26 replies to this topic

#1 BealeSt.BlueBleeder

BealeSt.BlueBleeder

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

I'm not sure if this is trade talk since I'm not proposing a deal or reporting one,so I figured it's team talk until a deal actually happens. Now I haven't found anything myself to validate this,but my friend CLAIMS to have read Houston and Memphis are talking Hak for Luther Head and Joey Dorsey. I've been to almost every basketball site I know,but so far I have nothing. It does make sense though,because Head has been on the block for months and Dorsey isn't even in houston's rotation. Does anybody have info on this?

#2 HPTMatt

HPTMatt

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

was on Hoopsworld, has since been denied by Chris Wallace and VEHEMENTLY denied by Houston. IMO, not happening.

#3 Spartacus

Spartacus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,621 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (BealeSt.BlueBleeder @ Dec 18 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure if this is trade talk since I'm not proposing a deal or reporting one,so I figured it's team talk until a deal actually happens. Now I haven't found anything myself to validate this,but my friend CLAIMS to have read Houston and Memphis are talking Hak for Luther Head and Joey Dorsey. I've been to almost every basketball site I know,but so far I have nothing. It does make sense though,because Head has been on the block for months and Dorsey isn't even in houston's rotation. Does anybody have info on this?

Chris Wallace gave 3 Shades of Blue an official "No comment" when we asked him about it.

From my perspective, it doesn't make sense to trade away our most consistent bench scorer for a combo guard and a guy who cannot even dress out for the Rockets.

#4 BealeSt.BlueBleeder

BealeSt.BlueBleeder

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 18 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris Wallace gave 3 Shades of Blue an official "No comment" when we asked him about it.

From my perspective, it doesn't make sense to trade away our most consistent bench scorer for a combo guard and a guy who cannot even dress out for the Rockets.

You do have a valid point with this statement,but I meant it made sense from a fan standpoint(Should've been more clear). It'll add to the buzz that we currently have going to have a former tiger on the squad.

#5 Spartacus

Spartacus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,621 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (BealeSt.BlueBleeder @ Dec 18 2008, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do have a valid point with this statement,but I meant it made sense from a fan standpoint(Should've been more clear). It'll add to the buzz that we currently have going to have a former tiger on the squad.

It would only matter if that former Tiger was going to get playing time. It didn't matter when Antonio Burks was here a few seasons ago and it wouldn't be any different if Joey Dorsey was on the roster. Joey wouldn't get playing time over the PF/C's we currently have.

#6 Trent3322

Trent3322

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 18 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. This helps us in no way.

#7 Spartacus

Spartacus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,621 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

Hoopsworld has a few trade ideas for Memphis, given that the Grizzlies are one of only two teams under the salary cap. They mention Denver, Detroit and Houston as likely partners who would be looking to dump a contract to get some salary relief.

#8 The Truth is OUT

The Truth is OUT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 18 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hoopsworld has a few trade ideas for Memphis, given that the Grizzlies are one of only two teams under the salary cap. They mention Denver, Detroit and Houston as likely partners who would be looking to dump a contract to get some salary relief.

I always love trade rumors about a team that are intended to do favors for their trading partner.

#9 BealeSt.BlueBleeder

BealeSt.BlueBleeder

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 18 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would only matter if that former Tiger was going to get playing time. It didn't matter when Antonio Burks was here a few seasons ago and it wouldn't be any different if Joey Dorsey was on the roster. Joey wouldn't get playing time over the PF/C's we currently have.

You're right on almost all your points. Except that I believe joey is a bit more beloved than antonio burks. There are still some fans to this day who believe he or cdr should've been drafted by the grizz with their #28 pick. Darrell Arthur was changing people's minds about that at first,but he seems to have a hit a rookie wall.... An EXTREMELY EARLY rookie wall might I add

#10 Spartacus

Spartacus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,621 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (BealeSt.BlueBleeder @ Dec 18 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right on almost all your points. Except that I believe joey is a bit more beloved than antonio burks. There are still some fans to this day who believe he or cdr should've been drafted by the grizz with their #28 pick. Darrell Arthur was changing people's minds about that at first,but he seems to have a hit a rookie wall.... An EXTREMELY EARLY rookie wall might I add

Again, Joey might be more beloved, but people aren't going to buy tickets to see him sit on the bench or behind the bench in a suit.

#11 GrizzedByBluffCity

GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,322 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

it's not a real rumor

#12 Sweet Chin Music

Sweet Chin Music

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 18 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Warrick for Head and Dorsey doesn't make any sense nor does it help the Grizzlies or improve the teams talent.

BTW, Luther Head isn't a combo guard. He's an undersized shooting guard.

#13 guillermo

guillermo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

Nay on that trade. We need Hak more than we need Luther Head.

Unless they think Dorsey can play right away- then maybe.

I haven't seen much of Dorsey- is he ready to contribute? How good is he projected to be?

#14 Baseline Coach

Baseline Coach

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Location:Up the big hill from the lake, around the corner from old grain silo, up the street from the Gardens, across from to the Chateau, next to the Overton's old tracks

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 18 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would only matter if that former Tiger was going to get playing time. Joey wouldn't get playing time over the PF/C's we currently have.

I agree totally. We have enough of that now. He may be used in a mulitple team trade, but staying Memphis will not likely happen.

#15 LOULOU

LOULOU

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:God, my Wife,Family,School,Grizzlies,Nike Sneakers,Sportcenter!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

fake!

#16 J.Buckets

J.Buckets

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus @ Dec 18 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, Joey might be more beloved, but people aren't going to buy tickets to see him sit on the bench or behind the bench in a suit.

I agree. If we filled the team up with Tigers we would become the Bobcats. With better looking uniforms of course.

Ouch. I say no go.

#17 mr38109

mr38109

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

I'LL ACTUALLY SAY YES TO THIS. NO PERSONAL DIS TO HAK, BUT JOEY WOULD BE MORE PHYSICAL DEFENSIVELY AND ON THE BOARDS THAN HAK. Y'ALL SAW HIM IN MEMPHIS. HE WAS A BEAST. PHYSICALLY COMPARED TO HAK, HE'S STILL A BEAST WITH THE ABILITY TO RUN THE FLOOR BETTER.
I DON'T SEE IT HAPPENING CAUSE OF HOUSTON'S CURRENT PF SITUATION.
I LIKE RIDING WITH OUR CURRENT BENCH, BUT IF WE COULD ADD MORE DEFENSE AND ATHLETICISM, I SAY PULL THE TRIGGER, IF THERE ACTUALLY IS A GUN

#18 smit-tay griz

smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,696 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

Joey D. may have been a beast in college but he has not proven anything in the NBA, and if the Grizzlies aren't winning it won't matter if we have Dorsey, CDR, or any other Tiger on the team, the fans will lose interest after a time.

#19 MemphisX

MemphisX

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,655 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

My guess is you might see the Grizzlies get paid to take on one of Houston's bench guys like Head or our favorite son Stevie Franchise while we get our 2nd round pick back in return.

Steve Francis/2nd rounder/Cash for future protected 2nd rounder then we can waive Franchise away and put some dough on the ledgers.

#20 Zack

Zack

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

hak will have a cap hold this summer of about 6.4 million (3x his salary this year).....so I can see the benefit of trading him for something, preferably cheaper, so that we get something for him and don't have to cut him loose for nothing this summer (by renouncing him) in order to maximize our cap space.....