• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LOULOU

LOULOU

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:God, my Wife,Family,School,Grizzlies,Nike Sneakers,Sportcenter!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

If the grizz got the number 2 2009 draft pick,would you be happy if we got Hasheem Thabeet? Being that ESPN thinks he's the second to go?

#2 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,712 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (LOULOU @ Dec 19 2008, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the grizz got the number 2 2009 draft pick,would you be happy if we got Hasheem Thabeet? Being that ESPN thinks he's the second to go?

#3 Well_Pete

Well_Pete

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

maybe we can trade the # 2 pick for otis thorpe

#4 RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Grizzn04)

RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Grizzn04)

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:39 PM

Absolutely..I think Thabeet is the player that the Grizzlies could use most out of this draft. Of course most fans are going to say Griffin is the guy..but i'm on the Thabeet wagon. You don't find guys 7'3" 270 that are as mobile as he is on a daily basis. He still has alot of untapped potential..but I believe he could end up being a Dikemebe Mutumbo type enforcer in the paint some day.

#5 MemphisJayhawk

MemphisJayhawk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (RunGMCin09 (formerly known as Gr @ Dec 18 2008, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely..I think Thabeet is the player that the Grizzlies could use most out of this draft. Of course most fans are going to say Griffin is the guy..but i'm on the Thabeet wagon. You don't find guys 7'3" 270 that are as mobile as he is on a daily basis. He still has alot of untapped potential..but I believe he could end up being a Dikemebe Mutumbo type enforcer in the paint some day.

Count me as someone who would take Ricky Rubio and trade away either Conley or Lowry for a late first rounder. I am not sure about how Rubio's draft rights go, but this guys is electric. I would also draft the rights to X. Henry and again trade away Conley or Lowry for a late first rounder.

#6 K MASTA

K MASTA

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:39 AM

Thabeet in the NBA is going to be a Shawn Bradley and Kwame Brown hybrid...I think I'll pass.

#7 tekneek84

tekneek84

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:31 AM

I would be ok with it, because depending on who got the #1 pick, we could probably trade up to get Griffin. I just don't see us drafting another guard prospect unless it's a guy like Curry that could come off the bench and provide scoring or some other guy that would be a legit SG. Other than that, I say we go after Blake. We probably have some of the pieces to get it done, but he would be the ideal fit for us. We eventually have to fill that glaring hole at the 4 spot and drafting guards every year isn't gonna get that done. Free agency is an option, but it's not as reliable. Players have a say in where they go with free agency, however in the draft, personnel has more power to get a person they desire. So I'd rather go that route.

#8 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:39 AM

it is written in the cosmos......the griz are no longer allowed to have their combination pulled in the lottery.......

for the past 2 years, we have all wanted a top 2 pick....when in reality even the #3 pick would have been just as good.....the drop off happens at #4 and below......

#3 would have been Al Horford

#3 would have been OJ Mayo without giving up Miller.....

but this year, we might not be quite as relatively bad to get the 4 or 5 once we don't win the lottery....meaning we need to really see who we should pick at between 6 and 9....

#9 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:39 AM

and no, lets not get this tall skinny kid from uconn.....

#10 CircleK83

CircleK83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Zack @ Dec 19 2008, 05:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and no, lets not get this tall skinny kid from uconn.....

Rudy Gay?? laugh.gif

#11 Latilleon

Latilleon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (Zack @ Dec 19 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
#3 would have been OJ Mayo without giving up Miller.....

You didn't need Miller with OJ...

Don't even think that you needed Miller to get OJ. You traded Miller to get rid of Brian Cardinal.

#12 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Latilleon @ Dec 19 2008, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You didn't need Miller with OJ...

Don't even think that you needed Miller to get OJ. You traded Miller to get rid of Brian Cardinal.

Jaric=cardinal

Of we could have drafted mayo at 3 we then could have used miller in a different trade to improve the team.

#13 OvintonFan1978

OvintonFan1978

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

Just say no to Thabeet. Draft Rubio, pick up a PF through free agency and we'll have a playoff team.

#14 Uncle Sweetness

Uncle Sweetness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (funkiest_man_alive @ Dec 18 2008, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe we can trade the # 2 pick for otis thorpe

That's what I'm talking about! Someone give the funky man a front office job.

#15 tekneek84

tekneek84

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

After watching Earl Clark last night, I think he'd be a good fit and a good person to come off the bench when Rudy takes a break.

#16 Kevin B Moses

Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,463 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

I don't think that the grizzlies have what it takes to trade up to get blake griffen, unless you want to give up oj or rudy or gasol and I for one don't want to trade any of those guys at this point.

Some of you guys would probably sacrifice gasol and our number 1 to get griffin I suppose, but count me as not being one of them. Gasol is the first physical big in this teams history and he can match up with the howards and yaos and duncans all day long. I can't see us trading gasol to move up.

#17 Jetfixer

Jetfixer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,861 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

I think we stay put at the 5 in this draft. If we get that high a pick I say Griffin(if there) Ricky(if he is coming over, only if he is coming) then who, Monroe, a shooter Curry?
I figure we will get about 10th pick, and the first 3 will go to OKC(Griffin) Minny, Washington.

#18 Grizzle4Rizzle

Grizzle4Rizzle

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (jetfixer(sean) @ Dec 19 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the first 3 will go to OKC(Griffin) Minny, Washington.

...and Minny will trade that pick for Matt Carrol and Charlotte's pick...maybe they'll unload Brian Cardinal while they're at it :lol: