#21 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,655 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Iggy @ Dec 18 2008, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, but the Griz will still have a lot more money under the cap than the Heat. Plus, the Heat need to resign Wade in 2010, which means if the Griz and Heat get into a bidding war over Boozer, the Griz should be able to win it, so long as Heisley is willing to spend.

There will be no bidding war for Boozer. He will get the MAX and decide which team he will get it from...

#22 J.Buckets

J.Buckets

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 19 2008, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There will be no bidding war for Boozer. He will get the MAX and decide which team he will get it from...

+1

Truth.

#23 grizzlyalidocious

grizzlyalidocious

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:50 PM

I already expected em to let him go , and resign the younger player anyways so I'm not surprised at all. If Boozer wants more than 12 mill a year I cant say that I really wanna give it to him though. Maybe he's worth it , but I just feel like its another Brand like situation.

#24 Iggy

Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (MemphisX @ Dec 18 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will Miami be able to pay him the max? And if so, for how many years? This is where the Griz may have an advantage if they are willing to spend.

#25 raymond

raymond

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:14 AM

The Jazz are not a terrible team last time I checked. By Booozer opting out he is basically saying he's going after the money. Don't be to surprised if AK47 gets moved. He wouldn't be the first player that I thought would be tough to trade because of his contract, yet the GM was able to find some one to take on that players hefty contract.

#26 LiveFreeorDie

LiveFreeorDie

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

He might be offered the max but it isn't going to be by many great teams. Not a lot have the luxary room to sign someone at a max contract.

If he plans on getting out the best bet would be to trade him. At least get something for him