And both should start. Conley will probably be invited, but it's less certain. Arthur has an outside shot.

The rookies should easily win this one.

#2 J.Buckets

J.Buckets

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

The rookie team could easily be:

Rose
Mayo
Beasley
Love
Oden

With Gasol, Westbrook, Lopez, Gordon on the bench. Maybe throw Jason Thompson in there. Rookies win this year on talent alone.

#3 bystander

bystander

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

Rose
Mayo
Beasley
Oden
Gasol

Conley with the sophomores ?

#4 david sparks

david sparks

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

um.. it should be noted that arthur is 2nd in rookie rebounding rates behind oden and 10 among all PFs, has been starting for the griz and love is no longer starting for the wolves.

love might get the nod for going so high, but so far doesnt deserve it considering arthur, tho has struggled some, possess offensive tools that allow him to score just as much and probably more than love AS WELL AS probably having more diverse offensive moves if for no other reason than not being over weight.

dont see why love could possibly go ahead of arthur.

arthurs been ranked in the top 10 rookies recently and love hasnt been there since the first or 2nd week if im not mistaken.

also.. if this goes strictly by production, gasol gets the nod for starting C and oden behind him as oden is no where to be seen on the top 10 rookie rankings while gasols been as high as 3.

im not being a homer here.. if it goes by production..

rose mayo and beasley are the only ones i would rely on being there.

i would like to add, if its rose, mayo, beasley, arthur, gasol as the starting line holding the most minutes, this might be the first year the rookies beat the sophs just from our 3 spending so much time on the floor together as a team as well as being some of the best of this class.
last years class has been pretty ho hum.

mayo, arthur and gasol have starting jobs on the rookie starting line. i expect bigger names to beat them out though aside from mayo.

#5 BHZMAFIA

BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (J.Buckets @ Dec 19 2008, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rookie team could easily be:

Rose
Mayo
Beasley
Love
Oden

With Gasol, Westbrook, Lopez, Gordon on the bench. Maybe throw Jason Thompson in there. Rookies win this year on talent alone.

Can't forget about DJ Augustine, Rudy Fernandez and Jason Thompson is averaging 10ppg and 7rpg for the Kings. He will probably start at PF, but there will be snubs regardless of who makes it for the rookies. Dang, this rookie class is amazing.

#6 BnaBreaker

BnaBreaker

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

My guess is that Mayo, Gasol, and Conley will make it. Conley mainly because there really aren't many great PG's from last year.

#7 GF#1

GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,066 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

Mayo, Gasol, Conley.

Maybe Arthur.

#8 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,652 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (BnaBreaker @ Dec 19 2008, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guess is that Mayo, Gasol, and Conley will make it. Conley mainly because there really aren't many great PG's from last year.

Stuckey and Session will make it over him.

#9 BnaBreaker

BnaBreaker

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 19 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stuckey and Session will make it over him.

Stuckey, definitely. But I doubt Sessions will. He's kind of a flash in the pan, and statistically speaking has only been relevant for a month or so in his career. He's back in Scott Skiles' dog house now too, so I don't see him making it. Ya never know though I guess.